Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2017, 09:43 PM

5,988 posts, read 3,731,946 times

Advertisements

Cumberland Medical Center has garnered accolades for safety, patient satisfaction and medical outcomes from national organizations....

CMC earned a 93.9 on the iVantage Hospital Strength INDEX, which means the medical center is among the top ten percent of rural hospitals in the nation.
The INDEX measures quality, medical outcomes, patient perspective, financial stability, costs and charges and inpatient/outpatient rankings.

Those interested in reading the complete article can click on the "Crossville Chronicle" link. I was favorably impressed by the rating/review of CMC in Crossville.

Crossville-Chronicle

Last edited by JMT; 06-03-2017 at 07:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 09:09 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,033,973 times
When I took , son to the emergency room, they were excellent. He cut the tip/end of his thumb off. I was hard to get the bleeding to stop because of the way it was cut so they had to use a clotting pad on it.

I drove a neighbor there with a sprained ankle and they were good with her too.

Old 06-04-2017, 11:18 AM

121 posts, read 162,244 times
I have had two experiences with CMC in the past year including spending 2 nights there that included surgery. Both experiences were very good. I was impressed with their services both time. My grandson was born there also and needed to be transferred to East Tennessee Childrens Hospital in Knoxville. That situation also was handled very well by both hospitals. CMC has come a long way since merging with Covenant Health Care. It was their best option given the current health care situation. Smaller rural hospitals all over the state are closing. This merger has created a better hospital for the community. I was glad to see their latest rating of "A". First time ever for this hospital.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:48 PM

78 posts, read 180,839 times
Default Still a ways to go

If you use EMS and are having Heart related problems the EMS personnel will ask if you wish transport to Cookeville Regional or Crossville.

If you are having possible stroke related trauma they will ask if you wish to transported to Chattanooga or Crossville.

CMC is not qualified, nor recommended for the above related items. This was related to me by several local and regional Doctors.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:33 PM

121 posts, read 162,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon313 View Post
If you use EMS and are having Heart related problems the EMS personnel will ask if you wish transport to Cookeville Regional or Crossville.

If you are having possible stroke related trauma they will ask if you wish to transported to Chattanooga or Crossville.

CMC is not qualified, nor recommended for the above related items. This was related to me by several local and regional Doctors.
CMC does indeed have certain limitations due to it being a smaller facility. Yes, at times you do need to go to other hospitals.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:03 AM

70 posts, read 79,633 times
Good to hear. So far I haven't been impressed with health care providers in the Crossville area. Other than the local VA clinic in Cookeville, they've been sub par or worse. I will say , outside of one little issue, the VA clinic is way better than others I've been to in other states.

Last edited by JMT; 07-23-2018 at 08:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville