Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2014, 07:14 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,330,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Hmmmm, is the mayor of THAT city "responsible" for the people that guy murdered??
If he made the same comments as DeBlasio and Sharpton, then yes. I don't recall the PA mayor saying that white people needed to go out and kill people. Sharpton has done this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 07:15 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,987,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
You seriously have issues. Who in their right mind will celebrate the loss of lives? Who? No one is happy to see cops killed, especially innocent cops that are sitting in a car on duty. The same outrage showed during the murder of a dude selling cigarettes is the very same outrage being displayed by the same people...only this time the hypocracy of the NYPDs sudden compassion for life is making people focus more on their reaction; to the loss of life in a uniform to that of some poor citizen that has to resort to selling cigarettes to survive. It's disgusting. My heart goes out to the 13 yrs old kid, little Ramos and Mrs Liu ...their families for their losses; just as it did for Garner, Brown, Martin et al. Life is life regardless of what piece of clothing the body is covered in.
The police murdered were doing their jobs, as you stated.
Garner, was defying a reasonable police order.
Brown was shown to have attacked an officer. (you weren't there, neither were I, but I bet the jury knows more than both of us combined...)
Martin attacked Zimmerman (again, see above if you want to argue about it), and it wasn't a police/civilian interaction, even. Why bring it up?

Who are the only people on this list who were conducting lawful activity at the time they died...? That's right. The two main subjects of this very thread. Lumping them in with dead criminals is poor taste.

Old 12-20-2014, 07:16 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,025,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Ummm...yeah, it's true.

Cuomo & de Blasio torn between church dinner, Sharpton

Quote:
De Blasio quickly changed out of his formal duds and dashed over to Sharpton’s party as soon as the New York Archdiocese’s Smith dinner ended, hailing Rev. Al as “a blessing for this city.”
You just can't see the forest for the trees, it seems.
I'm. Freaking. Speechless.

I had no idea. NONE!!!

Old 12-20-2014, 07:17 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,330,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsui View Post
Bunch of Irish Italian thugs from Long Island and Westchester using public funds to hire their aunts uncles etc in a world with 60% youth unemployment. A whitwashed way to steal from the poor (from self professed Catholics no less rofl).
Ah, racism...

The NYPD is majority nonwhite, and majority NYC residents. A huge proportion of the NYPD is Hispanic and Asian. A majority of commanding officers are nonwhite too. The two victims today were nonwhite.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your diatribe. Please continue...

Old 12-20-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I'm. Freaking. Speechless.

I had no idea. NONE!!!
Yeah, I understood that about you from your first post. I really think you mean well, but you strike me as someone who would say that a lot if you got into police work. I am not in LE, but I do deal a lot with drunks and other violent people in the healthcare system, and I promise you, you have a lot to learn about the use of force and reasoning with people and so on.

Old 12-20-2014, 07:20 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,904 times
Quote:
The police murdered were doing their jobs, as you stated.
Garner, was defying a reasonable police order.
Brown was shown to have attacked an officer. (you weren't there, neither were I, but I bet the jury knows more than both of us combined...)
Martin attacked Zimmerman (again, see above if you want to argue about it), and it wasn't a police/civilian interaction, even. Why bring it up?

Who are the only people on this list who were conducting lawful activity at the time they died...? That's right. The two main subjects of this very thread. Lumping them in with dead criminals is poor taste.
We have the judicial system in place to prosecute people that break the law. There lots of ways an officer can employ to apprehend someone that isn't adhering to orders. Anyone that sees nothing wrong with the the cold murder of a cigarette hawker is an imbecile and doesn't deserve a response. Get off my posts and stop responding to me

Old 12-20-2014, 07:22 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,155,658 times
Quote:
You seriously have issues. Who in their right mind will celebrate the loss of lives? Who? No one is happy to see cops killed, especially innocent cops that are sitting in a car on duty. The same outrage showed during the murder of a dude selling cigarettes is the very same outrage being displayed by the same people...only this time the hypocracy of the NYPDs sudden compassion for life is making people focus more on their reaction; to the loss of life in a uniform to that of some poor citizen that has to resort to selling cigarettes to survive. It's disgusting. My heart goes out to the 13 yrs old kid, little Ramos and Mrs Liu ...their families for their losses; just as it did for Garner, Brown, Martin et al. Life is life regardless of what piece of clothing the body is covered in.
I wish just ONCE..these "victims" were not brandishing guns...committing crime..resisting arrest.
Yet you compare that to 2 cops getting executed.

Apples meet oranges. Now lets compare and make it all equal.

Quote:
We have the judicial system in place to prosecute people that break the law. There lots of ways an officer can employ to apprehend someone that isn't adhering to orders. Anyone that sees nothing wrong with the the cold murder of a cigarette hawker is an imbecile and doesn't deserve a response. Get off my posts and stop responding to me
A reasonable person would not have thought that the actions of the officer would result in the death of Garner. Further, it was shown that the anatomy of garner affected by the officer was undamaged. Also, it's an open forum, suck it up buttercup.

21,830 posts, read 25,114,712 times
Quote:
Exactly. It can't be helped if a certain ethnicity happens to do more suspicious things than another, and gets stopped for it accordingly. Oh, well. Pooh.
Actually, it had to do with where stop and frisk was used which was basically the same in both LA and NYC. They get used far more often in high-crime neighborhoods, which happen to also be neighborhoods where minorities are more likely to live. The top 10 stop and frisk precincts basically were the highest crime ones.

"A 27-year-old barbershop manager said a plainclothes cop frisked him in Grand Ferry Park after spotting him rolling a marijuana joint under an umbrella as he sat with his ex-girlfriend in the rain.

The manager, who asked not to be identified, said he confessed to having the drug, was patted down, and walked away with no summons.

“I had a bright pink shirt on that day,” the manager said. “I was an easy target.”
*Young white men say stop & frisk targets - NY Daily News

You can't make that stuff up

Old 12-20-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Actually, it had to do with where stop and frisk was used which was basically the same in both LA and NYC. They get used far more often in high-crime neighborhoods, which happen to also be neighborhoods where minorities are more likely to live. The top 10 stop and frisk precincts basically were the highest crime ones.

"A 27-year-old barbershop manager said a plainclothes cop frisked him in Grand Ferry Park after spotting him rolling a marijuana joint under an umbrella as he sat with his ex-girlfriend in the rain.

The manager, who asked not to be identified, said he confessed to having the drug, was patted down, and walked away with no summons.

“I had a bright pink shirt on that day,” the manager said. “I was an easy target.”
*Young white men say stop & frisk targets - NY Daily News

You can't make that stuff up
LOL, and yes, you send the police where the crime is, logically. Somehow, people think that's racist...nah, it's "crimeist", lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events