Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 09:34 PM

6 posts, read 24,163 times

Advertisements

A must take trip they bill you $99 but they give you $200 in Visa gift cards just for going you dont have to buy you cant lose in my opinion, I have done this trip 2x with them in Wilder Mountain and Sequatchie Pointe and would not hesitate to do it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafinfl View Post
Hoping for a little more information about Sequatchie Point. Have been searching the web for some info regarding the homesites, etc. We had an supplemental ad in newspaper today offering 2 acres for $39,000. with and offer to visit 3days/2nights Hotel Say with a tour of the property for $99.00. Reimbursed travel and breakfast, etc. It looks very nice but I am unable to find anything else about it or who is selling it, if it is a real community.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:42 PM

1 posts, read 4,101 times
Default Questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy82 View Post
My wife and I currently own 10 acres on ladybug lane on the Little Piney Creek section of Wilder Mountian, My son owns 76 acres next to us. The roads have all been finished even the street signs are up. If anyone has any question Iwould be more than happy to answer them. We have pictures of the street that we have our property on and would be glad to send them.
Is your property in the area of what they call Sequatchie Pointe? If not, what city is your property closest to? When will you have pictures up?

Old 01-12-2007, 02:46 PM

17 posts, read 50,753 times
Default Wilder Mt.

It is supposed to be really nice. The 5 acres you are looking at is a little high though, most are going for around 22,000. Moderator cut: no real estate advertising allowed

Old 01-14-2007, 02:05 PM

2 posts, read 8,028 times
There's approximately 48 lots with unsuitable soils at Sequatchie Pointe, Phase 1, as per the Recorded Plat, Plat Book 5 Page 26-35, R.O.M.C.T.(pending further review by a soil consultant for the State of Tennessee lots 5,11-13,15-17,22-26,29-44,46-65,69,70,74 and 77 are not suitable for septic tanks. Some lots are restricted to 2 bedroom homes, others 3 & 4 bedroom homes. I would check with the proper authorities before purchasing any of these lots as you may not be able to obtain a building permit.

Old 01-14-2007, 04:11 PM

20 posts, read 92,142 times
Skinny Bob,
Thanks for the info. I just purchased a bluff lot in SP with a down payment pending plat approval, (phase #2),from the county. It was stated in my contract that the lot must perk but nothing ref. the number of bedrooms that would be allowed. Do you have any other additional info on the subdivision? Do you know the contact person in the county who test the lots and makes the restrictions on the # bedrooms. I love the lot and the lake but worry about resale.

Thanks skinny,
Ironwood

Old 01-14-2007, 04:22 PM

2 posts, read 8,028 times
I would check with the local planning office and building inspector they
could direct you the local health department. Planning Office #423-942-3527

Old 01-15-2007, 04:35 PM

3 posts, read 17,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgoelz View Post
I'm learning how to use this web site, hope this works. Did you tour the lots at Sequatchie pointe? Who was your sales person? Did you find a lot you liked? Do you know anything regarding the financing company? Looking for your reply

Sorry - have been away from this for awhile! We actually just got back from looking at another lot at SP. Still have many reservations and have decided to doing more research before buying. I would like to know the prices these lots have actually sold for and not the prices they were asking for them. Talked with a couple of people from the area while we were there and they think it is overpriced. No lot that is available now has wowed us, but some are very nice. It looks like they are selling well. We will not be working with the financing company so I have no info on that.

As I said in the other post, the prices are very reasonable for the area we are in now (Atlanta); However, we don't want to use that point of reference in buying in another area. Overpaying would be fine if prices bump up, but we have not done enough research to have seen any trends. Don't want to be stuck unloading something there for little gain if we decide to go elsewhere.

We really like our salesperson, Ian. He has been extremely helpful, patient and nice. You should ask for him. We probably lucked out when we were assigned to him. Have nothing other than a feeling to base this on, but I think some of the others may be a bit high pressure. This seems to be somewhat different from the normal house/lot hunting scenario we are used to. We are looking for somewhere to build and retire and do not want to make a quick decision. Also, we are not settled on this area. There are many other beautiful places in Tennessee that we are thinking about.

If you have gone there, please let me know what you thought. Would also be interested to see if you have looked at other areas as well.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-15-2007, 04:58 PM

20 posts, read 92,142 times
Default Sequatchie Pointe

Glad to hear from another lot hunter in SP. We too had a great salesperson so I guess we were lucky also. We spent three days in the area looking at lots in Dunlap/Signal Mountain area and liked the SP lots the best. I like the proximity to Chatt. and the lake/marina. Both good selling points. My concerns are with the unfinished road to the development and soil issues on the lots. I don't want to pay top dollar for a lot and be told I can only build a two bedroom home. After viewing about twenty lots in the Dunlap area I think it is important to buy in a subdivision with restrictions. Yes, you can find cheaper lots with nice views but often the area(s) in close proximity would compromise your property value. If they get there issues resolved I don't think you can go wrong with a lake/water view lot in close prox to a nice city like Chatt. I have done a lot of research on SP if you need more info send me a PM. Sorry so long.

Ironwood

Old 01-16-2007, 10:41 AM

2 posts, read 8,001 times
Default Sequatchie Pointe/ Wilder MNT

Hey guys i am also interested in sequatchie point and am going to buy there, was researching the land and company and stumbled across this forum. I can tell you that from what i have found out this is a ligimate outfit and deal. I have purchased several properties in Tn, Most have been at the beginning stages like sp. As far as the soil problems you guys are talking about, I know from previous buying experience that when a developer goes in they will test certain soil ares in the development not testing the entire area per saving cost. This is standard procedure for most developments. A couple of good tips for some assurance on lot holding a septic system is in the state of Tn you only need 28" of good soil, To get permitted for a septic. If the lot has a fare amount of large trees on it you know that the lot has good soil to sub stain large root systems. If the lot has a good amount of fieldstone or large rock on it thats one you may be wiery about. We also found Sp to be fair priced for the area. Me and my wife visited rarity cove which is directly across the river from Sp The lots in that area started at $250,000 for 1/4 acer tracts.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:27 PM

4 posts, read 14,804 times
Default sequatchie pointe

Sequatchie Pointe is a beautiful development, there are no soil issues, 99% of the tracts will perk for septic, the ones that dont will not be sold. The property is governmen HUDed, that is like an insurance policy for the buyers. So please read up about the HUD, then make an informative decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville