Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 03:05 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,746,539 times

Advertisements

I may as well post public enemy #1 in Baltimore (well, next to Peter Angelos anyways) here:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 05:19 PM

26,678 posts, read 41,512,884 times
Default Derrick Mason retires after 12 years

Baltimore Ravens WR Derrick Mason calls it quits after 12 years - ESPN

Quote:
Emotionally I am just not that enthused. I have not been that enthused to get up and work out ... it was getting to that point.
McNair's death likely bought this about.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:25 AM

18,136 posts, read 25,669,029 times
I tend to agree with Alanboy 395. Derrick has had a very productive career, and as of now has 790 receptions. I do know he has had some shoulder surgery over the off season. At 35, one would think he still has a few productive seasons left.

But virtually his career has been intertwined with Steve McNair as Derrick hooked up with Tennessee in 1997. And became good friends with Steve. I would respect his decision but would probably be a bit saddened by it. His is a position I don't think any of us would want to be in.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:30 AM

18,136 posts, read 25,669,029 times
I was listening to ESPN radio last night and heard that Derrick Mason has un-retired. He reported back to the Baltmore Ravens training camp yesterday.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:21 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,491,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I may as well post public enemy #1 in Baltimore (well, next to Peter Angelos anyways) here:

Cleveland Browns Move to Baltimore Revisited | Cleveland Leader

Cleveland Browns Move to Baltimore Revisited

Submitted by Eugmc on September 24, 2007 - 12:09pm.
Each week here at the Cleveland Leader we have spotlighted Cleveland Browns' history. Today we will look at something that will most likely ruffle some feathers. Art Modell, who transcended the National Football League into the television behemoth that it is today, deserves to be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It is shameful that he has been shunned. One of the main culprits that has Modell on the outside looking in to the Hall of Fame doors is the Cleveland media, which have been blatantly unfair in how they represented the facts of the Browns franchise move to Baltimore.
In these parts, Art Modell is regarded somewhere between Saddam Hussein and the Devil himself. The truth of the matter is that it wasn't Modell who single-handedly blindsided the city of Cleveland and abruptly moved, as revisionist history would make you believe. The Browns were in desperate financial trouble and Modell clearly stated the facts before he announced his departure to Baltimore.

I worked for the Cleveland Browns in the 1995 season and will never forget an interview that Modell gave to Cleveland media. I was standing about 5 feet away, when Modell clearly stated that "all options were on the table" regarding the Browns. Everyone there knew what he meant. He was saying, in a public forum, that the Browns move could be imminent. In the interview he also stated his displeasure with then-Mayor Michael White and stated that he wasn't being offered a fair deal considering the city had built a stadium for the Cleveland Indians and an arena for the Cleveland Cavaliers. The next day I picked up the Plain Dealer to see what they would say about Modell's interview. Nothing was mentioned. Zip, Zero, Zilch.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:41 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,779,326 times
Default "Quote the Ravens..." : Official Baltimore Ravens Thread

Just to round out the last team in the NFL without an official thread, here are the Baltimore Ravens.

Last year, the B-more Birds made it to the AFC title game, but came up short. With one of the best defenses in the NFL, will the Ravens raise the Lombardi Trophy for a second time.

The season kicks off with the Chiefs next Sunday

Old 09-05-2009, 05:48 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,442,144 times
The Ravens are to the 00's what the Oilers were to the 70's - The talented team that could probably win it all - If they could just get past the Pittsburgh Stelers.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:29 AM

723 posts, read 1,628,841 times
The Ravens passed the big hurdle. Getting past Brian Billick. Last season showed what a difference in leadership can bring. With Flacco another year in, I am hoping for the Ravens to surpass what they acomplished last season.

Now, can we finally get past all of the Indianapolis/Cleveland crap? Our team is the Baltimore Ravens! Say it with me.

Baltimore Ravens!

Old 09-13-2009, 06:10 PM

723 posts, read 1,628,841 times
Week 1

KC puts up a good fight and takes advantage of the few opportunities they have and are tied with the Ravens 24-24 with a little over 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter, even though, the Ravens had close to, and would finish the game with over 500 offensive yards.

Flacco then threw a TD pass to Clayton, and the defense was able to force a turnover on downs, then on a 4th and goal from the 1, with 1 minute left, McGahee ran it in to give the Ravens a 2 TD lead.

Flacco compleded 26 passes for 307 yards and 3 TDS, with 1 INT. The Ravens combined for 200 rushing yards. A missed Ravens field goal, a blocked punt for a TD, and a good INT return, in addition to a 53 yard field goal for their rookie kicker's first pro kick, kept the Chiefs in the game until late in the 4th quarter.

Final Score
Ravens 38
Chiefs 24

Ravens Record
1-0

Tied for first place in division

Go Ravens!!!

Old 09-13-2009, 06:52 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,376,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
The Ravens are to the 00's what the Oilers were to the 70's - The talented team that could probably win it all - If they could just get past the Pittsburgh Stelers.
Even though I would not give up any wins over the Oilers... I've always had a lot of respect for that team and in a way felt bad that they were in our division. That respect has carried on to the Titans and Fisher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football