Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2014, 06:54 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Do your own research.

Do you have anything relevant to the case?
Back up your stance.

Old 09-18-2014, 06:56 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Darren Wilson, Officer Who Shot Michael Brown, Testifies In Front Of Grand Jury: Report

Old 09-18-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Back up your stance.
And who are you

Stay on topic. Like I said, if you want to start threads on those issues I'd be glad to contribute.

I'm not going to be your guide to the world just because you stayed holed up miles away from the outside world. With no black people.

Maybe you should get out more.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
And who are you

Stay on topic. Like I said, if you want to start threads on those issues I'd be glad to contribute.

I'm not going to be your guide to the world just because you stayed holed up miles away from the outside world. With no black people.

Maybe you should get out more.
So.....you can not back up your claim.

No problem.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:05 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
So, tell me if you were in his position would you take that chance? If he really thought that he did something wrong why would he open himself up to questioning before he had to? Why would he take a chance on going to jail for the rest of his life?
Nope, not me. I wouldn't do it whether I thought I'd done something wrong or not. But I'm not a cop, and so don't have that little extra believability in the public's eye. Granted, thanks to citizens recording video of bad actors among the police forces, that believability might be a bit reduced. You'd never know it from threads on C-D, though.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
So.....you can not back up your claim.

No problem.
No need to backup common knowledge to the general public. Your the only one here clueless. I'm not your personal encyclopedia. I do what I want.

If you want to find out the information you'll research it. There's currently a thread in the P&OC section about Police issues. I'd be happy to discuss the issue there.

Have you found a witness backing up officer Wilson's story? It's been about a week now and you still haven't produced anything.

But nice deflection from the thread.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:19 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Quote:
There's already been multiple autopsies performed to my knowledge. We found out how many times he was shot, where he was shot, etc.

He had 4 shots to his right arm and 2 head shots.

There is no video footage of the actual shooting, but there is video footage of the scene right after the incident. You can see officer Wilson pacing back and forth in that footage.

Since when did witness testimony become unreliable? To my knowledge that is up to the judge or jury to decide.

I'm going to do a little research on witness testimony. Here's an article on a ruling about witness testimony.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/12/us...ions.html?_r=0

From my understanding it is accurate identification that is the biggest hangup with eye witness testimony. Not the broad facts of what happened. That argument would not apply here IMO.
Tell that to the many men and women who have been wrongfully convicted based on eyewitness testimony. Which is why some of the eyewitness' said that he was shot in the back. People are fallible. I would never convict someone based on an eyewitness testimony without enough physical evidence to back it up.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Tell that to the many men and women who have been wrongfully convicted based on eyewitness testimony. Which is why some of the eyewitness' said that he was shot in the back. People are fallible. I would never convict someone based on an eyewitness testimony without enough physical evidence to back it up.
I specifically stated accurate identification (identifying a suspect) is the biggest flaw of eye witness testimony. Along with insignificant details most people don't remember.

However, that is much different than remembering whether Brown was being chased and shot at. Whether he was surrendering when he was shot. Whether Brown punched officer Wilson.

Completely different.

And saying he was shot in the back and shot at while he was fleeing is a minor detail that doesn't take away the fact that he was not a threat if that was the case.

We also have video evidence, confirmed by the witnesses, of what happened IMMEDIATELY after Brown was executed.

What evidence is there so far clearing Wilson?

Old 09-18-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:

What evidence is there so far clearing Wilson?
Per MO state law much has not been released yet.

Of couse, you know that.

And yes,......there is a chance there is no evidence to clear Wilson.

Again.......we all will just have to wait.

I sense you are in a hurry........why?

Wilson is not going to flee........where would he hide???

Old 09-18-2014, 09:00 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
Quote:
DW appeared before the grand jury for 4 hours. He was not obligated to do so. That says to me that he has nothing to hide.
Quote:
So, tell me if you were in his position would you take that chance? If he really thought that he did something wrong why would he open himself up to questioning before he had to? Why would he take a chance on going to jail for the rest of his life?
Quote:
Well he had his friend call in to give his version of events before he had to release a statement. Maybe he's doing it for good PR.

Apparently its worked on some.

All I want to know is facts. He could go to church every day between now and the grand jury reaching a decision and if the witnesses are correct he still deserves to be locked up.
Can't answer my question, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events