Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 12:30 PM

4 posts, read 17,905 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me anything regarding about that development Hawks Bluff, They advertise on tv mainly to Floridians. I wanted to know if anyone has any info regarding prices. I have haeard that certain sections have no sewer or city water and that the well water is hard to come by. Also that the building restrictions are about 1200 square feet can any body give me any mor info regarding this subject. They had a Forum but it was closed or locked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 02:34 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Your best bet would be to contact the developers directly. You may be able to obtain some information by searching the previous threads on here. However, it is probably best to get the info from "the horse's mouth". Good Luck.

Old 07-22-2007, 06:13 PM

18 posts, read 61,592 times
Hawk's Bluff is around Spencer, TN. Need to come up to TN and look at Bledsoe, Sequatchie and Marion County property. Dunlap, TN is in Sequatchie County and is about 35 miles from Chattanooga.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:23 PM

240 posts, read 1,155,524 times
I built a house in phase 1 and there is no sewer or water. You have to build wells and septic. I think in phase 5 they have water, not sure about sewer.
Has everything else, underground electric,phones,DSL no cable. Yes you have build no smaller then 1200 sf, not hard to do, have to tell you. PM me if you need any futher, I live in FLA, but my wife and I bought 4 years ago and built a log home just the past few months

Old 07-23-2007, 08:36 PM

4 posts, read 17,905 times
Thanks for the information, by researching the past couple days I have been told by some people that they love Hawks Bluff and then some other people have told me that not enough police that there has been a crime problem specially with homes built and no one living in them. I was also told that to dig well must be very deep and a few sections water has been hard to come by. If any one actually live there please if you have a chance verify or let me know the pros and cons. I already spoke to a salesman at Haks Bluff and unfortunately like most commmissioned agents the place sounds to good to be true. I guess a Realtor in the area might be able to point out the best spot. Please if you have any more info regarding Hawks Bluff write back before I go ahead with a purchase. Thanks any comments are greatly appreciated.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:37 PM

98 posts, read 390,902 times
How many after they visited Hawks Bluff have checked on the other developments in the same area? For instance a few miles from Hawks Bluff is Overton Retreat and it has underground utilities, water, electric service, telephone and highspeed internet. 1.5 to 4 acre tracks, some with sunrise bluff and some with sunset bluff lots and they have a pavilion, lake and park.
Also what about Indian Trail estates?

Old 08-15-2007, 11:26 PM

375 posts, read 1,096,539 times
Open suggestion to those with wells in the Van Buren part of Hawk's Bluff - get a complete water analysis that includes heavy metals, not just the standard bacteria screen they usually do for a new well. I don't know if your water is good or bad. But I do know that you're in a part of the county with a number of abandoned strip pits left over from last century's coal mining and are also at the edge of an old artillery range.

Former Spencer Artillery Range - Main

WWII era, small arms and aerial bombardment. The Corps of Engineers is currently pondering yet another cleanup to look for live ammo. Loggers found a live 300lb shell four, maybe five years ago. Instead of calling the army they moved it, placed it artistically amid a group of pumpkins in front of a convenience store. That's how we roll here. Someone did eventually call the army, they brought in some containment and detonated it on site, no injuries.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:15 PM

2 posts, read 8,899 times
My husband & I visited HB/Bledsoe 10/06 and purchased a creek lot near the Town Center. We fell in love with the entire package instantly. Never spoke to Paul, but our rep was awesome, she was very informative & for sure no pressure...We are a young couple and plan to move in about five years when my 2nd daughter finishes highschool. In the meantime I would love to hear from anyone with updates. I think mostly what I have read today was about the first phases of HB and not Bledsoe but I'm not sure. I can tell you when I visited we drove down the mountain and 10-15 min a 25 bed medical center, schools but the alternate route took us to Falls Creek Park or other towns 15-20 min each direction. It's worth it...I am in the medical field & my husband is a plumber. I'm pretty sure both of us will find jobs. We are looking for a new pace, excited about getting our hands dirty building our home & just relax and enjoy family and life. Can't do that in Kendall/Miami. For example, here we go again eyes glued to hurricane Dean updates... Can't wait to hear from the forum...for now I keep looking at the pics posted by my sales rep at HB and writing the names of my neighbors on my site blueprint. My kids think I'm crazy, me I love it!

Old 08-24-2007, 05:05 AM

240 posts, read 1,155,524 times
Just came back from the place. Loved it. Just completed my house in Phase 1 and can't get my wife to come home to fla. We will be moving up there soon,I hope. If you need any help or looking to go up there for a week or couple of days send me a PM and I can give you places to check out. Good luck on your investment

Old 09-06-2007, 07:09 PM

25 posts, read 82,166 times
Investment? is real estate a good investment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville