Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 08:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatJeff View Post
Hi Everyone...We will also be retiring in about 3 yrs..We have been looking at the Coves also and saw a nice lot on Sawmill..We live in the Chicago area and my question to all of you is...would it be wise to buy sight unseen..My realtor I think would be willing to take a 360 degree video to send me..Just really hard to make the drive with my dogs..also I have read water is being brought in..Do you pay for this?? will it be installed when we are ready to make the move in 3 yrs?? I was hesitant about this place as I thought young people would be buying here but I see all the retirees....one last thing...whats this I read about a sand quarry and blasting and members weren't notified..??? is it near...is it noisy?? also what are the dues for 2013??
Thankyou Pat/Jeff
My wife and I also live in the Chicago area, we purchased a home in the cove in 2012 and plan to move there in 2015. You really need to get down there to see the lots and get a feel for the area of the lot. We went down several times looking at homes and lots. I too will need to hook up to the water as my home is still on a well. Does anyone know about how much it cost to run the lines from the street to the house and hook up to the home water system? I'm guessing its per foot of waterline?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 11:38 AM

24,767 posts, read 28,510,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqk56 View Post
My wife and I also live in the Chicago area, we purchased a home in the cove in 2012 and plan to move there in 2015. You really need to get down there to see the lots and get a feel for the area of the lot. We went down several times looking at homes and lots. I too will need to hook up to the water as my home is still on a well. Does anyone know about how much it cost to run the lines from the street to the house and hook up to the home water system? I'm guessing its per foot of waterline?
Depends if you in Putman County or Cumberland County. Contact the water district for each depending on your location.

https://plus.google.com/110582086549...ut?gl=us&hl=en << Putnam County

http://www.cumberlandutility.com/ <<< Cumberland County

Old 01-13-2014, 09:32 PM

1,323 posts, read 4,699,470 times
Quote:
Hi cqk56,

The information you are looking for regarding water hook ups can be found at the link below. When this page comes up, look for "Water Hookup Info Requested by Residents."

Cumberland Cove Property Owners Association - FYI

Old 01-21-2014, 10:26 PM

2 posts, read 3,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jguillot View Post
Hi cqk56,

The information you are looking for regarding water hook ups can be found at the link below. When this page comes up, look for "Water Hookup Info Requested by Residents."

Cumberland Cove Property Owners Association - FYI
Thanks, I did see that. I was just wondering if anyone had run the lines from the street to the house and about what it will cost.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Thanks, I did see that. I was just wondering if anyone had run the lines from the street to the house and about what it will cost.
The cost will be partially dependent upon the distance from the street to your house. You might try contacting some of the people who have provided e-mail addresses on the Cumberland Cove POA website. I'm sure that the majority of them have now transitioned from well water to city water. If you find out what the average cost might be, please share that information.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:12 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,067,837 times
Default Weather History for KTNMONTE4

Cumberland Cove this morning.....

07:29am.....-2.0 °F

Old 01-22-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Cumberland Cove this morning.....

07:29am.....-2.0 °F
Something to look forward to!

Old 01-22-2014, 09:11 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,067,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jguillot View Post
Something to look forward to!
LOL....Monday went for a hike and it was up to 52*.....

Old 05-12-2014, 08:42 PM

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I visited Tennessee and Cumberland Cove last week. We had not seen our lot in Cumberland Cove for more than 5 years. We had a very enjoyable trip. We visited our future neighbors that we had met on a previous trip to Tennessee and had a very enjoyable dinner with them. We were also able to meet our future neighbors who built a new home on the lot next to ours and found them to be very nice people. While in the area, we met with 3 different home building contractors at our lot so that they could provide feedback on the positioning of our retirement home. We provided them with our selected home plan and talked about the amenities we want in the home. All 3 contractors provided us with helpful information, took us to see homes they had built, and all agreed to provide us with a rough estimate of the cost to build our home. We are now anxiously awaiting the estimates.

We spent a lot of time on our lot in Cumberland Cove while we were in the area. I found it to be very beautiful and peaceful there. I did not want to leave. After spending the last 35 years in California, I'm definitely ready for a change. I'm becoming more and more anxious. Unfortunately, I'm not sure of our retirement date which will allow us to make this move, but it could be as early as fall of 2015. The date will depend upon several factors. I'll just have to be patient a while longer.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:10 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,031,845 times
Glad to hear all is well with your lot. I bought my home, already built when I visited a few months ago. I am going back in 2 weeks to visit and start some of the repairs. I will eventually have to put on a room addition, but will wait until closer to when I am moving there full time.

One thing you may want to think about is the home owners insurance. IF you are not living there and not moving there within 12 months the insurance cost is a LOT higher--from about $600 to a minimum of $900 in my case--and that is using the same insurer I have in CA for my home and cars. Many would not even quote a vacation home without insuring the primary home. And most estimates were around $1800 a year. And that insurance is only for the home, nothing on the contents. That apparently is a different policy/ad on in TN.

Do you mind pming your thought about specific contractors? I still have to find someone for the room addition.

I have 3 more years and 5 days until I can retire, but might be able to take early retirement, if offered for my position.

CA I can not wait to leave you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville