Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2016, 04:56 PM

2 posts, read 2,443 times

Advertisements

I have external speakers set to an old Bose Lifestyle III series 2 music system which works fine except when I want to watch an app like HBO or Netflix or etc. The sound will continue of what's on the "regular" station through the Smart TV speakers but nothing from the selected app through the Bose speakers. Note: I can watch the apps with the TV sound but not the Bose speakers.
Here's the set up. Samsung Smart TV un48h6350afxza, Bose Lifestyle III series 2 music system ,ATT Uverse ISB7500 BOX.
CONNECTIONS: Optical from TV to Box, HDMI TV to box, RCA audio out from box to Bose speaker in, Bose speaker out to speakers.
Please advise.
More about : external speakers smart apps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 08:09 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,684,215 times
I think you asked the same question the other day. Anyway, I couldn't figure it out other than you've got something hooked up wrong. Let's say you disconnect the speakers altogether and listen to the TV. At that point, can you hear the sound from the apps like Netflix? The external speaker should just be connected to the audio out of the TV. So, anything you listen to on the TV should be coming out of the speakers.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:16 PM

4,451 posts, read 6,801,295 times
You Bose is not connected to your TV so your smart TV apps will not be played on the BOSE speakers. Box RCA out to Bose means you will always hear uverse TV channels. The optical on the Box is an out not an in.

Take the Audio out from the TV and connect to the Bose instead of BOX to Bose. It appears to be a 3.5MM, so if your Bose doesn't have a 3.5mm in , you'll need a 3.5mm to stereo rca. 3.5mm male to Red and white rca female or 3.5 male to rca male of the appropriate length.

The is probably a menu item in your TV for the audio out to be Fixed or variable. Fixed means you'll have to control the sound with the bose remote, variable means you will use the TV volume remote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics