Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM

1 posts, read 5 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am going to move to CT to work in Southington. Does anyone have information about the Indian community in the area or nearby area? Are there any Hindu temples? Indian grocery stores? Indian restaurants? and good school for 5th Grade?
I would be grateful for any input. I am trying to decide where to live.

Thanks
Shiven
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:20 AM

34,943 posts, read 56,970,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivenshukla View Post
Hi, I am going to move to CT to work in Southington. Does anyone have information about the Indian community in the area or nearby area? Are there any Hindu temples? Indian grocery stores? Indian restaurants? and good school for 5th Grade?
I would be grateful for any input. I am trying to decide where to live.

Thanks
Shiven
What is your budget and what do you expect for it? How far are you willing to drive to get to work? Do you want the best schools or are just good schools good enough?This will help us to help you find a place.

That said I always recommend you live as close to your job as possible. Why drive far every day when you only go to a store once a week? Southington is a nice town with good but not great schools. There are a lot of nice neighborhoods and apartments there so you shouldn’t have a problem finding a place to live.

If you want the best schools though I’d recommend Farmington or West Hartford. Farmington is less dense and more suburban while West Hartford is more dense and urban. It is also more diverse and likely has the stores and people you seek. Unfortunately taxes are higher in West Hartford though. Hope this helps.

Old Today, 08:24 AM

367 posts, read 780,875 times
I live in Southington and feel that it is a great place to live. The schools are good, we have been very pleased with the education our boys have gotten. Jay is correct West Hartford ranks highest for schools in CT, or at least in the metro Hartford area. Southington has one Indian grocery store - India Bazaar on Queen Street. The store has a sister restaurant, Namaste. Nearby Newington has one of the largest Indian populations in the Hartford area. Newington does have two Hindu temples.

Here is a link for a website with all things Indian in CT:

https://www.ctdesi.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut