Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 10:56 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I was not disagreeing with you, only adding to what you had said. Raised Catholic here too.
Ahh, I see. I misunderstood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 11:22 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,634,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Do you also believe we should look at which demographics commit the most murders and rapes and imprison everyone within that demographic?

No, no, no ... just put them on an island by themselves ... everyone is guilty by association !

Old 07-11-2014, 02:16 PM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
No, no, no ... just put them on an island by themselves ... everyone is guilty by association !
Send them to Australia.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:56 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Send them to Australia.
hmmmmm. I think that has already been done. Doubt they would fall for that twice.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:39 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,872,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
This is why religion should be banned, or at the very least contained on an island state to avoid spreading the virus of "faith".
Let me make this clear, he and his cohorts are NOT men of God, quite the opposite! People like this hijack Christianity, it's disgusting! I am saddened that their sentences weren't longer.

I hope the young man they abused is getting love and care.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:50 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
He may only get sentenced to 2 years in prison? And his cohorts only 1 year? Give me a break! People found in possession of drugs get more time. This justice system is so f**ed.
Chances are they exchanged a guaranteed, but lighter sentence for not re-traumatizing the victims by making them testify in the same room with his sorry self. He'll be on the registry for life and will be followed forever by ravening packs of people who hate him on principle. So things could be a lot worse.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:53 PM

112 posts, read 130,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
So this is the way this "christian pastor" disciplines kids!!! And during Bible study kid was forced to pinch his own nipples with pliers!!! And he worked at a home for troubled youth!!!
Sure he isn't representative of all christians but it is just this sort of story which puts conservative christians in a bad light.

Why any neighborhood would let cars line up and down their street for an inhome church is beyond me.

Christian Discipline? Church Pastor Abuses 13-Year-Old, Forces Him to Dig Own Grave | Alternet
I love that people still cling to this "troubled youth" label. I wonder why such kids might be troubled now, don't you? : smack:

Old 07-11-2014, 05:54 PM

112 posts, read 130,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Anything practiced routinely is religion. Satan is a religious being. We are contained on this planet. Let's make the best of it!

Crimes against children and animals should be punishable by death. Let's just purge the world of those types of scumbags. Eliminate those kinds of gene pools.
I like you

Old 07-11-2014, 06:01 PM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
hmmmmm. I think that has already been done. Doubt they would fall for that twice.
Naw, Aussies are easy to fool. They still go for the "look over there" routine. When they look, you sneak a bunch of Illegals in.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:03 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,872,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
They teach their children to obey clergy to begin with in tandem with the clergy themselves.
I am confused by your statements in this and other posts about Christianity and clergy. I really don't think one can make a blanket statement like this to say that all of Christianity requires its followers to be blindly obedient. It does, in fact, require followers to be on their guard for imposters (my word), and test their words. There are some religions that require blind obedience, but Christianity does not. And to say that parents are culpable for teaching their kids to obey clergy, cannot be said to be a requirement of Christianity. I will admit there have been some crazies over the years who have hijacked Christianity, and used it for their own perversions. But this doesn't make it Christianity, it makes it a tool of said hijackers. The same could be said of Islam. There are those who pervert it and use it to brainwash young men and turn them into terrorists. Yet, I know some Muslims who emit love and wouldn't hurt a fly.

My experience as a child in England in the Church of England and also the Unitarian Church there, was the opposite of what you state. I was treated with care and love. Just as I have been treated so in churches here I have visited over the years.

I am sorry if your interaction with a church or group has been something it should not have been. Please don't judge other believers and specifically Christians based on what you have seen so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events