Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 03:24 PM

230 posts, read 189,387 times

Advertisements

Go to the St George marina and rent a pontoon, kayak or paddle boat. Catch all kinds of fish right from the shore or dock. There are pools at Druid Hills for families and adults only at Dorchester. Go horse back riding at the stables. Play tennis or pickleball at the Raquet Center. Have a nice lunch or dinner on the balcony at Stonehenge Golf Course. Your stay at the Wyndham should include an Activity Card that gives you access to all of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2020, 11:01 PM

111 posts, read 136,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnmo View Post
We are here a FG (Wyhdham timeshare) for a few days and I'll just say it is really remote - unless you are a golfer, there is nothing to do around here. Maybe it's due to COVID but we've been here a few days and really all we've found to do is walk around the resort. We will do some hiking later but will have to drive to those areas. It's very beautiful here - it's just really boring for us here at the resort (and the surrounding areas).
Coronavirus has really put a dampener on events/activities around here which is to be expected. However, I would suggest checking out he Hip Cookeville facebook group for announcements/discussion about fun stuff to do locally as well. If you're still finding that you can't find things to do in the Cookeville area you'll probably want to step up to the next size of towns like Murfreesboro, Mt. Juliet, or Chattanooga (All are also great). Good luck to you hope you have a good time.

Last edited by yellowcat123; 08-31-2020 at 11:11 PM..

Old 09-01-2020, 07:41 AM

404 posts, read 380,713 times
Thanks! We took a drive to Knoxville yesterday, which was nice. One more day here and we are just relaxing today. It's nice here for a vacation but probably wouldn't suit us for a retirement location, but that's OK! That's what we came here to figure out. Would be lovely for those who golf and enjoy water sports.

Old 09-01-2020, 08:03 AM

445 posts, read 1,682,772 times
Default Nothing to do?

We have 12 trails right around ffg
We have a bowling alley in town.
We have beautiful wineries, highland manor and delmonico.
The art Guild is a nice place to look at and the trail behind it is fun to walk.
There is miniature golf there.

Rent a pontoon or paddle boat or kayak
Swim in the lake or pool

We have a drum circle at 6 pm every Tuesday night at the four way stop.
Go to Social Brew and have a beer or two.
Go to Christy’s and have a delicious shake.

Not sure if you know about GrinderHouse. Great place for coffee and tea and food.
Go to the Black Mountain Overlook. It is beautiful.

Old 09-04-2020, 05:24 PM

4 posts, read 5,456 times
Thank you

Old 09-04-2020, 05:26 PM

4 posts, read 5,456 times
If anyone hears of a 1 acre lot that’s flat enough for a crawl space and usable enough for my labs to run a bit please message me. We’re flying up in 4 days to try and find it ourselves.

Old 03-29-2022, 09:55 AM

3 posts, read 2,872 times
Default Fairfield Glade: Life & Restrictions?

Hey all!

My husband is retiring TOMORROW (I still can't quite wrap my brain around it) and we are looking to move to a more retirement friendly area. FFG has been recommended.

My husband hates golf, but we enjoy biking, hiking, fishing, kayaking, and travel. He also enjoys tinkering in the garage (he's very creative) and would be miserable if that were not possible. So I am curious about the HOA restrictions there. For example, do cars need to be garaged at all times? Could he use a skilsaw, drill, power tools etc., in the garage without causing an HOA meltdown? Is it possible to add on a small shop to our property and if so how many hoops would that be to jump through? Can I have a small raised garden bed for fresh veggies? can we have a fence for our dogs, can we HAVE dogs? If we have visitors where are they allowed to park?

We also have an RV. Where does one store said RV and how much does that cost each month? Can one bring their RV to the house to load and unload or does one have to do that at the storage facility?

I actually wrote a much longer post than this but for some odd reason only the first line posted, so I have pared this down a lot in the rewriting. Basically, we are concerned with the lifestyle there and if it would be too restrictive for us. I would love some thoughts on it from people who live or have lived at FFG. We have never been under the thumb of an HOA, we have only heard horror stories, so I am coming into this inexperienced and with a bias not my own.

Last edited by LissaSue2; 03-29-2022 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: my full message did not post

Old 03-29-2022, 12:39 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LissaSue2 View Post
Hey all!

My husband is retiring TOMORROW (I still can't quite wrap my brain around it) and we are looking to move to a more retirement friendly area. FFG has been recommended.

My husband hates golf, but we enjoy biking, hiking, fishing, kayaking, and travel. He also enjoys tinkering in the garage (he's very creative) and would be miserable if that were not possible. So I am curious about the HOA restrictions there. For example, do cars need to be garaged at all times? Could he use a skilsaw, drill, power tools etc., in the garage without causing an HOA meltdown? Is it possible to add on a small shop to our property and if so how many hoops would that be to jump through? Can I have a small raised garden bed for fresh veggies? can we have a fence for our dogs, can we HAVE dogs? If we have visitors where are they allowed to park?

We also have an RV. Where does one store said RV and how much does that cost each month? Can one bring their RV to the house to load and unload or does one have to do that at the storage facility?

I actually wrote a much longer post than this but for some odd reason only the first line posted, so I have pared this down a lot in the rewriting. Basically, we are concerned with the lifestyle there and if it would be too restrictive for us. I would love some thoughts on it from people who live or have lived at FFG. We have never been under the thumb of an HOA, we have only heard horror stories, so I am coming into this inexperienced and with a bias not my own.
I dont know the answers but here is this.

https://www.fairfieldglade.cc/docume...f17f6d152209ff

Old 03-29-2022, 05:25 PM

3 posts, read 2,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I dont know the answers but here is this.

https://www.fairfieldglade.cc/docume...f17f6d152209ff
That was helpful, thank you!

Old 03-31-2022, 07:28 PM

5,971 posts, read 3,715,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LissaSue2 View Post
Hey all!

I don't think that Fairfield Glade is what you're looking for. Way too many restrictions for what you have in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville