Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 07:36 AM

21,096 posts, read 19,703,590 times

Advertisements

~ New York Senator maybe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 10:07 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Happy birthday Michelle.. hope it was a great one..

Old 01-19-2014, 10:49 AM

3,126 posts, read 5,051,193 times
I love Michelle Obama! I clicked on the thread thinking it was something interesting. But it was just an odd hate thread. I'm glad Michelle doesn't let things like this affect here. She is a great first lady and a really interesting person. I think she handles herself very well and I wish her all the best.

Old 01-19-2014, 11:01 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
I love Michelle Obama! I clicked on the thread thinking it was something interesting. But it was just an odd hate thread. I'm glad Michelle doesn't let things like this affect here. She is a great first lady and a really interesting person. I think she handles herself very well and I wish her all the best.
And I am sure she loves you too....

Old 01-19-2014, 11:29 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1972 View Post
Michelle Obama is a wonderful role model for young women. She got an education and really transformed her life. She's truly a self made woman who was successful in her own right before she met Barack. She's also a great model of health and fitness for women. She's smart and such a well rounded person. I can't wait to see what she has planned for life after they leave the White House.
Agreed. She is a class act. Unfortunately, Republican's in general are too spiteful to give her any credit for doing amazing things with her life. She should be the poster child of what a black girl growing up on the south side of Chicago can do with her life, but nope, no kudos for her drive and tenacity. Aren't Republican's always complaining about 'those' minority's being nothing but welfare mama's living off the system? She is educated, classy, and should be a role model for all young women, and they absolutely hate her for it.

Old 01-19-2014, 03:44 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
I was a Republican for a good part of my life, but I really became disenchanted because the make up of the party these days are old white men who scowl and have nothing positive to say about anything. I could turn off the sound and know if the Congressman on TV is a Republican or not just by his facial expression. If one of them ever smiled their face would crack. What a bunch of belly achers.

Anyone who runs for President needs their head examined IMO. It must be horrible to go to work every day and know everything you do is going to be rebuffed by the opposite party and you have to fight tooth and nail to get anything accomplished. Just once I would like to see the Republicans actually try to work toward a positive solution instead of just blocking anything the Democrats want to do. It gets VERY old after a while and has really turned me off on the GOP. No wonder they can't win an election even with all the money they get in support.

Don

Old 01-19-2014, 03:57 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Lol--four-page thread initiated to announce who cares about Michelle's B-day?

It's great having a fit, smart, energetic and attractive real person as First Lady!

Old 01-19-2014, 04:01 PM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I wish she'd go away... But that would cost us taxpayers alot of money as usual for her!
No, didn't you hear that they told the guests to eat before they came, because the Obamas were paying for it? So classy.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:45 PM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Agreed. She is a class act. Unfortunately, Republican's in general are too spiteful to give her any credit for doing amazing things with her life. She should be the poster child of what a black girl growing up on the south side of Chicago can do with her life, but nope, no kudos for her drive and tenacity. Aren't Republican's always complaining about 'those' minority's being nothing but welfare mama's living off the system? She is educated, classy, and should be a role model for all young women, and they absolutely hate her for it.
She is not a class act at all. She usually has a mean scowl on her face, and I have never forgotten that she said she was not proud of America. Not too bright as the wife whose husband was running for President. Not too bright for a woman who had all the advantages that America can bestow. She's just a typical elitist Liberal who thinks they're better than everyone else.
I can like how fit she is, and I can enjoy the clothes she wears, and she seems to be a good mother, but I bet she will lose no time in dumping her husband as soon as his abysmal Presidency is over.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:58 PM

8,481 posts, read 6,886,522 times
24/7 news cycle. The media needs lots of stuff to fill in the blank spaces. If Ann Romney was the first lady and had a landmark birthday she would be in the news too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events