Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 01:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times

Advertisements

too often on CDF the underlying question is posted where is the white guilt and sense of personal responsibility for black on black violence?
the answer is with forced extreme tolerance--- comes apathy.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:41 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,187,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
too often on CDF the underlying question is posted where is the white guilt and sense of personal responsibility for black on black violence?
the answer is with forced extreme tolerance--- comes apathy.
Huhn??? I am supposed to feel guilty for something that happened 250 and more years ago?? BS. My people weren't even in this country yet. Personal responsibility??? BS again. I have as much responsibility for black on black violence as the man in the moon! Do you, yourself, believe such nonsense??? The only ones responsible for the violence are the people doing it! Reparations? Get a job.

Or were you just making an observation?

Old 07-29-2013, 05:05 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,525,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
The case is in NO way comparable to the Zimmerman case.

It took weeks for Zimmerman to be charged. Had their been no outcry he would have never even went on trial.

People are killed everyday in this country, so of course you aren't going to hear about most of them.

Most people are killed by someone they know and it's not a question of self defense. There aren't as many questions surrounding them as there was in the case of Zimmerman. The national media isn't interested in open and shut cases.

Now I could also complain about why is it when a black or Hispanic woman goes missing, the news media doesn't take any notice. Meanwhile, when a white woman goes missing, the news media gets flooded for months. The fact is the media is out for ratings, they are going to focus on the stories they think will get them the ratings they want. The Zimmerman case wasn't just about race, but also put on display contentious topics such as gun ownership and self defense laws in this country. All of those issues bring ratings.
True, in this case the kid who was killed wasn't a thug who attacked first. You'd think this would result in MORE of an outcry from the public.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:27 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
True, in this case the kid who was killed wasn't a thug who attacked first. You'd think this would result in MORE of an outcry from the public.
So you were a sweet angel of a teen huh, giving out cookies to the homeless??? I wonder what your parents would say. And thug or not, that doesn't give a person the right to kill someone. You weren't there were you??? otherwise I'm sure the authorities would have called you to testify, so you can't say what happened. The sad thing is yeah Zimmerman killed Treyvon, but the person that was robbing that neighborhood is probably out roaming free as a bird.

And again, people are killed everyday. Everything can't make the national news.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:08 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,237,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Nope, didn't miss the point at all. I didn't say ALL black people. I take it one person at a time and Traymore Martin was a little hooded thug from what I can see.

Interesting that I have not responded to any of the TM lovers by low blow personal comments yet they are fine and dandy with trying to disparage me.

Let me go pop a beer, put my feet up on the coffee table that is covered with empty food containers, empty smoke packs and over flowing ashtrays. Oh yeah, and not check on the dogs and kids outside.

Until today, I thought you were a great poster. You've now shown us all how racist you are and how disrespectful to TRAYVON's loved ones you are. Anyone who stoops to changing a dead childs name is not someone I want to ever read again. Answer me why you call TM a thug, but don't mention all the crime your boy has perpetrated? I'll take a pot smoking teen any day over a child molesting, cop hitting, girlfriend beating, dog kicking, co-worker harasser, lying about donated funds to the court kid shooting man any day of the week.

This trial was fixed, and if you'd read decent sites you'd see this. From his buddy Smith showing up without his gun drawn, to the Judge leaving out crucial instructions the defense had this in the bag. Attorneys the world over are shocked at how this played out. I'm shocked it was played in the media and by people like you. I'll never get over grown folks trashing a dead, murdered child, never!

I have repped more on this thread then I ever have in one sitting. Thank you posters who get it.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Whatever. No one is going to change their opinion in this matter or other matters either. Go bleat and bleed to someone who can be swayed. This is all BS anyway. Like a previous poster said most people have good and bad in them. Some are lost causes and I am not saying TM was a lost cause. Too bad apparently his upbringing didn't reinforce being good. Too bad so many kids nowadays all have that problem. Apples don't fall too far from trees though. Lazy parents should be held more accountable.

The one in the hoodie btw.

Dear God, are you drunk? TM had very good, hard working parents. They sure had a better work record than the killer, by a MILE! What is wrong with a person who starts a thread to inflame others and then trashes a whole innocent grieving family? What I'd like to know is, how come your husband died? Never mind, I think I know.

Last edited by breeinmo.; 07-29-2013 at 10:26 PM..

Old 07-29-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
How about this story? (Yes, I'm aware that this is GB, but let's discuss the message instead of the messenger.)

Trayvon Martin received much sympathy from the public and political leaders, but why haven't we heard the same level of outrage over the 13 year old girl from Texas being raped 14 times in two days?

Maybe because their case didn't have dirty lazy cops, dirty investigators, political powers and BIG money protecting gun rights and SYG? This case isn't just about a teen being killed, it goes way beyond that. Have you EVER heard of someone who shot and killed someone, not having a tox screening done, ever? Ever heard of a cop showing up at a shooting with his gun holstered? Ever heard of so many losing their jobs or getting demoted? Big, big money paid for this trial to go the way it did. I like others, have never seen such a fake prosecution done in court. I've never seen a judge do what Nelson did and didn't do. I only hope the DOJ is clean and honest, but I doubt it.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:30 PM

322 posts, read 584,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Dear God, are you drunk? TM had very good, hard working parents. They sure had a better work record than the killer, by a MILE! What is wrong with a person who starts a thread to inflame others and then trashes a whole innocent grieving family? What I'd like to know is, how come your husband died? Never mind, I think I know.
I agree with you. But don't you think the deceased husband thing is too far? She may have a different opinion, but she is a human, and she has emotions like the rest of us.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:04 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,653,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, actually, it saddens me just as much when I hear of some young black person killed as it does when I hear about a white, Hispanic, or any other race killed in the prime of their youth. Some Mother and Father are mourning that child and can never get them back. The teen years are when kids should be going on first dates, proms, thinking about their futures, and not worrying if someone is going to shoot them, probably for some stupid reason that no one really understands.

I just don't get it at all.

Don
I don't get it either. It's like some morbid came of "can you top this"? I am saddened whenever a young life is needlessly taken.

Rarely notice the race at all.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:10 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,644,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Maybe because their case didn't have dirty lazy cops, dirty investigators, political powers and BIG money protecting gun rights and SYG? This case isn't just about a teen being killed, it goes way beyond that. Have you EVER heard of someone who shot and killed someone, not having a tox screening done, ever? Ever heard of a cop showing up at a shooting with his gun holstered? Ever heard of so many losing their jobs or getting demoted? Big, big money paid for this trial to go the way it did. I like others, have never seen such a fake prosecution done in court. I've never seen a judge do what Nelson did and didn't do. I only hope the DOJ is clean and honest, but I doubt it.
I think you're acting a little conspiracy theorist here, and asking to shoot first before asking questions. The case had nothing to do with SYG, and like I said elsewhere, there was not enough evidence to convict the guy. The Many people were convinced the guy was guilty from the get-go, and no amount of facts to the contrary would deter them from this presupposition.

The problem these days is not a lack of convictions, but rather an over-conviction problem. As quoted previously, "The defining characteristic of English law is its distribution of power between prosecutor, judge and jury. This delicate balance has been utterly corrupted in the United States to the point where today at the federal level there is a conviction rate of over 90 percent, which would impress Mubarak and the House of Saud, if not quite yet, Kim Jong-Un."

From the Wikipedia page:
Quote:
Serino also told the FBI that he had felt pressure from three officers within the department to charge Zimmerman although he "did not believe he had enough evidence at the time to file charges", and accused one of these officers of being friendly with Martin's father. He also expressed concern to the FBI about possible leaks of evidence to the media from within the department.
Quote:
Tracy Martin was skeptical of the account of his son's death told to him by Sanford police investigators and believed Zimmerman didn't act in self-defense.[89] Two days after the shooting, he was referred to civil rights attorney Benjamin Crump,[89] who was retained to pursue legal action and to persuade the news media to cover the case.[221] Attorney Natalie Jackson and publicist Ryan Julison, both of Orlando, also joined the Martin team.[89] Due to their efforts, the case started to receive national attention on March 7.[89][222]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events