Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 12:02 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,618,997 times

Advertisements

COOKEVILLE — Cookevillians are about to be introduced to the concept of West coast Mexican food as construction nears completion on Blue Coast Burrito on Jefferson Avenue.

Another restaurant currently under construction, Long John Silver's, is also nearing completion. Managers are expecting to re-open that location Dec. 1.

Herald Citizen - Construction wrapping up on two Jefferson Avenue restaurants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 05:57 AM

13,356 posts, read 39,983,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
COOKEVILLE — Cookevillians are about to be introduced to the concept of West coast Mexican food as construction nears completion on Blue Coast Burrito on Jefferson Avenue.

Another restaurant currently under construction, Long John Silver's, is also nearing completion. Managers are expecting to re-open that location Dec. 1.

Herald Citizen - Construction wrapping up on two Jefferson Avenue restaurants
There's also a new Japanese steakhouse going up on Jefferson in front of the old Red Kap building which is now the new UCHRA center. And I think there's also a Mexican restaurant built built there, too, if I remember correctly.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 11-23-2010, 04:29 PM

231 posts, read 586,095 times
Just got back from Cookeville. Tried Blue Coast on Saturday night... excellent Salsa, but could have used a little more chicken. Very similar to a Moe's for those of you who aren't familiar with Blue Coast.

They were extremely busy. I had lunch yesterday with the owner (working on a different business deal) and he said that for the first 4 days, they are on pace for a record opening week for the franchise. One thing I noticed, Cookevillians love to eat out!

Old 11-23-2010, 07:04 PM

196 posts, read 640,821 times
I tried Blue Coast three times to try and be fair and I honestly feel the food is subpar and lacks flavor.

However, the workers are very friendly as is the owner.

I am waiting in anticipation for the new Japanese Steakhouse.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:16 PM

421 posts, read 1,691,865 times
Went to Cookeville's Blue Coast the other day & I loved it!
I've been to Moe's in Daytona Beach & I swear this was better.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:40 PM

196 posts, read 640,821 times
I have travelled all over and honestly their burrito's are some of the worst I have ever eaten.

Keep in mind this comes from an individual that has eaten at many different hispanic places ( among many other ethnic places) all over the USA, Mexico and has a Hispanic wife.

What I have found is that we think something is good because of lack of experience in the food world. Then when we gain more experience we look back and think "how did I ever think that was good".

However, as I stated before, the owners and the staff are very friendly and they are also at the mercy of the chain itself.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:54 PM

262 posts, read 523,867 times
The wife and I finally had a chance to try Blue Coast Burritos recently. We visited at noontime and they were moderately busy. Menu took just a little bit to decipher and then we ordered. Service was good but it was hard to hear the questions asked by the server since the overall noise level in the establishment is rather high. I think this is due to the ceiling design and is probably by design to give a pub atmosphere (they do serve beer).
We liked the food. Chips and salsa bar were excellent. Only down side was price. It was typical upscale fast food pricing.
Overall, I would grade it 4 stars out of 5.
We will try it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville