Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 03:31 PM

11 posts, read 62,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post
Hahah, good for you, it sounds like you made someone else's life easier. It's hard to put a price on good information, and it can make all the difference in the world if you're moving to an unfamiliar area. I am trying to "pay it forward" on the CT board because I have received so much great information about my impending relocation to Ohio.
Where are you moving in OH. I'm moving to CT from OH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 08:30 PM

367 posts, read 781,229 times
A very well-deserved token of appreciation! Your posts are not only informative, but always kind and polite. You are a most wonderful spokesman for our great little state!

Enjoy that tv!

Old 04-07-2008, 06:56 AM

1,329 posts, read 2,631,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nani110 View Post
Where are you moving in OH. I'm moving to CT from OH.
Hi Nani,

Cincinnati will be my new home, come April 25th. I have a great new job in Norwood, so I am going out this week to find an apartment. Thanks to the folks on City-Data, I know which areas to look in.

If you have any questions about Connecticut towns in New Haven County, Middlesex County, or New London County, I'd be happy to answer them. I've got 27 years of stored up information.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:05 AM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,201,046 times
Talking Hello Skytrekker!!! GREAT NEWS!!!

WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW!!

CONGRATULATIONS "SKYTREKKER"!!!!!

"SKYTREKKER" WOOHOO!!!

You do an AMAZING job at being a MODERATOR!!! You are EXTREMELY

HELPFUL, KIND & ALWAYS POLITE!!!! And I am sure that people see your

sincerity, and they truly APPRECIATE your help!!

I know that I have really appreciated your help when I have asked

something, no matter how silly it might have seemed!

THANK YOU for EVERYTHING you do for CITY DATA!!!

Thank you for starting the PICTURE thread as well!! The Chamber of

Commerce should be thanking you as well, LOL!

You are a very nice & caring soul!! And you DESERVE that wonderful

gift, ENJOY!!! We are lucky to have you here!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! :0) :0) Thanks for your friendly advice! :0)

Take care,

Have a great day!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
One of the people I have met at city data who moved to Connecticut was so grateful for my help they gave me a 32" Shape LCD HDTV--

We as moderators do not get paid- but sometimes we do!~

Last edited by countrylv22; 04-07-2008 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU!!:0)HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!:0) CONGRATS TO "SKY"!!WOOHOO!!:0)

Old 04-07-2008, 11:32 AM

10,084 posts, read 14,463,858 times
Wow! Congrats, skytrekker. I know each time you post something, it's extremely informative and well written. I love reading your posts.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:38 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,028,636 times
Thanks to all JJ Country CT lib rep points all-when the powers may be allow.....

Old 04-07-2008, 12:39 PM

246 posts, read 873,551 times
Quote:
Thanks to all JJ Country CT lib rep points all-when the powers may be allow.....
Skytrekker

This proves that you're an asset to the boards. Enjoy that TV!

Old 04-07-2008, 02:52 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,109,064 times
Quote:
One of the people I have met at city data who moved to Connecticut was so grateful for my help they gave me a 32" Shape LCD HDTV--

We as moderators do not get paid- but sometimes we do!~
Congrats, sky!! What a beautiful and well-deserved surprise!
And ALL of us, as contributors, can give the world exactly what you've given them, sky -- more help and information and insider secrets than they ever expected to find! How many times does someone start a thread with something like "Could anyone tell me about ... " and there we are, pouring out our particular wisdom, paying it back, doing those random acts of kindness we always love to do.

GREAT WORK, SKY!
GREAT WORK, ALL CD HELPERS!
ISN'T THIS FORUM FABULOUS?!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 04:57 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,028,636 times
Again all members------Thanks, we have a good forum- I hope myself and everyone can only get better.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:25 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,584,535 times
Congrats Skytrekker - You had it coming

You're extremely helpful and go out of your way to do so (not taking away the many on the CT forum that also do the same).

Gordon Gekko (Wallstreet) - "The most valuable commodity I know of is information."

And this valuable commodity was given and really appreciated by someone who was very giving back to you.

Maybe with your new HDTV you'll watch the local news reporting you as the "relocation help to CT ambassador" and maybe an invitation by Gov. Rell

City-Data is fortunate to have a moderator like you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut