Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 10:18 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,018,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I don't have that box. I have the newly released Spectrum 201-T (I think that's the model #). I haven't experienced that issue yet, of course I've only had the box for about a week or two. So far, it's an OK box.
Is that the very newest one they call "The World Box"?

In my area, the dvr's they use are well over 10-12 years old, with that level of technology to boot. I switched to a Tivo, and that's like a starship compared to a Buck Rogers firecracker rocket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 07:01 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,471,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
Is that the very newest one they call "The World Box"?

In my area, the dvr's they use are well over 10-12 years old, with that level of technology to boot. I switched to a Tivo, and that's like a starship compared to a Buck Rogers firecracker rocket.
I think they consider this one the "world box", but I can't necessarily confirm that. It is most definitely not the best DVR/cable box I have ever had. Seems kind of cheap to be honest, but it has the updated guide on it.

Old 03-30-2018, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 647 times
THANK GOD! I thought I was crazy with this one. Someone has a similar issue to mine. Here is what is happening:

I have an LG TV and an LG sound bar hooked to it. I have the Sound bar hooked via the hdmi arc connection. The sound comes out loud and crisp for the game system and the Blu-Ray player but there is an issue with the DVR. Occasionally the volume will be lowered when I turn on the DVR and what booms at say, 60 on the other devices comes across at what would usually be a 20 through the DVR. At first it came back to normal after a reboot but that stopped. The DVR is connected to the back of the television through the HDMI port. The DVR is controlled with the spectrum stock remote which also is set up to control my soundbar, tv, blu-ray. I tried all 3 hdmi inputs on the tv and different HDMI cords. When the TV volume drops if I switch over to the Nintendo the volume acts normal on there.
I have tried it on numerous TVs, with and without numerous soundbars, various cable, menu setups in devices, etc. I have had Spectrum here and LG since my main TV is under warranty as well. I currently have a 9865HDC DVR but had the issue with an Arris model. I was on the Spectrum forums and a couple of people mentioned a software update performed last week was causing issue with some DVRs and surround sound issues.

Supposedly my signal is fine coming from the box but I had 4 appointments over the last month due to bad signal. They finally had to address something with numerous taps in my neighborhood as my signal was horrible. Which is funny since people have been here numerous times over the years and everyone says the signal is fine when they leave.

I am in touch with the regional TQA (I think that is Technical Quality Assurance) head for Spectrum and he said there is no issue like that he knows of. I don't know what else to do. Besides the TWC forums this is the closest I have found to others having this issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics