Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 09:21 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobaloba View Post
By the way, what this guy is writing is completely made-up. The limiting factor on lawsuits has always been that people detested a "victim mentality." There are areas of this country that are "lawsuit friendly" and others that are "lawsuit unfriendly" which have nothing to do with "corporations." Take a wild guess at what places are populated by people who view lawsuits as a lottery system. Lawyers don't "go out of business" if they bring bad lawsuits. In fact, it's to their benefit to bring bad lawsuits, on the hope that you'll hit a random jackpot jury populated by guys such as this poster, who view them as "justice." That's why we have warning signs about lotion being "external use only" or when you see commercial where a guy is flying in a car it says "do not attempt." Because guys like this are like "you know what, the corporations DIDN'T tell you about that, so you DO have a right to sue! That's what our legal system was founded on! Oh, and I'll be on the jury, so it'll be totally sweet." In fact, when people try to reform the system so that "loser pays" or there are any restraints on "non-meritorious and frivolous claims," guys like this get hysterical and start talking about how you're trying to suppress the rights of people. This vague claim of "sanctions and monetary penalties" is either wholly made-up or only exists to a limited extent due to people fighting against him tooth-and-nail for tort reform that he then casually takes credit for. What a farce.
Oh baloney. You make exotic statements that you don't support with any kind of authority. How would you know any of this? Is this something you heard watching Fox News and reading the Wall Street Journal?

Guess all of us are just supposed to take your opinion on "faith".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 09:26 PM

214 posts, read 206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Oh baloney. You make exotic statements that you don't support with any kind of authority. How would you know any of this? Is this something you heard watching Fox News and reading the Wall Street Journal?

Guess all of us are just supposed to take your opinion on "faith".
Good rebuttal. You just said "Fox News" and then it's case closed, eh? LOL.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:57 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
Quote:
Good rebuttal. You just said "Fox News" and then it's case closed, eh? LOL.
You still haven't given a single source to support your allegations. Until you do, I have the right to insert Fox News and the Wall Street Journal.

BTW, "loser-pay" is a horrible idea. No middle class or poor person could take the chance of filing any lawsuit with such a rule in place. If some crazy jury or judge ruled against them, they could lose everything they have. Corporate America would love a rule like that. And, it won't ever get it either, because most people are smart enough to see that.

Old 08-05-2014, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
You still haven't given a single source to support your allegations. Until you do, I have the right to insert Fox News and the Wall Street Journal.

BTW, "loser-pay" is a horrible idea. No middle class or poor person could take the chance of filing any lawsuit with such a rule in place. If some crazy jury or judge ruled against them, they could lose everything they have. Corporate America would love a rule like that. And, it won't ever get it either, because most people are smart enough to see that.
By the way, I looked at your post and didn't see any sources, so I guess I should have said "Daily Kos," right? LOL.

The fact is, you can keep writing about how I'm wrong and everyone else here knows you're making up stuff because they know that if tens of millions of people are on disability, it's not because "most people are legitimately disabled." It's the opposite, where maybe 1% of those people are disabled and the rest are just free-loading off the system that you guys create with this bleeding-heart mentality. Everyone else here on this forum knows that if we started randomly visiting homes of people who were "unable to feed themselves," we'd just find people sitting around on the couch and watching television, in most cases. Everyone knows that the reason we couldn't deport this guy who was suing everyone is because people such as you don't want them deported and could care less if they were. Proof? Well, we know I'D kick that guy out in a second and if you claim that YOU would, that means that everyone agrees he should get the boot -- but it still takes two decades to do it. Gee, I wonder why?

Then you turn right around after claiming that I'm making up everything and immediately validate what I said when you start complaining about ACTUAL penalties for bad lawsuits. Why, what's wrong? I thought you just educated us all on how the system prevented bad lawsuits and that there are almost none because the system penalizes lawyers. LOL.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:32 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Quote:
Yeah, actually, that is the answer. You see, the same people such as yourself who say "this was just a non-representative case" are the reason we got here. He's actually not a "non-representative" case. He's completely representative. People talk vaguely about the people who "legitimately" need the system, but that's just a farce. There are millions of people who don't work and still have no problem surviving, for example, and we're to believe that almost all of them are "legitimate"? So all of a sudden nobody in our country knows how to even obtain basic necessities like food? When did that happen?
In welfare and the legal system there is no "vagueness" about people who legitimately need the system. You are the one who cherry picked one individual to talk about because it suits your narrative.

Quote:
The reason we have people like the guy in the news story is because people such as you keep making excuses for why their behavior is OK. Which is why we have the system that this guy can take advantage of.
Liar. I did no such thing.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:34 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
By the way, I looked at your post and didn't see any sources, so I guess I should have said "Daily Kos," right? LOL.

The fact is, you can keep writing about how I'm wrong and everyone else here knows you're making up stuff because they know that if tens of millions of people are on disability, it's not because "most people are legitimately disabled." It's the opposite, where maybe 1% of those people are disabled and the rest are just free-loading off the system that you guys create with this bleeding-heart mentality. Everyone else here on this forum knows that if we started randomly visiting homes of people who were "unable to feed themselves," we'd just find people sitting around on the couch and watching television, in most cases. Everyone knows that the reason we couldn't deport this guy who was suing everyone is because people such as you don't want them deported and could care less if they were. Proof? Well, we know I'D kick that guy out in a second and if you claim that YOU would, that means that everyone agrees he should get the boot -- but it still takes two decades to do it. Gee, I wonder why?

Then you turn right around after claiming that I'm making up everything and immediately validate what I said when you start complaining about ACTUAL penalties for bad lawsuits. Why, what's wrong? I thought you just educated us all on how the system prevented bad lawsuits and that there are almost none because the system penalizes lawyers. LOL.
Who here applauds those people? Who here things people who abuse the system are just grand? No one. Nice assumption. Fail.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Who here applauds those people? Who here things people who abuse the system are just grand? No one. Nice assumption. Fail.
All of the people who keep repping me. You lose, owned.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:04 PM

Oh, by the way, you can respond "well, I know thousands of forum members who disagree," and all that will do is prove my point even more.

The more you argue FOR the current system and whine about how almost everyone on food stamps, disability, here illegally, suing people, and so on are "legitimate," the more you prove that this illegal guy here on food stamps, disability, and suing people is a product of YOUR side. The liberal side. The end.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:48 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simbared View Post
A notorious serial plaintiff, convicted felon and undocumented immigrant has finally been deported back to Mexico. He filed more than 800 lawsuits against businesses in the Los Angeles area for alleged violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act. He hasn't worked since he fell out of a tree while he was drinking and high on cocaine about 18 years ago.

Investigation: Serial plaintiff Alfredo Garcia who filed 800+ lawsuits in LA deported to Mexico | abc7.com
And why isn't his lawyer in Jail?

Old 08-06-2014, 08:41 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
All of the people who keep repping me. You lose, owned.
A predictable 3 year old response. Congratulations on being immature. Now, how about you grow up & admit that no one is condoning the actions of people like that, hm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events