Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2016, 04:23 PM

303 posts, read 295,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Right. So I guess these townhouses will be next to Bread Box. With all the other apartment and townhouse developments that have sprung up on 10th Street all the way into Algood, it's looking more and more that 10th really needs to be widened to 5 lanes to accommodate all the extra traffic.
I live right off 10th, and I don't see how they could widen that much without having to demolish most of the structures the whole stretch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 05:41 PM

667 posts, read 763,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justindb29 View Post
I live right off 10th, and I don't see how they could widen that much without having to demolish most of the structures the whole stretch.
That's the way it usually work's.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:04 PM

13,355 posts, read 39,968,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justindb29 View Post
I agree. 10th is one of my favorite streets in Cookeville because much of it is tree-lined. I'd hate to see it become just another Jefferson Avenue but on the other hand the traffic is starting to get crazy. Supposedly, the long-term plan is build a highway north of town from Hwy 111 at the big curve by Algood to connect with the new Bennett Road extension under construction west of town. I'm attaching a map. The red line is the Bennett Road extension, and the blue line is the northern route.

I've heard city leaders say that, hopefully, the northern highway will help relieve some traffic congestion on 10th Street. While I generally agree that the northern highway is needed, I don't think it'll relieve as much traffic on 10th as they hope, particularly since that northern highway is many, many years away.
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeville developments and rumors-northern-highway.png  

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 02-23-2016, 09:13 PM

74 posts, read 85,092 times
I live in Gainesboro and work in Dodson Branch. While I'd love the fact that the northern route would get me to Algood faster, I hate to think about all of the unmolested farm land that Northern route would destroy, both directly and indirectly.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:26 AM

A route like that won't relieve much of anything since most of that traffic is going to Tech, the HS, the square, etc. I would love to see less traffic but not at the expense of tearing everything down.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:26 PM

320 posts, read 541,190 times
Agreed. I know the map is just an estimate of the proposed road, but I don't feel like it would relieve much traffic at all in that location.

On a different note, I've been waiting patiently for months to see exactly what is going in the 3 start building that had been constructed near the hospital on Willow. Looks like they're finally nearly finished with construction. Does anyone know what this is? Just curious.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:04 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,609,102 times
I don't know what is going into the three-story building on Willow; probably a medical practice or something in the realm of healthcare.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:11 PM

13,355 posts, read 39,968,931 times
I noticed there's a sign for RTC Construction next to the Burger King on Jefferson Ave., between Burger King and Baskin-Robbins. I never noticed the sign before. Does anyone know if this means something is about to be built there? RTC is the same contractor who built Bojangles. They also do work for Hardee's, Krispy Kreme, Taco Bell, Dairy Queen, and others.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 03-06-2016, 09:26 AM

Out of that list, only KK sounds reasonable. Stiff competition in town though. I know I wouldn't be hitting it up. I hate getting in and out of BK/Baskin Robbins though.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:14 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,609,102 times
I see RTC has built a Carolina Ale House or two...forget what I said earlier...would trade Anchor Down, Rib City, MM and whatever other chain for a CAH. CAH, no politics intended, trumps all others. Grilled smoked turkey and gouda sandwich is tops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville