Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 05:28 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,034,538 times

Advertisements

Part of me wants to blame them, but most of me wants to feel so sorry for them. Imagine how they must be feeling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 05:31 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
I think that mnay seem to like so many cases either not beleive it;think its a setup ore they balme their sons whpo afterall are adults.To belive you raised someone who would do thsi always effects the mind inmost cases.I don't blame them at all but did hear firends who said they didn't want ot i ones words throw a freind under the bus. That shocked mei have to say.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:45 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,980,804 times
7:44 pm EST

As yet there is no incontrovertible evidence of the brothers' guilt. There is a ton of speculation and overwhelming evidence, but the real story is not yet in.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:52 PM

419 posts, read 656,671 times
Hello, Have you heard the news. The father of these two terrorists - yes that is what they are has said that there will be hell to pay if his son is killed. He of course is in another country saying this. I do believe that they lived here too (in USA) at one time. So in response to your post - the father is probably the one who could be the one who radicalized them.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:17 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times
Excuse me the one with the white hat is the one who sat that bomb down by that little boy who died that not two minutes before that had hugged his dad , I will feel no sympathy for these two brothers . They have maimed and killed people and children included so shame on their father and them .Yes their father is an idiot and a terrorist as well .

Old 04-19-2013, 06:28 PM

830 posts, read 1,729,891 times
Obviously some of you are not keeping up with the news on CNN. The father was interviewed DENYING that his sons did this. Absolutely denying that they had any role. He then said that whomever did this is a bastard. The mom also denied that her sons could have had any role in this. She says they were framed.

Those are not the statements of people who would support the bombings. If they supported it, they would be cheering them on instead. Their reactions (denial) are not surprising for someone in their position.

By the way, their uncle was interviewed. He was furious that his nephews were involved, his statement was that he thought the younger one should turn himself in and that the guys had brought SHAME on his family. He was very angry.

Denial and Anger
Stages of grief, people

Old 04-19-2013, 06:41 PM

18,028 posts, read 27,479,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Excuse me the one with the white hat is the one who sat that bomb down by that little boy who died that not two minutes before that had hugged his dad , I will feel no sympathy for these two brothers . They have maimed and killed people and children included so shame on their father and them .Yes their father is an idiot and a terrorist as well .
This! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55degrees View Post
By the way, their uncle was interviewed. He was furious that his nephews were involved, his statement was that he thought the younger one should turn himself in and that the guys had brought SHAME on his family. He was very angry.
Right! I heard him on the radio as I was driving home. I like this uncle. That's the correct attitude to have here.

I'm watching the 19 year old terrorist being snuffed out now. I think he's dead or soon to be apprehended. He may be wired with a bomb like his dead brother was.

Suspect is in custody and is alive.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-19-2013 at 07:09 PM..

Old 04-19-2013, 07:30 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Well before folks pull their verbal knives out...

Back in my newspaper days, I often observed a real sense of sadness on the part of homicide investigators and prosecutors who like myself felt a that same sadness not only for the victims of heinous crimes but for young perpetrators who had otherwise promising futures who found themselves facing a lifetime in prison for some heinous act as the result coming under the influence of an older and truly evil individual(s).

This case is no different.

It is hard enough to understand why someone would commit such an act as placing bombs along a crowded sidewalk, but to include your younger brother who by every indication was on a positive path (and if the photographs of the two of them during prior to the detonation are any indication follow his brother like an unthinking puppy), is simply incomprehensible.

About the only saving grace is that the younger Tsarnaev was captured alive despite the fact that I also look forward to his standing trial and paying the full price that the law allows. but that doesn't change my sense that a young man's life was thrown away because of the sociopathic actions of someone that should have been a positive mentor in his life instead of the nexus of his abject failure.

Last edited by ovcatto; 04-19-2013 at 07:43 PM..

Old 04-19-2013, 07:32 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,737,038 times
I was watching O'Reilly on Fox News and he reported that the terrorists' mother is a career shoplifter who stole thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from Lord & Taylor and others. Have you seen the father's interview? Such arrogant bah$$tard!

Sorry ... I have no sympathy for the parents. They came to this country, granted refugee status and were immediately given financial & social assistance, and this is how they show their thanks?

Old 04-19-2013, 08:02 PM

18,028 posts, read 27,479,203 times
Ovcatto, I'm sure you're an expert of all media outlets. IMO, you don't have to be an expert to aire your thoughts on this topic here.

There are folks in Boston now proud of their police force, their city, the Boston Marathon explosion victims, and proud of America.

Now is a time for celebration and justice. I'm going to watch this Watertown News Coverage and enjoy it as the celebration that should have suceeded the Marathon some four days ago.

With respect to "giving thoughts to the parents..." I'd just heard the possibility that the Russian gov't gave intel to our FBI that the older brother was a threat and should be watched ... some time ago. How long ago? IDK. We'll see if there's anything to this or not.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-19-2013 at 08:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events