Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 08:23 AM

7 posts, read 7,146 times

Advertisements

Spanish music all day blasting into my yard. Fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 10:26 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,426,924 times
Smile Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I'll never forget living in Stamford. We had a neighbor who lived alone and "wasn't all there" mentally.

He would scream and yell for anything. One time I heard him yelling inside his house (alone) and slamming doors. I think he was chasing rats.

He would yell & curse into the air at every passer byer. This was near the beach too so we had many folks walking the sidewalks.

One time he was singing the national anthem outside while hanging his clothes. Thought that was funny.

One time he yelled at our landscaper for using the leaf blower too close to his property and a few leaves went onto his..

He yelled at the pollen that fell from the trees. Cursing while cleaning his car everyday.

He had stacks of newspapers inside his home I was told. A hoarder with washing machines, old cars, junk outside his property. Home for Bees nests, raccoons and mosquitoes.

He would stand in his driveway and just stare at everyone pulling into ours.

Our 3 unit condo had an issue with his backyard always flooding ours and the homes behind his so we took it to city hall. I didn't make it there but found out he yelled at everyone in the room like a mad man. Nothing was solved.

He came over many times and started arguing and cursing at our doorsteps complaining about the wind blowing. You couldn't have a conversation with him.

Heard him from inside the house just cursing and yelling outside.

We had to file a restraining order after it was getting out of hand..

It was living in fear a lot of times. One time a kid kicked a football and it went into his yard. The kid went to get it and he screamed at him "GET OFF MY LAND!". He was an older guy in his 50s at the time.

Unfortunately we didn't know this when we bought the place. It's hard to find out about neighbors actions until you actually live there.

Lost count on the number of times cops showed up there. Cop told me he was on medication but who knows if he was taking it.

When I went to sell the place he would stare at everyone coming to see it. Our realtor called me at the open house and said she had to leave cause she felt threatened. He would question prospective buyers and why they were there and yell at them for parking in front of his house on the public street

I am in a condo with just about the worst person in the whole complex right next door to me, but she does not approach what you had. Just curious, how hard was it to sell your place with that person next door? I will eventually be moving and will have to sell and am sure she will be a big liability for me. But, luckily, or unluckily, the whole condo complex is gone downhill and only foreclosures sell and only to investors who buy them for rentals. So it is not as if I will have to sell to someone who is going to live there. Glad you were able to move to a much better place eventually. Enjoy! And think back on condo living when you need to remind yourself how lucky you are.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:19 AM

6,589 posts, read 4,977,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardplayerct View Post
Spanish music all day blasting into my yard. Fun.
Do you live near me? lol At least mine were quieter yesterday than Saturday, but not quiet enough that I could nap more than 20 mins on the deck after getting up at 4am for work

At least mine don't do it every weekend <fingers crossed>

Old 06-15-2015, 11:57 AM

83,525 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
Just curious, how hard was it to sell your place with that person next door? .
It was at the peak of the bubble when there were people jumping over everyones offer and prices were going over asking. So I sold it pretty quick. Must of been when the buyer didn't see the neighbor. lol
Bought $242k in 2003. Sold $365k in 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
Glad you were able to move to a much better place eventually. are.
Well... unfortunately it's my Neighbor Part 2 rant. lol

Didn't realize I had neighbors with kids that were wild animals and parents who had no respect. Didn't realize I moved next to a neighbor who plays heavy rock while doing projects just 30 feet from my backyard. Didn't realize my house would get hit with golf balls and hardballs found near my cars.

Luckily those screaming kids grew up. So now I just have to deal with the parents throwing teenage partys and the teenagers loud cars and the garbage I find in the streets from the parties. I got no luck.

Good luck with you. Stake out the place for a couple hours. Go walking around there couple times a week so you can hear and maybe see things.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:11 AM

6:50am. 7:15am. These other _______________ next door are using a machine. This is the 4th week in a row on a weekend this early. WTF is wrong with people! Even last Sunday!

Seriously??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean does it take someone to yell at them to realize they are being disrespectful to neighbors AND against town laws????

Seriously people, reexamine yourself next time you decide to do something outside. If you want to "do what you want" move to where you don't have neighbors.

Effin ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-26-2015, 06:00 AM

Quote:
6:50am. 7:15am. These other ____ next door are using a machine. This is the 4th week in a row on a weekend this early. WTF is wrong with people! Even last Sunday!
Last night, another neighbor (young guys)

9pm pretty dark out mowing the lawn with commercial mower.

--------------------

This morning, another neighbor...

7:05am neighbor decides to mow the lawn (a 75yr old)
7:45am he decides to use a leaf blower

Doors and windows open since it's not hot. Lovely sounds to wake up to. Law is 8am start for a reason!

WTF people!! And I'm supposed to move to an area without neighbors? How about a little respect and class? White trash hillbilly.

I don't mind sounds of landscape machines but at 7-8am?????

I'm surrounded by 4 different a_ss__ole neighbors.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:55 AM

34,940 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Quote:
Last night, another neighbor (young guys)

9pm pretty dark out mowing the lawn with commercial mower.

--------------------

This morning, another neighbor...

7:05am neighbor decides to mow the lawn (a 75yr old)
7:45am he decides to use a leaf blower

Doors and windows open since it's not hot. Lovely sounds to wake up to. Law is 8am start for a reason!

WTF people!! And I'm supposed to move to an area without neighbors? How about a little respect and class? White trash hillbilly.

I don't mind sounds of landscape machines but at 7-8am?????

I'm surrounded by 4 different a_ss__ole neighbors.
If the law is 8:00 AM then call the police on them. The police will go by and inform them of the complaint and the law. Jay

Old 06-26-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
If the law is 8:00 AM then call the police on them. The police will go by and inform them of the complaint and the law. Jay
The old italian guy and I chit chat all the time so I will bring it up personally "again" but the other neighbors I don't interact with much. I just don't want to be "one of those" but I bet all the other neighbors would vote for me as neighborhood President. Lol I'm sure they would appreciate I was the one to step up.

Just wish people had brain cells so someone wouldn't need to do that.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:09 AM

37 posts, read 30,690 times
Man, it seems most of you guys just have really bad luck when it comes to neighbors.

I've never lived next to anyone who causes some of the problems you guys are mentioning.

I do have a question though for anyone who has called the cops for noise ordinance, did the noise get better or did they just get worse and how many times will a cop show up before they ignore the complaints or give the person a ticket?

I'm just curious if some towns are much more lenient/strict.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:15 AM

6,589 posts, read 4,977,963 times
What's your thought on snowblower start times, Cam? Just curious. (I saw a write in years ago to the Rare Reminder where a retired man was annoyed his working neighbors cleaned their driveways at 5-6am)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut