Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2014, 01:15 AM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times

Advertisements

With all due respect, some of you posters need to give Micheal Vick a break. He served his time in jail and is now an animal rights advocate. He has done a lot of things in North Philly which I have seen him do in person. Over the past couple of years he has done a lot of great things that don't always show up in the media. If Micheal Vick can redeem himself and help save dogs in the process than who am I or anyone else to stand in his way. Since he has been on the Philadelphia Eagles, he has also shown a lot of class and many players view him as a team leader. He has shown that he has a lot of integrity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 06:41 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForLoveOnly View Post
I will never understand how anyone can not understand everything you and others have said here. I can't even fathom why anyone would even attempt to defend or justify vicks actions unless they don't see anything wrong with what he did.
I think it may be best for you to re-read the thread or at least parts of it. No one that I have seen is defending or justifying his actions. I think that is one of the reasons why this thread became as long as it did. People see defending him as a person in his current state, as somehow defending what he did in the past. For people like myself, we see that perhaps he has changed. That doesn't justify his actions from his past, but it does give some of us the idea that perhaps he can be productive in influences others not to make the same decisions that he made. If you disagree that he has changed, then I think that is something that is debatable, but when you (and others) say that people are defending his actions, you are misinterpreting what is being said.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:09 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Why not have him speak up and be a voice for animal rights? If its going to help the animals than why not have him be a vocal advocate. He has done great things in the city of Philadelphia when it comes to dog fighting awareness.
Because he is NOT believable.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
With all due respect, some of you posters need to give Micheal Vick a break. He served his time in jail and is now an animal rights advocate. He has done a lot of things in North Philly which I have seen him do in person. Over the past couple of years he has done a lot of great things that don't always show up in the media. If Micheal Vick can redeem himself and help save dogs in the process than who am I or anyone else to stand in his way. Since he has been on the Philadelphia Eagles, he has also shown a lot of class and many players view him as a team leader. He has shown that he has a lot of integrity.
His handlers have told him how to act....and what to say.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:28 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
He paid a fortune to some fancy schmancy PR company to improve his image. I doubt very much if he had the original thought "OH goodie, I think I will pet puppies on posters to show what a good guy I am now" As i recall an animal rights group reached out to him to get him to do some ads but the general membership was furious they did because they did not want vick representing animal rights.

The horrendous snow storm in our area had a silver lining when the whole event was cancelled and now they are saying no matter when it is rescheduled he will be too busy to appear. Too Bad...So Sad...

Old 02-20-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Because he is NOT believable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
His handlers have told him how to act....and what to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
He paid a fortune to some fancy schmancy PR company to improve his image. I doubt very much if he had the original thought "OH goodie, I think I will pet puppies on posters to show what a good guy I am now" As i recall an animal rights group reached out to him to get him to do some ads but the general membership was furious they did because they did not want vick representing animal rights.

The horrendous snow storm in our area had a silver lining when the whole event was cancelled and now they are saying no matter when it is rescheduled he will be too busy to appear. Too Bad...So Sad...
I see. The fix is in. Despite the fact that he has been a great animal rights advocate, it is impossible for him to change because of what he did in the past. Lets ignore all of the good things he has done in the local communities. Lets continue to constantly look at his past and ignore any possibility that someone can have a change of heart and be remorseful for the actions they have done.

Actions speak louder than words. Whether you like Micheal Vick or not, you can't deny that he has been a tremendous asset to animal rights. I know a lot of you are angry with what he did in his past but I find it sad that people can't even put aside their preconceived notions and see that he is doing positive things.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:58 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
He is only sorry he got caught.
I do deny he is tremendous asset to animals. The harm he did is still showing in his community and with the animals. Kids are growing up thinking it is manly to torture dogs.
I don't have any preconceived notions. I know for a FACT what he did, that he enjoyed it and did not do it for money but for recreation and to show off. He put up his cousin in the business. He BROKE THE LAW and he knew exactly what he was doing.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:04 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
there are attempts at justification ALL over this thread...... and that makes me ill....

there is NO justification for deliberately torturing and murdering weaker creatures for pleasure and amusement.....

ANYONE who does such things has something very basic SERIOUSLY wrong, or missing, or flawed or all three.....

Old 02-20-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I see. The fix is in. Despite the fact that he has been a great animal rights advocate, it is impossible for him to change because of what he did in the past. Lets ignore all of the good things he has done in the local communities. Lets continue to constantly look at his past and ignore any possibility that someone can have a change of heart and be remorseful for the actions they have done.

Actions speak louder than words. Whether you like Micheal Vick or not, you can't deny that he has been a tremendous asset to animal rights. I know a lot of you are angry with what he did in his past but I find it sad that people can't even put aside their preconceived notions and see that he is doing positive things.
Vick made his bed.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
there are attempts at justification ALL over this thread...... and that makes me ill....

there is NO justification for deliberately torturing and murdering weaker creatures for pleasure and amusement.....

ANYONE who does such things has something very basic SERIOUSLY wrong, or missing, or flawed or all three.....
Who is exactly doing that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events