Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2019, 12:17 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,057 times

Advertisements

I recently moved in with my girlfriend, and finally finished getting settled in, as well as updating my address with the post office, and general information with everyone. (Bank, credit card provider, subscription services, etc.) The last pieces were to update my address for my driver's license, vehicle registration, and for the State for state tax purposes. I obtained the appropriate documents from their websites, followed their instructions and made sure I had everything that was required, and mailed them to each address, respectfully. It's been two weeks now, and I have not yet received the sticker to put on my license, nor my new registration papers from the DMV. And shouldn't I also receive some type of confirmation paper from the state, as well as the IRS, that my documents were received and my info has been updated?

I don't want to prolong this anymore, and I am starting to get nervous. I haven't gotten any "return to sender" mail from them, so I think it's safe to assume they got there. Can anyone offer some insight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 12:57 PM

487 posts, read 536,988 times
Are you sure you read the instructions?

https://portal.ct.gov/DMV/Change-of-...nge-of-Address

Not sure what relevance the IRS has.

I filled out and submitted the same form in July. Approx. a month plus later I received a voter registration letter from my new town so I know that DMV processed my form. Other than that there is no confirmation to be received.

Old 09-18-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davwve View Post
Are you sure you read the instructions?

https://portal.ct.gov/DMV/Change-of-...nge-of-Address

Not sure what relevance the IRS has.

I filled out and submitted the same form in July. Approx. a month plus later I received a voter registration letter from my new town so I know that DMV processed my form. Other than that there is no confirmation to be received.

Yup, that's the link I used, as well as writing the address out the same way. No real relevance to the IRS; was just stating I mailed the required paperwork to everyone as I should. My girlfriend lives in the same town as me, but I did receive a letter from them acknowledging my voter registration, and the building I now go to vote to. So I won't get the label in the mail? I have to go to the police station?

Old 09-18-2019, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
So I won't get the label in the mail? I have to go to the police station?
Correct.

I also thought it was a bit odd that there was no easy way to confirm that the request was processed with DMV. But, guess we shouldn't expect to much from an agency that's technology inept.

Old 09-18-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Correct.

I also thought it was a bit odd that there was no easy way to confirm that the request was processed with DMV. But, guess we shouldn't expect to much from an agency that's technology inept.

Phew, that's a relief!! Thank you for clearing that up. I will go there on my way home. Yeah, I should've figured I'd get no confirmation, seeing as the DMV barely does anything right.

So what about my paperwork for state income tax? I sent in the change of address to the CT Dept of Revenue and did not get any type of confirmation either.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:17 PM

712 posts, read 542,637 times
Quote:
Phew, that's a relief!! Thank you for clearing that up. I will go there on my way home. Yeah, I should've figured I'd get no confirmation, seeing as the DMV barely does anything right.

So what about my paperwork for state income tax? I sent in the change of address to the CT Dept of Revenue and did not get any type of confirmation either.
DMV seems OK for me. I just applied for my stolen CT driver license two weeks ago, and I already got my replacement card on mail.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Assuming you sent in the 8822 form to Dept. of Revenue Services? I didn't do that and honestly didn't see a need. But, I just logged into the DRS website and it lists my new address - assuming they must have received and processed the info from DMV.

https://drsindtax.ct.gov/AUT/welcomeindividual.aspx

Old 09-19-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Assuming you sent in the 8822 form to Dept. of Revenue Services? I didn't do that and honestly didn't see a need. But, I just logged into the DRS website and it lists my new address - assuming they must have received and processed the info from DMV.

https://drsindtax.ct.gov/AUT/welcomeindividual.aspx

Thank you! Also, got my change of address label from the police department from my town. Just clicked this link and set my profile up, and confirmed they have updated my address. Appreciate your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut