Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 12:33 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Cruise websites as other travel sites are a wealth of information (just like C-D, in fact) but you have to read everything and take the good with the bad. It is people giving their opinion (again, like on here) and you are certainly going to get a variety. As they always say, everyone has one and some are just stronger by nature in the way they present it. They are not right by any means, but will try to convince you they are, no matter what the subject, even lettuce!

I post there and being a perpetual glass half full person, don't remember saying something negative, ever, just not me.

I'm at CC quite a bit as I have a long cruise (25 days) planned for Oct., and another one for April, 2016 also 25 days. At this stage of my life, I'm cruising for itinerary so the ship is more or less secondary. Princess and Royal Caribbean are my cruise lines of choice as they suit me best and I've sailed with them the most.
Good post; yes, we all need to remember to take all comments with a grain of salt remembering different people see things different ways and it is easier to spout negative comments sometimes than to give praise when we should be more willing to praise. I think your comments on favorites cruise lines can show how differently some of us think; none is wrong for sure. Princess is about our least favorite line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 07:20 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
I've sailed with Carnival, Celebrity, Costa, NCL, Princess and RCI, the latter 2 the most. It is all about itinerary and sailing on RCI this year, after not sailing with them for over 10 years, I will report back this fall on my thoughts.

Many people love Celebrity, I did not. Tried it once, thought I better try it again to see if the first cruise was different because it was a repositioning. Nope, still didn't like it. Part of the problem was high expectations. People raved about it to me so I expected something over the top compared to Princess and RCI, it wasn't.

I always check HAL itineraries and may try them one of these days. When I'm gone for a month, I admit I like the perks from Princess as I use the internet to keep in touch with family, pay some bills, etc.!

Old 04-28-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I've sailed with Carnival, Celebrity, Costa, NCL, Princess and RCI, the latter 2 the most. It is all about itinerary and sailing on RCI this year, after not sailing with them for over 10 years, I will report back this fall on my thoughts.

Many people love Celebrity, I did not. Tried it once, thought I better try it again to see if the first cruise was different because it was a repositioning. Nope, still didn't like it. Part of the problem was high expectations. People raved about it to me so I expected something over the top compared to Princess and RCI, it wasn't.

I always check HAL itineraries and may try them one of these days. When I'm gone for a month, I admit I like the perks from Princess as I use the internet to keep in touch with family, pay some bills, etc.!
We too were not overly excited about Celebrity and tried them more than once. Our cruiseline of choice is NCL; why? like you and Princess, the perks. We are at a stage and age where we usually only cruise once a year or maybe three times every 2 years, so we have pretty much consintrated on NCL. If we still were cruisng several times a year we would be more open. Give HAL a shot, we really enjoyed them.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:36 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,822,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
One of the things I have learned from Cruise Critic is that there are people who are extraordinarily finicky and who will complain about the slightest thing.
Yes...THAT and the KNOW IT ALLS that if someone asks a question and they deem it ignorant or common sense or whatever, some people are just not nice about answering.... It could be someone's first cruise..doesn't matter to them..

Old 05-06-2015, 05:37 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Been a member of CC for a long time now, rarely go there unless we are planning the next trip.

The meet and greets have been everything from wonderful to a bust...just depends on the group you happen to be sailing with I guess. The BEST group we met was on our Med Cruise, they were from all walks of life and awesome folks. Still keep up with some of them!

Old 05-07-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Been a member of CC for a long time now, rarely go there unless we are planning the next trip.

The meet and greets have been everything from wonderful to a bust...just depends on the group you happen to be sailing with I guess. The BEST group we met was on our Med Cruise, they were from all walks of life and awesome folks. Still keep up with some of them!
My experience has been the best M&G have been the longer cruises or the ones with people from all over, but we have had some good ones on the basic 7 day cruises as well. The ones that are 2 big (only a couple) make it hard to really get to know perople and the really small ones usually are a bust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises