Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 05:02 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,422,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Many pharmaceutical companies have a monopoly on medication and some legal jargon that block growth and access to medications.
It's called a patent. Pharma is not the only industry to use them. People who don't understand business have just stigmatized pharma for whatever reason.

Last edited by Sigequinox; 06-27-2016 at 05:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 05:12 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,422,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
People that have psychiatric issues with money get good treatment and care. This all boils down to the huge issues our state and country are facing with the growing gap of inequality. If the poor have no means to advance themselves this is just simply a byproduct.
That's why CT should be hyper focused on the economy . Economic health is the foundation of nearly every other aspect of modern civilization.education, as previously mentioned is the other major component. The short term solution are task forces specifically targeting the problem. Worked for coke, crack and hippies.

These deaths should will also be useful in the fear tactic side of education. I know why I never bothered to try heroin. It's because the people who did it were scum, my school made us aware of the grit and reality of the lives of people who used such drugs, and deaths related to it were nearly all overdoses (not something like cigarettes that you maybe have to worry about in 30 years).

We should be MUCH more concerned about the innocent faces in our elementary schools right now than the black tar addicted junkies of today. Those children still have a chance.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:14 PM

43 posts, read 78,260 times
Heroin is not just a poor person's drug. This is a stereotype. Those with means are able to hide it better. When I worked in the Bridgeport area with adolescents the rate of heroin use in Fairfield far outweighed that than the youth in Bridgeport. From my 13 years of experience in the mental health field alcoholism and opiate addiction is widespread in some suburban areas. Often times these addicts have family members with the resources to enable them and prevent them from reaching rock bottom such as homelessness.

Last edited by Pammsw; 06-27-2016 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-27-2016, 07:16 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammsw View Post
Heroin is not just a poor person's drug. This is a stereotype. Those with means are able to hide it better. When I worked in the Bridgeport area with adolescents the rate of heroin use in Fairfield far outweighed that than the youth in Bridgeport. From my 13 years of experience in the mental health field alcoholism and opiate addiction is widespread in some suburban areas. Often times these addicts have family members with the resources to enable them and prevent them from reaching rock bottom such as homelessness.
this is true, there were kids i knew at Greenwich high who did heroin

Old 06-27-2016, 07:45 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,186,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
this is true, there were kids i knew at Greenwich high who did heroin
How'd that work out for them?

Old 06-27-2016, 07:47 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,186,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
That's why CT should be hyper focused on the economy . Economic health is the foundation of nearly every other aspect of modern civilization.education, as previously mentioned is the other major component. The short term solution are task forces specifically targeting the problem. Worked for coke, crack and hippies.

These deaths should will also be useful in the fear tactic side of education. I know why I never bothered to try heroin. It's because the people who did it were scum, my school made us aware of the grit and reality of the lives of people who used such drugs, and deaths related to it were nearly all overdoses (not something like cigarettes that you maybe have to worry about in 30 years).

We should be MUCH more concerned about the innocent faces in our elementary schools right now than the black tar addicted junkies of today. Those children still have a chance.
Amen.

Old 06-28-2016, 05:21 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
How'd that work out for them?
probably the same as it does to anyone who uses it, except these kids were able to get treatment and had the family support to recover. A couple did die of drug overdoses.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:57 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,942,709 times
3 arrested in connection with overdoses in New Haven - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Old 06-28-2016, 12:49 PM

854 posts, read 1,242,179 times
Quote:
FRANK PINA, 57, and JEROME CLAY, SR., 55, were arrested yesterday on federal criminal complaints charging each with possession with intent to distribute, and distribution of, controlled substances, and conspiracy to distribute controlled substances. STEVEN WHALEY, 48, was arrested yesterday on a federal criminal complaint charging him with possession with intent to distribute, and distribution of, controlled substances.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-ct/pr/t...pate-overdoses

Old 06-28-2016, 01:09 PM

503 posts, read 530,726 times
Quote:
FRANK PINA, 57, and JEROME CLAY, SR., 55, were arrested yesterday on federal criminal complaints charging each with possession with intent to distribute, and distribution of, controlled substances, and conspiracy to distribute controlled substances
Its reassuring to think that someone old enough to experience age discrimination in the corporate workplace could join these seniors who continue to serve an important role on the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut