Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2016, 11:43 AM

225 posts, read 216,827 times

Advertisements

Have two remote control cars.

Fast Lane Tornado Force

Fast Lane RC Stunt Series- 27 MHz Tornado Force | ToysRUs

And a Thunder Tumbler

http://www.amazon.com/Thunder-Tumble.../dp/B00NT73FG2

And each remote controls the other. Both running off 27Mgz.

I tried changing the Tornado Force (current gift for child 1) as it has adjustable transformer, but the remote still controlled the Thunder (child 2's item for months). Then I smelled smoke from its car circuit board, and eventually the left controls stopped working all together. Getting it swapped. The Thunder has written on the circuit board of the remote "27" and "forty something" but no clear way to change it unless have to change soldering points. So I yet opened the Thunder's car chassis.

Both children people things like their cars, so can not say, "sorry, but you can not race together." There has got to be a fix to this.

Anyone have experience in this? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 12:08 PM

4,453 posts, read 6,799,364 times
from the amazon website
"It's a fun toy at a good price. We wanted to be able to race them though.
They come in red, blue, & black. I had bought a red one and a blue one, since there wasn't any mention of different MHz in the description I thought there would just be a switch to flip. Did not work that way. The BLACK one is the only one on a different frequency. (Red & Blue are both 27 MHz, Black is 49 MHz)

Old 06-17-2016, 10:30 PM

225 posts, read 216,827 times
Yes, I learned that after the fact, but the child not going to give up like that because of the attachment to the current car. I need to change what I currently have, without blowing another board.
Thanks for trying though but if that was the case, sure, but as the title says, trying to change the frequencies (if possible) without anymore damage.

Old 06-18-2016, 06:11 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
You'll have to buy two cars and trade out the plastic car covers (there are multiple wires running to the board, so it's not a easy DIY).

Old 07-27-2018, 01:56 AM

1 posts, read 4,385 times
Ummm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics