Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2007, 09:06 PM

140 posts, read 731,774 times

Advertisements

We are investigating relocating to the Corpus Christi area later this year for retirement. While doing some research, I discovered a Webcam located at IH37 and Bayfront, showing scenes along Shoreline Blvd. Since discovering this Webcam, I have viewed it several times this past week and found very little vehicular traffic on Shoreline Blvd and the Bayfront area. There's very little traffic no matter what time I check it, and literally no one walking along the Bayfront area towards the American Banking Center, the museum, or near the marina.

Is this area now not safe for vehicular traffic and pedestrians? Why so few cars and people walking there? Is there nobody home in Corpus?

We were in Corpus about 10 years ago and walked the Bayfront and drove along Shoreline and Ocean Blvds. and there was "normal" amounts of cars going by and people walking. What's changed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2007, 07:27 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,381,458 times
i dont know. all i know is that when i have driven on Ocean Drive and Bayfront areas, i have always been able to drive nice and leisurely.
nice change from SPID-which is hell. i am skeered to death of SPID. avoid it like the plague but once in a while i HAVE to go to Corpus to find something i cant get on the internet or in my small town. but i am sure SPID aint THAT bad. i just aint a city girl

Old 02-21-2007, 09:14 AM

232 posts, read 995,319 times
Good luck to you...We are relocating to CC next month. I am going there tomorrow for 2 days to find a home. I will report back my findings if you wish ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi