Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 12:07 PM

551 posts, read 1,574,280 times

Advertisements

My daughter and I will be in Corpus Christi Friday night. We will be staying near Texas A and M. Can anyone recommend a vegetarian restaurant that will be close by. Or a Mongolian buffet?

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 12:26 PM

244 posts, read 804,130 times
Tango Tea Room downtown I think has a lot of vegetarian dishes on its menu. Also, maybe try Nuevo Cafe and Hesters at Six Points near downtown.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:40 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,488,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb54321 View Post
Tango Tea Room downtown I think has a lot of vegetarian dishes on its menu. Also, maybe try Nuevo Cafe and Hesters at Six Points near downtown.
Small Planet Deli is another one that I'd def check out. And honestly, thats probably about it. Corpus isnt Veggie friendly by any means.

But just an FYI, all these places mentioned so far close EARLY (like 3pm-6pm early). So if you find yourself out after that in Corpus, you're pretty much boned.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:00 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Those restaurants are all good, but I'm not sure that any of them are open for dinner.

There are several good Thai restaurants where you could get a vegetarian meal--Thai Spice is in a hotel on Shoreline--the Bayfront Inn, I think. The Green Papaya is on SPID; Thailand is on Saratoga close to Staples and there's the Thai Cottage, on Airline, across from the ToysRUs. Also, Sultan, on Staples past Saratoga is a Mediterranian restaurant and has some veggie dishes, as does Alladin (Sp?), on SPID across the freeway from Bay Area Medical Center.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:19 PM
SOM

124 posts, read 481,133 times
And you can alwats get a plate of greasy chees enchiladas, refried beans, and mexican rice!

Old 11-05-2009, 10:37 PM

82 posts, read 221,871 times
When we visited a couple of weeks ago we fell in love with Imperial Cafe... the sushi was awesome. We will make plans to go next week when we're back in town.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:40 PM
SOM

124 posts, read 481,133 times
I ate at La Playa tonight, and noticed that they have vegan specials everyday for lunch. They have great food and I bet they do justice to the vegetarian offerings.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:25 AM

1 posts, read 5,067 times
tangofandango-- they've been open well past 6PM, and have frequent events that START after 6PM, for years now, so I'm not sure why KerryB says it closes @ 3PM-6PM. Also not sure why she suggests Small Planet Deli, which has few veg options (just as most deli's do...), and obviously no Mongolian Grill at the deli. I'll suggest 2 Mongolian Grill places that will do veg'n custom-orders @ the end of this post (for the benefit of anyone reading this in 2009).<p>

I'll second Marlow's suggestions, and I'll add that Aladdin is MUCH more veg-friendly than Sultan, both in terms of the waitstaff's knowledge and the number of veg'n options. (and each Wed features Indian food instead of just Mideast)<p>

Nuevo Cafe has few options for food, let alone for veg food; it's more of a drinking place. Imperial Cafe is no more veg-friendly than any other Japanese place in Corpus; [mod edit-10 post to link off site] Most Mexican places will have plenty of mostly-veg recipes but rarely truly vegetarian with rennet, lard, etc.<p>

There's a Mongolian Grill at China Moon or Jin's. Jin's has way less veg options (other than the Mongolian grill), but China Moon has great veg'n options, they even had a chef come out to answer our questions for "what parts of your buffet are veg'n?" (vegan or lacto-ovo veg, as my GF is one & I'm the other). But that was @ 2PM when they weren't busy, so YMMV.<br>
. . . Souper Salad has many veg'n options; their daily menu is posted online, and Bair's soups are (or at least were; I haven't been there lately) all vegan. Mandarin Inn & Tokyo Den were decent but I also haven't been there recently. (both had above-average food quality, nice decor, but only half-decent veg selections & waitstaff knowledge of what's veg; no more or less veg options than Imperial Cafe). Mao Tai, Ophraka's, Mandarin Palace, Bamboo Garden: VERY few veg options (and many people complain about the Mao Tai service/attitude). Happy Buddha & China King were decent.

Last edited by Oildog; 12-18-2009 at 05:59 AM.. Reason: paragraph delineation

Old 12-17-2009, 09:34 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Thanks for the heads up about Indian food on Wednesdays at Aladdin.

You must have Nuevo Cafe confused with another place. It's a breakfast/lunch restaurant at 6 Points and I'm not even sure they have a liquor license. If they do, you sure don't see many people drinking at noon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi