Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 01:24 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
I was in a meeting when someone mentioned this. I said "I hope he doesn't get another pro football job, since he's obviously not the kind of person kids should be looking up to." Someone in the meeting then said "Michael Vick got one."

It's a tough comparison to me. On the one hand he punched his fiance/girlfriend/wife. On the other he allowed the brutal treatment and mauling of several animals... I don't know.
I dunno...both were acts of violence by a well conditioned athlete against an unprotected living being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 01:39 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,141,697 times
That was pretty brutal. I agree a woman shouldn't hit a man but I don't see where she punched him. I see a half hearted smack before they entered the elevator. He punched her first, she went after him and that is when he knocked her out cold. A punch like that could kill a person. What really surprised me more than anything was the total lack of regard after she was knocked out. He picks her up and drops her twice inside the elevator, then drags her out face down, drops her, kicks her leg while picking up her shoe, and then picks her up again to drop her. It was like she was a bag of garbage. Why in the hell she married him after that is beyond me. I'd hate to think of what he would do to her now.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:05 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,037 times
If there was no video, Ray Rice would have played Sunday believe that.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:15 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default Rice is a repulsive figure

He needs to be banned from humanity. Ray Rice is sub-human, the poster boy for supreme ignorance. He needs to be banned from the NFL, and all of sports, before disappearing never to be seen or heard from again.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:20 PM

692 posts, read 1,004,545 times
Not excusing any bad/illegal/immoral behavior by any athlete, but 3 big differences I see with Vick and Rice are:

1) Rice was caught on video. Vick IIRC was all verbal admissions.
2) Vick was actually convicted and went to jail, paid fines and did community service as far as we know has kept his nose clean. So far Rice was given court ordered counseling and quickly married his victim seemingly as a legal maneuver.
3) Time and progress. Vick's stuff occurred coming up on a decade ago. The NFL mindset was a bit different then. Had it happened today he'd have no doubt been banned.

Quote:
Why in the hell she married him after that is beyond me
$$, fear, perks of being a baller wife, $$$$, father of her child, $$$$$, unlikely to earn that kind of $$$$$$$ herself, fear, did I say $$$$$$ already? Rice was pulling in c. $7M per year until today. Even after taxes and agents and managers take their cut that's not a bad sum to live on.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:29 PM

11,367 posts, read 9,279,717 times
The orginal 2 game suspension was outrageous. The Ravens did the right thing.

Brutal and very violent sport that I want no part of.

The worst part of this, IMO, is the fact she still married the thug.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:35 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
This punk is one of the reasons I stopped watching football... too many "thug life" punks playing the game, making millions of dollars throwing a ball around, and talking like they have a 4th grade education. Throw in the gangsta mentality on many of the players, ridiculous names (ie Ocho Cinco), and showboating, and I called it quits. The sport has become the PTL, aka Professional Thug League. Too many bozos with too little brain cells making too much money, just to become ingrateful, loud-mouthed, egotistical, women-beating, murdering buttheads.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:43 PM

19,436 posts, read 27,827,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Both are POS, no need to wonder if the comparison is valid or not.
Sorry that I'm unable to rep you. Evidently, I've done it too many times over on the Travel board.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:00 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
So, the same team that let murderer Ray Lewis continue on cut Rice?

Don't get me wrong, I think they did the right thing by cutting Rice, but it just seems odd since they honored Lewis.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:01 PM

24,476 posts, read 17,215,678 times
Posters have been comparing Michael Vick to Ray Rice but remember Vick paid a price, he went to jail for what he did and his talent brought him back to play. He did his time now back to business. We can choose to forgive him or not but his name will always be stained.
I'm glad the NFL suspended Rice. So many kids look up to these clowns and their show boat antics on and off the field that it is wrong when one of them commits a crime and doesn't get punished.
Look at AAron Hernadez he is up for murder. It is pretty sad when these guys have the talent and ability to earn millions that could do so much for their families and they can't stop being "The THUG" Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events