Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 01:15 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,987,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
That didn't take long. Post 129 to 132 and then some. Marilyn, you need to start facing reality. Who causes the most crime? Blacks. Who riot, burn and rob the most? Blacks. Sorry, but that is reality.

I'm up to page 14 so far but had to finally respond to marilyn. I SMH at every response.
This is the uncomfortable reality, at least as it relates to violent crime.

Lets change things around...lets say that I am out buying a car.

Okay, what's one of the first stops? Consumer Reports or similar, right?

So I pick up consumer reports, and I see that (let's call it Manufacturer A, or "A" for short) A makes up 13% of the vehicles on the road in America today. Further, A makes up roughly 50% of the vehicles that require towing to a dealer because it broke down on the side of the road.

Does this mean that all vehcles by A are going to break? No. Certainly not. Does it even mean a majority of them will break? Nope.

However, when I go to buy my car, why the hell would my first stop be a lot that is only selling "A"?

Noone would fault me for it. The company would likely rapidly go out of business.

But that is what officers are faced with every day. 50% of murders roughly being committed by 13% of the population. Would you call this officer an intelligent human being who plans to go on living if he were no-more suspicious of this sub-set of the population than the next?

If it were a car or something, it would be common sense. But since egos and feel-goods and social agenda is thrown into the equation, it's "racial profiling" and "hate" and "racism".

So, lets say you are an officer...you know the numbers. Now it's YOUR ass in a sling...who you gonna be looking at twice?

Last edited by JWG223; 12-21-2014 at 01:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 01:17 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,582,897 times
so now that those DISGUSTING PROTESTORS GOT THEIR WISH to get even, now are the gonna stop protesting, looting, and burning their neighborhoods and chimping out all over America?

Now is someone going to get even with the thugs who killed two cops ?? When will this end?

Stupid idiots

I swear, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes so reminds me of today.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:28 PM

542 posts, read 1,682,780 times
Return of the Planet of the Apes

Old 12-21-2014, 01:56 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,429,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
This is the uncomfortable reality, at least as it relates to violent crime.

Lets change things around...lets say that I am out buying a car.

Okay, what's one of the first stops? Consumer Reports or similar, right?

So I pick up consumer reports, and I see that (let's call it Manufacturer A, or "A" for short) A makes up 13% of the vehicles on the road in America today. Further, A makes up roughly 50% of the vehicles that require towing to a dealer because it broke down on the side of the road.

Does this mean that all vehcles by A are going to break? No. Certainly not. Does it even mean a majority of them will break? Nope.

However, when I go to buy my car, why the hell would my first stop be a lot that is only selling "A"?

Noone would fault me for it. The company would likely rapidly go out of business.

But that is what officers are faced with every day. 50% of murders roughly being committed by 13% of the population. Would you call this officer an intelligent human being who plans to go on living if he were no-more suspicious of this sub-set of the population than the next?

If it were a car or something, it would be common sense. But since egos and feel-goods and social agenda is thrown into the equation, it's "racial profiling" and "hate" and "racism".

So, lets say you are an officer...you know the numbers. Now it's YOUR ass in a sling...who you gonna be looking at twice?
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JWG223 again."

Very well said!

Old 12-21-2014, 02:06 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,035,099 times
Flippin delusional wx. The entire police force turned their backs on a POS mayor because that's THEIR way of PROTEST. Not rioting, not looting & burning. They are not spitting in deBlahblah's face (which would be so understandable); they aren't throwing things. Their silent dismissal speaks volumes...as it should. Childish? Hardly.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:07 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,987,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
The officer didn't know it was a toy gun. If he were to have been shot by a real gun, he could be just as dead as if it were an adult who shot him. Twelve years is old enough to know not to point a real-looking gun at police. I'd like to know if you would really less protective of your life if you were in the officer's shoes.
He would and he'd be dead, or he'd be like these yahoos that police have given the chance to go through their no-shoot drills who shoot every damn person they see in the scenario.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_s63oCwhJo

Old 12-21-2014, 02:10 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,429,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
Flippin delusional wx. The entire police force turned their backs on a POS mayor because that's THEIR way of PROTEST. Not rioting, not looting & burning. They are not spitting in deBlahblah's face (which would be so understandable); they aren't throwing things. Their silent dismissal speaks volumes...as it should. Childish? Hardly.
Yep!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKueC2o0mkI

Old 12-21-2014, 02:25 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Except they weren't. Everything you mentioned was a huge news event, for obvious reasons.

Do you need us to tell you the reasons why the two greatest schools massacres in history are more newsworthy than other killings, or why a months-long sniper manhunt was more newsworthy than other killings?

Yes, it is par for the course. This happens every day in America. But Sandy Hook doesn't happen every day, hence the difference. Cop executions don't happen every day, hence the difference.

Nice strawman, but no one downplayed it. You were the one who brought it up, and complained that it wasn't as receiving as many posts as race-based assassinations of cops. If you personally feel that this Pennsylvania murder, which was a major headline all across America, is not receiving enough comments, then go post 1000 comments so you feel better about yourself.

Aha, I get it, the black panthers are not an organization concerned with race, correct? The recent tension over police incidents has nothing to do with race, correct? And the fact that a black panther killed two non-blacks is entirely coincidental, is that your claim?

Apparently the black panthers are called as such because of their animal rights advocacy for the dwindling panther population in subtropical climes. Has nothing at all to do with race. Who knew?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post
Black people are their own worst enemy. Feeling sorry for them is not going to help[ them.
I, for the last time, wasn't complaining, I was making an observation. What part of that are you not getting ? Is it that hard to understand that ? And no matter how you try to normalize it, there's no way in hell killing 6 family members in a premeditated killing spree by a former member of the military is just another day. No one in their right mind believes that.

Maybe if you articulated your post better, there wouldn't have been any confusion on it, as I wasn't the only poster to note that. Because the officers that were killed were Asian and Hispanic, your post made it sound like they were killed because of their race, which has been debated.

Quote:
I also am not sure where you're getting this race-based idea, unless you're talking about the recent deaths of Black men at the hands of officers, and not the race of the officers killed.
And all I did was ask for clarification, so instead of being a smart, try making your posts a bit clearer.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:29 PM

621 posts, read 982,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Fact: He was in a park/community center pointing a weapon at people. Said weapon also happened to look like the firearm it was modeled after. No one disputes that he was 12. A 12-year-old is perfectly capable of killing. It's a bad idea to go to a park and wave a toy gun around. It's an even worse idea to wave a real weapon around that looks identical to a firearm at anything but a very close inspection.
Check the video. Cop pulls up. Two seconds later, kid is gunned down. For playing with a toy while we have multiple instances of cops coaxing adults to lay down their weapons. Guess the difference between this kid (who died) and the others (who lived).

Old 12-21-2014, 02:35 PM

621 posts, read 982,047 times
Taking a risky low paid job is bad enough but to be killed like this is horrid. Condolences to the families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events