Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 05:54 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,483,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
you are probably right but the fact that it is widely used in other countries and that 64k women would have never been lost, does that affect your opinion? not even a little bit?
I can't find anything about microchips in current use in humans that are used as tracking devices, anywhere. What countries are these?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 11:44 PM

21,532 posts, read 10,660,714 times
I've long thought it was a tragedy how little we hear about missing or murdered people in the black community. We don't even see it much on true crime shows such as 48 Hours or all the various shows on ID Channel. I have noticed there is an improvement of that lately, especially with shows like Cold Justice on TNT.

I've always assumed white people were more apt to go to the police and the media to make a big appeal, or put pressure on the police to follow up on these cases. Actually though, it seems to be an economic thing rather than a purely racial thing because a poor white family with a missing daughter is just as likely to have the police dismiss it as a runaway case or not give it high priority. Look at the oldest girl kidnapped and held for years by Ariel Castro in Cleveland. No one even knew who she was or recognized her because the police categorized her as a runaway and her mother gave up way too soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events