Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 11:05 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,900,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
Like the one Obama tasked the CDC to perform on guns after SH? The one you haven't heard about from him or the news because the results showed that the gun control policies proposed WOULD NOT result in a decrease in mass murder or crime?
CDC Gun Research Backfires on Obama - Guns & Ammo
First Reports Evaluating the Effectiveness of Strategies for Preventing Violence: Firearms Laws

Or the similar 2007 study from Harvard that showed the exact same thing?
Harvard Study: No Correlation Between Gun Control and Less Violent Crime

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...Fbl8QqcwRwqxpQ
You seriously posted a link from Guns and Ammo? And just looking at the next link you shared shows studies 10-20 years old, I didn't even bother with your last link. I'm sharing statistics that say states with greater gun control laws have fewer gun related deaths. We could trade studies and statistics all day long.

Yahoo!

Old 02-14-2014, 11:08 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
??? Your using a plane crash to justify an "AW" ban? I don't think joe biden himself would do something so silly.
I guess if you're being purposefully obtuse, it's just "a plane crash". The building burning is the IRS building in Austin, Texas.

2010 Austin suicide attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, most anti-government extremists are all talk. Some aren't. Timothy McVie comes to mind.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
To protect against governmental tyranny.

Unfortunately for some the definition of government tyranny includes collecting taxes, allowing legal abortions, or having a black president.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:12 AM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
And that's a very extreme example. Everyone should register their guns, I'm not arguing that, but when we talk about big violence issues these people are not the issue at hand.

I'm a big 2nd amendment supporter. Not just for the fact that people should be able to protect themselves, but for the original reason it was an amendment. To protect against governmental tyranny. I don't know why Americans think we're immune to a radical and negative change in government. It's happened hundreds of times in history.
Genocide was by far the leading cause of death in the 20th century. Estimates of up to 78 MILLION died under Mao Ze-Dong alone. The orders are in the millions every time.

I don't personally believe instability in the US today is even close to causing anything like that, but I most certainly play my part in preserving the right for future generations.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
You seriously posted a link from Guns and Ammo? And just looking at the next link you shared shows studies 10-20 years old, I didn't even bother with your last link. I'm sharing statistics that say states with greater gun control laws have fewer gun related deaths. We could trade studies and statistics all day long.

Yahoo!
I posted direct links as well. The article links were just for a brief synopsis. Unfortunately, big media outlets didn't report it for seemingly obvious reasons.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I guess if you're being purposefully obtuse, it's just "a plane crash". The building burning is the IRS building in Austin, Texas.

2010 Austin suicide attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, most anti-government extremists are all talk. Some aren't. Timothy McVie comes to mind.
We are talking about an assault weapons ban that effects tens of thousands of normal citizens, your neighbor, your accountant, not terrorist attacks from right (or even left wing for that matter) extremists.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately, big media outlets didn't report it for seemingly obvious reasons.
We always wind up here.... "It's a conspiracy..."

Old 02-14-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
We are talking about an assault weapons ban that effects tens of thousands of normal citizens, your neighbor, your accountant, not terrorist attacks from right (or even left wing for that matter) extremists.
Keep up. This wasn't in response to something you said.

We were discussing sociopathic anti-government types in the context of those who refuse to to comply with the law.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
We always wind up here.... "It's a conspiracy..."

You have made the same remark numerous times about Fox news, just saying. and you would be correct in that fox news is biased as well.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Keep up. This wasn't in response to something you said.

We were discussing sociopathic anti-government types in the context of those who refuse to to comply with the law.
But his bears zero relevance to the law or compliance. What your doing is no different than if someone posted a video of the boston bombers while lambasting the muslim population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut