Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 10:42 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,981,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I guess you missed the second definition: "An indication or warning of probable trouble".
There was never any indication or warning of probable trouble, unless you consider entering a business to be trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 10:43 AM

21,656 posts, read 31,274,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerAnthony View Post
There was never any indication or warning of probable trouble, unless you consider entering a business to be trouble.
See my edit...

And further, those companies aren't generally open to the public. As stated previously, their security is HIGH.

He was probably screaming at the person on the other end - my guess is that he sounded like a raving lunatic. When you act that way, you're likely to get the response he got. Again, he was his own worst enemy. Calmer heads always prevail. Always.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:59 AM

240 posts, read 537,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Seriously? Money is super tight here now and we're practically paycheck to paycheck because I'm back in school and we just had to replace the water heater. Does that mean my kids shouldn't get Christmas presents?
Actually, yes, your kids shouldn't get presents. If there is no money for presents then there are no presents.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmo View Post
Actually, yes, your kids shouldn't get presents. If there is no money for presents then there are no presents.
*Ding ding ding*

Old 12-22-2011, 11:20 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,027,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
If he said it the way it was explained in the article, he NEVER THREATENED to do anything.. He ASKED a question...There IS a difference...
I had a similar issue with a track worker who was being a royal power trip idiot and trying to get me tossed out. He told the manager I called him an *sshole. I said "I never called him an *sshole, I simply asked him to stop acting like one". I raced on.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:26 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,628,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmo View Post
Well you have to live and we put money aside for it. We have no car payments, don't buy expensive clothes, or go on extravagant vacations. Sorry that isn't up to your standards.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:46 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,503,230 times
Quote:
You don't think threatening to "run through the doors" of a large company to yell at a higher up is not an indication of probable trouble? Look at the fourth word in the first sentence...see how it fits?

Again, according to the article he never "threatened" to DO anything.. He ASKED a QUESTION.... The operator should have answered the question with a "yes" or "no" or with a better suggestion, NOT answer him with yet ANOTHER question.. They both handled it wrong. One should not being facing charges over it anyway... CL&P has absolutely no accountability for forever rising rates and worsening service and short shortsightedness..

Old 12-22-2011, 05:48 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,503,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
I had a similar issue with a track worker who was being a royal power trip idiot and trying to get me tossed out. He told the manager I called him an *sshole. I said "I never called him an *sshole, I simply asked him to stop acting like one". I raced on.

LOL. Ive used the exact phrasing more than a few times..

Old 12-22-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Again, according to the article he never "threatened" to DO anything.. He ASKED a QUESTION.... The operator should have answered the question with a "yes" or "no" or with a better suggestion, NOT answer him with yet ANOTHER question.. They both handled it wrong. One should not being facing charges over it anyway... CL&P has absolutely no accountability for forever rising rates and worsening service and short shortsightedness..

Old 12-22-2011, 06:53 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,886,127 times
Quote:
You don't think threatening to "run through the doors" of a large company to yell at a higher up is not an indication of probable trouble? Look at the fourth word in the first sentence...see how it fits?
Run can be viewed in the same context as Walk, Jog, Sprint, or Saunter through the doors.

Now, if he had said words such as Ram, Bust, Blast, Kick, Pound, or Smash, then you would have a "threat".

Charge will be nolled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut