Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2016, 11:50 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times

Advertisements

So for Christmas, I asked for some bluetooth headphones. I have some at work. They are decent, but I wanted something a bit more convenient for my commute.

I had a pretty short list of needs: over the ear or on ear (my ears do not fit earbuds, they give me headaches.). A carrying case as I will throw them in my bag. Not too huge to fit in a medium purse. A cable for backup with a remote in case my battery dies.

The gifter wanted to get me "nice" headphones. I ended up with the Bose over the ear bluetooth ones. They were super comfortable, sounded decent, and met the requirements. But after a little bit of using them I realized they didn't stay on my head well.

I didin't want to get the Beats because I thought they were super expensive, sound wasn't great. I did like all the fun colors.

I listened to them, and they didn't sound as bass heavy as I remembered, they were comfy. Basically over the ear on my small ears. The case was pretty nice.

But the part I didn't realize I would like so much, and totally explained to me why Apple bought them, was the user experience. The buttons are totally sleek, intuitive and practical. 8x better than the Bose and my Skullcandy Hesh headphones for work. The single button is a lot like the first iPod. It does everything in an easy way with no learning curve. The Bose buttons were small and hard to tell apart. The cheaper Skullcandy's only have volume, no way to skip tracks. And they are hard to find. The charging port is a pain, and it is hidden at the top of the ear cup.

Who knew, but I really like my Beats. Mostly because of the buttons. I feel like I bought into the hype and the label, but I am willing to bay more for ease of use and Beats delivers. And that is totally why Apple bought them, they took their design ethos and put it into headphones.

They are about $100 off at Walmart right now too if you were thinking about it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics