Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2014, 05:05 AM

4,045 posts, read 2,128,844 times

Advertisements

I used to think it was stupid how high school health/sex ed classes has kids see why it was like to parent by having them carry around an egg or a simulated baby that they were responsible for, but maybe it's not---if it could help people grow up to be more aware actual parents.

One of the problem is that people aren't mindful and just don't think. They are just aimlessly scrolling through, typing, and staring at a small screen.

I do sympathize with day care being expensive, but people seem to find the money for what they want. With the woman noted above, she had the money for a manicure but not child care...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 10:52 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,633,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
It doesn't matter to 313weather. The employer still overworked the mom. She was so stressed out that she had to get a manicure.

The manicure took priority over her child. Sad and sickening.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:44 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
It doesn't matter to 313weather. The employer still overworked the mom. She was so stressed out that she had to get a manicure.
There's nothing wrong with getting a manicure. But she could have put her child in a daycare or gotten a babysitter. When does the responsibility begin with parenting, 313Weather?

Old 07-31-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Who the hell are you to judge this man?

You don't know this guy. In fact, I think it's a pretty safe to say that you have never experienced whatever struggle he is/was experiencing.

No sane person would WANT this for their child. However, the man did what he felt he had to do, as clearly no one was coming to his rescue to help him out.

I hope the baby is able to recover and that things will get better for the father. I also hope any business owners out here who overwork and underpay their employees feel at least some guilt after this incident.
I'm not the only one who things that leaving children in a hot car is sad parenting. There's a national day that focuses on that problem.

Today is National Heat Stroke Prevention day. They are focusing on children left in hot cars.

National Heatstroke Prevention Day Takes Aim At Child Left In Hot Car Deaths « CBS Miami

Old 07-31-2014, 06:31 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
I wish the parents who would even consider that an option, and those who defend them, would be left in hot cars. Fewer twisted sickos in society won't be missed.

And those who blame the company are nuts on a whole other level.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I wish the parents who would even consider that an option, and those who defend them, would be left in hot cars. Fewer twisted sickos in society won't be missed.

Can't argue with that.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

I don't wish harm on anyone and cannot agree with the punishment of torture.

313Weather blames the employer and defends the parents who left their child in a car to die. Are you suggesting that she is nuts?

I do agree that people who defend these murdering parents are unfit for parenting, and perhaps much of society.

Old 08-02-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post

313Weather blames the employer and defends the parents who left their child in a car to die. Are you suggesting that she is nuts?

I do agree that people who defend these murdering parents are unfit for parenting, and perhaps much of society.

Who knows what else someone like this is capable of doing. If they can leave kids in hot cars, what else would they do?

Old 08-02-2014, 07:34 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,114,245 times
Default Foster Dad high on Marijuana, leaves 10-month old in hot car

A dad high on marijuana left 10-month old baby to die in a hot car. Was it his employer's fault for overworking him, too?

After work, he picks up his daughter from the sitter. He's so overworked that he has to stop by the drug dealer's house for some stress relief.

Who visits the drug dealer, after the babysitter??

Prosecutor: Foster dad high when he left baby in hot car | KXAN.com

Quote:
Bennett told the court Jackson had gone to his drug dealer’s house and bought marijuana. He said prosecutors believe Jackson came home to consume marijuana, leaving the girl behind in the car.

Police have said Jackson had apparently forgotten about her until something on TV jogged his memory. The girl was left in a the sweltering car with the windows up for more than two hours outside her foster parents’ home in Wichita. Temperatures at the time were around 90 degrees.
Quote:
In this Thursday, July 24, 2014 photo police tape surrounds a gray car outside a Wichita, Kan., where a 10-month-old girl died after being left inside a hot car. Authorities said Friday they have arrested the girl's foster parent on suspicion of aggravated endangerment but charges have not been filed. Police said the man had "somehow forgotten" leaving the girl in the back seat after picking her up from the baby sitter late Thursday afternoon. (AP Photo/The Wichita Eagle, Matt Riedl)

Last edited by move4ward; 08-02-2014 at 08:03 AM..

Old 08-03-2014, 02:24 AM

This guy definitely had too many meetings. According to 313Weather, the employer should go to jail for bringing death upon his son.

Hospital CEO Leaves Child to Die in Hot Car - ABC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events