Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2013, 03:46 AM

823 posts, read 1,974,919 times

Advertisements

Both were there, both helped the girls....but both have different stories: according to them they were the ones who thrashed the door.

Cordero says he was the first who approached Amanda Berry, and he was the one who thrashed the door, and only then came Charles Ramsey.

Charles Ramsey says he asked for help to Cordero and Cordero walked away saying "I don´t wanna get involved in this".

I guess the one who has more in the line is Cordero....he could pass from hero to coward.

But on Cordero's behalf, I just don´t know how Ransey could have understood those words, since Cordero speaks no English...the only way Ramsey could have understood those words is if Ramsey speaks Spanish, and I dont think so.

So I guess we will have to wait until Amanda Berry says what happened, and one of these men will be officially labelled a hero, meanwhile the other....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2013, 07:16 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier77 View Post
Both were there, both helped the girls....but both have different stories: according to them they were the ones who thrashed the door.

Cordero says he was the first who approached Amanda Berry, and he was the one who thrashed the door, and only then came Charles Ramsey.

Charles Ramsey says he asked for help to Cordero and Cordero walked away saying "I don´t wanna get involved in this".

I guess the one who has more in the line is Cordero....he could pass from hero to coward.

But on Cordero's behalf, I just don´t know how Ransey could have understood those words, since Cordero speaks no English...the only way Ramsey could have understood those words is if Ramsey speaks Spanish, and I dont think so.

So I guess we will have to wait until Amanda Berry says what happened, and one of these men will be officially labelled a hero, meanwhile the other....
Hmmmm. Maybe he speaks enough English to communicate in short sentences. Maybe he has something to hide, some reason he would not want to get involved with police. Maybe he was afraid he wouldn't know enough English to be able to explain himself to police if he needed to. He was there first but then he ran off. Maybe if he hadn't been there, Ramsey wouldn't have noticed the commotion? Too many unanswered questions.

We just don't have enough information yet to do anything except guess. I do admire the fact that Ramsey said he was RAISED that way, to protect women. It was IN him to do what he did and what a hero he is!

Old 05-11-2013, 07:26 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,322,446 times
Who cares?
Don't you think the real hero here is Amanda Berry, for escaping after the Hell she's been through, knowing the guy could come back any time and hurt her again?

Old 05-11-2013, 08:19 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
SUDCARO....Exactly! Who cares, the important thing is they are safe.

Old 05-11-2013, 06:28 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Who cares?
Don't you think the real hero here is Amanda Berry, for escaping after the Hell she's been through, knowing the guy could come back any time and hurt her again?
Ditto for me on this too. Amanda will tell her story when she is good and ready. The important thing is that she and the others are safe now.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:26 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Kudos to all of them!
Which man did what when is immaterial. Both had the right instincts and hearts full of courage, and like good folks everywhere, they went running to the sound of the guns to do what they could.

I admire Ramsey just as much for what he said about a possible reward as what his actions were. Helping someone in deep trouble is the truest reward. A token of appreciation, I think, would mean more to both men that money.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:19 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,552,562 times
Ramsey did the right thing, but man oh man, what an attitude!
Where did he get this arrogance from? Reward, he needs a front tooth and a happy meal.
One hero in Ohio kidnap case reflects | Fox News Video

Old 05-14-2013, 12:59 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Hmmmm. Maybe he speaks enough English to communicate in short sentences. Maybe he has something to hide, some reason he would not want to get involved with police. Maybe he was afraid he wouldn't know enough English to be able to explain himself to police if he needed to. He was there first but then he ran off. Maybe if he hadn't been there, Ramsey wouldn't have noticed the commotion? Too many unanswered questions.

We just don't have enough information yet to do anything except guess. I do admire the fact that Ramsey said he was RAISED that way, to protect women. It was IN him to do what he did and what a hero he is!
Oh let's just say it, maybe he is staying quit because he might be illegal? He could have definitely done a lot in this case, but he clearly is trying to stay out of the limelight.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:43 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
I don't really care who rescued them. All I care about is that they're safe now and that the disgusting scrote who tortured them for ten years is finally going to get what's coming to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events