Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2017, 12:08 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,558,895 times

Advertisements

I've got a really great son who is turning 9 in a few weeks. He's an awesome big brother to his autistic little sister, does great at school, and is just a nice person who cares. He makes his mom and I VERY proud.

I really want to get him something big this year for his birthday. One of his friends has one of those electronic hoover boards that he really likes, but they scare his mom and I as the wheels seem to be so small. So we noticed that Segway has a version that is a bit more grown up that might be a little safer for him. It's called the Mini Pro. You basically control it with your knees instead of your feet.

Does anyone know anything about these Segway Mini Pro scooter/hoover gadgets? They look substantial and not toy-like, but also not overly huge to the point where a kid couldn't use and enjoy it (there are youtube videos of kids riding them).

It's a big gift, I know. But, he really is a great kid, and how he helps with his little sister, really makes his dad proud of the kind of little man that he is becoming. We really want to reward him big this year with something really really really cool!

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 05:52 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,018,615 times
"hoover board"? lol, is he going to vacuum clean the house with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics