Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 06:54 PM

3,435 posts, read 3,961,288 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a mattress store in Fairfield county? I am looking primarily at latex mattresses and want to stay away from the big chains if possible. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 10:03 AM

35,064 posts, read 57,171,790 times
We just bought a matress in the Hartford area but in our research I remember there being a store in Westport that had natural matresses. It is called the Clean Bedroom and I think it is located in the Sasco Mill building on the Fairfield line. In Greenwich there is a Relax the Back store on Greenwich Avenue. We went to their West Hartford store and found them to be very helpful. I think they only sell Tempurpedic though. Other than these I do not htink there are too many local stores in the area. Jay

Old 03-09-2013, 10:51 AM

2,643 posts, read 7,450,149 times
My manager had a terrible time with Sleepys, so I ended up going to Raymour and Flanagan when I needed a new one, since someone I knows mom works there. They were pretty nice

Old 03-09-2013, 10:57 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,961,288 times
Thanks guys. For whatever reason, it's hard to find find stores that carry latex mattresses. Seems like its mostly online retailers that carry them.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:00 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,902,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
Thanks guys. For whatever reason, it's hard to find find stores that carry latex mattresses. Seems like its mostly online retailers that carry them.

They have been advertising like crazy. How could you miss it?

Old 03-09-2013, 05:00 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,808,141 times
It's been my experience that one can find the exact same mattresses on line for less than half the price in the stores. Try US mattress and 1800 mattress

Old 05-25-2013, 08:22 PM

1,299 posts, read 1,985,574 times
Stay away from Sleepy's at all costs. I personally recommend Bob's Discount Furniture as they always have quality mattresses for good prices.

Old 05-28-2013, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerAnthony View Post
Stay away from Sleepy's at all costs. I personally recommend Bob's Discount Furniture as they always have quality mattresses for good prices.
I agree. The shopping at Sleepys and their sister store, Better Bedding, is like buying used cars. A couple of years ago I went into Better Bedding in Manchester to look for a matress with DS and the salesman tried to get me to buy on the spot. He gave me a price that actually was good but then said I had to buy it right there and then. I said I had to talk with DW before making such a large purchase. He said that if I walked out the door the deal was dead. I was shocked. I walked out, got in my car and he literally came running after my car as I backed out saying that they could do the deal if we came back within 24 hours. I laughed and swore never again to buy from them. We bought at Bob's and have been very happy.

I also don't care for the way they sweeped in and stole Better Bedding from the Wholly brothers who started the company. During the recession Better Bedding was forced into bankruptcy. The Wholly's worked out a plan to emerge from bankruptcy but Sleepys came in and bid over them to steal the company away. They basically were looking to eliminate competition and the court went along with it which is sad. Jay

Old 05-28-2013, 09:49 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,902,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I agree. The shopping at Sleepys and their sister store, Better Bedding, is like buying used cars. A couple of years ago I went into Better Bedding in Manchester to look for a matress with DS and the salesman tried to get me to buy on the spot. He gave me a price that actually was good but then said I had to buy it right there and then. I said I had to talk with DW before making such a large purchase. He said that if I walked out the door the deal was dead. I was shocked. I walked out, got in my car and he literally came running after my car as I backed out saying that they could do the deal if we came back within 24 hours. I laughed and swore never again to buy from them. We bought at Bob's and have been very happy.

I also don't care for the way they sweeped in and stole Better Bedding from the Wholly brothers who started the company. During the recession Better Bedding was forced into bankruptcy. The Wholly's worked out a plan to emerge from bankruptcy but Sleepys came in and bid over them to steal the company away. They basically were looking to eliminate competition and the court went along with it which is sad. Jay

One of the brothers opened a couple new stores(CT Mattress).

Old 05-28-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
One of the brothers opened a couple new stores(CT Mattress).
Yeah, Tom Wholly did. The other brother died sadly. There are 2 Connecticut Matress stores, one at Evergreen Walk in South Windsor and the other in Avon. We almost bought there but the prices at Bob's were too good to refuse. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut