Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 11:47 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times

Advertisements

I have a family member that remembers things from childhood very differently than they actually happened. We know the recollections are wrong for 2 reasons: 1) we were there, and 2) the scenes described so closely match snippets from books and movies popular during this person's childhood. This person believes that these things are true and shares these stories as true to others, including children.

As for Woody Allen - these things may or may not have happened. Either way, we will never truly know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 11:53 AM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
I don't think the daughter is lying.. At least intentionally.

the problem is with molestation claims.. The claim does massive damage. We know that there was was alot of hostility involved in the separation..

So.. Honestly.. I don't believe or disbelieve either side. It actually strikes me as strange that Farrow 'spontaneously' grabbed a video camera when the kid (at 7 years old) started talking about the supposed abuse. That has the scent of coaching to me..

The only thing I can ever think of when I hear a molestation/sex abuse type case is this.. McMartin preschool trial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The media just kept feeding the 'facts' on that case, ALL of which were totally wrong. And for anyone who says that kids won't make things like that up.. Again, see that case.

Police investigated.. Said there was no case. I have to accept that.

And.. Survey says..

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...rt-exonerated/

Quote:
“It is our expert opinion that Dylan was not sexually abused by Mr. Allen,” the hospital’s report, dated Mar. 17, 1993, said.
“Further, we believe that statements on videotape and her statements to us during our evaluation do not refer to actual events that occurred to her on August 4, 1992.”

Quote:
In 16 interviews stretching from Sept. 8, 1992 to Dec. 4, 1992, investigators spoke with all parties involved (Allen, both of her parents, two babysitters and two psychotherapists, per the report) and “interviewed [Dylan] on nine occasions.”
According to the report, “Dylan presented as an intelligent, verbal 7-year-old whose storytelling was quite elaborate and fantasy-like at times and who manifested loose associations in her thinking.
“She appeared confused about what to relate to the interviewers and was very controlling of what she would say,” adding that the child was “upset by the loss of her father and Soon-Yi and worried that her father might take her from her mother’s care.”

So.. It wasn't a talk to the kid.. she's making it up.. 9 times they talked to her. "Experts" concluded she was either making it up on her own to avoid being taken away from her mother, or was coached by her mother as revenge. And these weren't 'Hollywood" detectives or experts.

I have to side with the experts here, because they know more than I do.

Last edited by Labonte18; 02-06-2014 at 12:47 PM..

Old 02-06-2014, 12:48 PM

833 posts, read 657,053 times
The guy is a child molester. No ifs and or buts. Evil. Doesn't matter you make good movies. You still molested kids.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:52 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,925,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Right, some already explained the relationship between Woody Allen and Soon Yi. I always thought Mia Farrow was pretty weird, even recently she suggested that Frank Sinatra was probably the father of her son Ronan. I mean why would anyone say that, either get a test and settle down the issue or don't say anything. What kind of woman would say that her son's father could be someone else and casually. She does not either bother to establish, just seems Mia Farrow wants publicity.

This gentleman, and he was no lawyer, suggested on CNN two nights ago that all this is a publicity stunt, for Ronan's MSNBC show. She suggested that Sinatra may be the father, if she knows he is not, then that is just pathetic stunt. Also these allegations, and the Twitter attacks when Woody Allen was being honored.

The Farrows also seem to take every issue to Twitter. Her and her son Ronan creep me out big time.

I call BS, it is perfectly possible for children to coached and have false memories drilled into them.

Good post.

For everyone who is putting Mia Farrow on a pedestal of some sort let's take a brief look at her life. You can do an online search about her and find a lot more information, too much for me to reference.

* Mia Farrow was 19 when she went on her first date with Frank Sinatra. That's right, the same age Soon-Yi was when she started dating Woody Allen - 19. Why was it o.k. for Mia and not Soon-Yi? Frank Sinatra was in his 50s when he married Mia Farrow; she was 20. Same age frame as Woody and Soon-Yi. Double standard much? As people have already mentioned Woody Allen was NOT the adopted father or even stepfather to Soon-Yi Previn. (Just some trivia here; Mia and Frank hit the sheets on their second date. Funny...)

* Mia Farrow met Frank Sinatra when she was 11 and he always had his eye on her. Mia's father had to warn Frank to stay away from his daughter!! (By the way, there is A LOT of dysfunction in her own childhood which might help explain her path.)

* Mia Farrow's next husband, Andre Previn, was SOMEONE ELSE's husband when she became pregnant with Previn's child. Dory Previn, a songwriter, wrote a scathing song about the loss of her husband to Farrow titled: "Beware of Young Girls".

* Mia Farrow stated Frank Sinatra may be the father of her son Ronan. IF Frank Sinatra is really the father of Farrow's son, Ronan (born 12-19-87), then that would be during the time Sinatra was married to Barbara Marx (from 1976 to 1998/his death). So she admits doing it with a married man again. (I'm willing to bet there are more married men in her life.)

I think Mia Farrow has more weirdness in her life than Woody Allen does in his. Frankly, to me, the more I read about Mia Farrow the more normal Woody Allen sounds.

Along with some other posters here, I know of someone who had false memories. Shame on the adults who plant such things in a child's head.

In the end though, we won't ever know what did or did not happen.

Last edited by geebabe; 02-06-2014 at 01:42 PM..

Old 02-06-2014, 01:21 PM

335 posts, read 503,557 times
Yes, Allen is a child molester. This is obvious for several reasons.

Not the least of which is that a victim does not usually hold onto these memories for so many years if the abuse didn't happen - and particularly if she never received any justice.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:28 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
This is a man who when asked about his "relationship" with Soon Yi stated..."The heart wants what it wants"...Those six words are very telling look into his moral compass...and makes it more likely then not (in my book) Woody molested his daughter...

Old 02-06-2014, 01:31 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,429,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
I do. People usually do not make up stories like that. He also married his adopted daughter - disgusting.
Every bit as much as R. Kelly, centuries of Catholic priests or Michael Jackson...

Old 02-06-2014, 01:38 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
This is a man who when asked about his "relationship" with Soon Yi stated..."The heart wants what it wants"...Those six words are very telling look into his moral compass...and makes it more likely then not (in my book) Woody molested his daughter...

I don't derive that out of the quoted words...at all. In fact, I agree with Woody, 100%.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:54 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,925,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Hmm...those six words did it for you, huh?! I find that BIZARRE!

Old 02-06-2014, 01:56 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times
^^^ I like geebabe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events