Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 06:51 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,744,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Her name aint even Hispanic, it's Portigiese
There are some folks who consider Portugese to be Hispanic...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 07:11 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
There are some folks who consider Portugese to be Hispanic...
I might be going out on a limb but Im guessing that these types of people did not graduate from Yale

Old 09-05-2014, 07:18 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,744,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I might be going out on a limb. Im guessing that these types of people did not graduate from Yale
By chance, are you Portugese?

Old 09-05-2014, 07:48 PM

701 posts, read 1,097,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Think maybe she meant to do this?
I don't know, but it does seem a tiny bit odd. If she had an engine that leaked carbon monoxide, I'm guessing the mechanic would have alerted her to this dangerous condition and told her to get it fixed and not to drive with the windows closed. Then, even if it was hot and she wanted to keep the AC running, do you think someone who can barely afford gas would keep the engine running during a nap? Then, sure, Northern NJ is hot and humid, but it was the end of August, not the beginning, or July. Since she spoke five languages, she was obviously extremely intelligent, so it seems kind of odd that, assuming the mechanic alerted her, she couldn't understand the concept of "it is a bad idea to sit in an enclosed space with toxic gases." People used to kill themselves by putting a garden hose in the tailpipe and then putting the other end in the window and going to sleep, or closing the garage door. This is the same thing.

The leaky gas can in the car is kinda weird too. Northern NJ is very urban. It isn't like living out in the desert where you have to worry about running out of gas and being stranded, so I haven't known anyone who kept a spare gas can in the car. And then it's one of two states where you are not allowed to pump your own gas, so you'd have to ask an attendant to fill it for you.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:43 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,571,179 times
How do you work FOUR jobs?

Bilocation?

Anyway, sorry for her and her family. May she have found peace...

Old 09-06-2014, 03:23 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
♫ Proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free (to work four jobs and die in my car) ♫

Old 09-06-2014, 05:50 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,277,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
How do you work FOUR jobs?

Bilocation?

Anyway, sorry for her and her family. May she have found peace...
One job, but pulled shifts at four different stores. Dunkin Donuts.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:56 AM
g89

126 posts, read 179,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdemak View Post
She should have just got pregnant had kids, and let the system pay for her, that way she would be rewarded for bad decisions, vs dieing trying to make nothing. I was in Save-A-Lot yesterday, and I forget it was the beginning of the month, seeing everyone with stacked carts who could never buy the food themselves (Food stamps/welfare) . Instead they do what I said above. I'm tired of my taxes going towards white trash, illegals, and minorities, when a hard worker like this girl dies trying to play by the rules.
I am a minority....graduated university on academic scholarships and federal government loans. Worked my butt off to get to where I'm at today 2 years after school in Enterprise Software/Supply Chain management consulting
Your post sounds so disgusting....
white people...not all white people...just white trash
minorities....all minorities....

Old 09-06-2014, 06:00 AM
g89

126 posts, read 179,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I read statements like that all the time here. Would it kill you to look at some facts about how "your taxes" are actually spent?

IN FACT, anywhere from 21% to MORE THAN HALF of Federal taxes collected from the public has gone to the U.S. military every year since our adventures in the Middle East began. That does NOT count veterans benefits, which account for another 5% of Federal spending. Other categories that also get about 5% each apportioned to them are education, Medicare, Social Security, and the cost of running the government.

Categories getting less than 5% each include: energy and the environment (combined), agriculture subsidies, transportation, science and research, international affairs (only 0.7% of that total goes to direct foreign aid, according to Oxfam America).

So, how much of "your tax dollars" go to the non-working poor? That also adds to about 5% of the Federal budget. The two largest programs in that category are SNAP (what many people call food stamps, even though they haven't been food stamps for many years) and Medicaid (healthcare for unemployed adults). The other programs that are part of that 5% are CHIP (health insurance for poor children), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, school lunches for poor children, WIC (milk and other necessities for poor women with babies), the Low Income Energy Assistance, and various rental assistance programs.

If you'd like to see a pie chart that backs up what I'm saying and shows specifically what the Obama Administration is proposing for 2015 in terms of discretionary spending , go to the website of the National Priorities Project and click on the link "discretionary spending." BTW, discretionary spending is what is actually voted on by Congress every year, which varies from the "mandatory" spending (things the government is already required to spend by existing laws). The discretionary pie chart is actually a better picture of what REALLY happens, not what is supposed to happen.
https://www.nationalpriorities.org/

In summary, for every dollar you send to the Federal government, five cents of it is going to the non-working poor you charmingly call "white trash, illegals, and minorities." So, if we stop giving them anything and let them survive on the streets as they do in many third-world countries, you probably would be able to afford a nice dinner in a fancy restaurant.

LOVE this posts....

Old 09-06-2014, 07:10 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Actually, no, she was born in Portugal and immigrated to the US. Not sure how that is relevant one way or another.
Actually, no,
Quote:
Fernandes was born in Massachusetts, but at about age nine, moved to Portugal with her parents.
Funeral service set for N.J. woman who died napping in her car between jobs | NJ.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events