Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 07:23 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,503,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
What's going to happen you think? A great artist and philosopher will debate them out of it?
Exactly. The veiled threat of violence contained within the overused "I dare you to stand on a street corner in _______ and say it" retort does nothing but reinforce the stereotype of violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 07:32 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,055,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
What's going to happen you think? A great artist and philosopher will debate them out of it?
It's the same reason I would not go into a redneck, white, cracker, neighborhood and tell those people they are ignorant white trash.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:36 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,055,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Exactly. The veiled threat of violence contained within the overused "I dare you to stand on a street corner in _______ and say it" retort does nothing but reinforce the stereotype of violence.
All races commit violence.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
All races commit violence.
That's true. Irrelevant to this particular conversation, but true.

However, you never see people suggest that someone enter a white, Hispanic, Indian or Asian neighborhood and make a controversial statement in the same context as you yourself did on the previous page. Why is that? Because making a controversial statement to someone of other races is not nearly as often met with a violent outcome.

Facts are facts, whether you believe them or not.

Old 12-27-2014, 08:25 AM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
Quote:
It's the same reason I would not go into a redneck, white, cracker, neighborhood and tell those people they are ignorant white trash.
"cracker"?

Old 12-27-2014, 08:28 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Sorry, to burst anyone's bubble white people do crappy things to one another, it's part of human nature.
It is not the nature of civilized people to shoot each other over a pair of unnecessary overpriced clown shoes. You are trying, badly, to dismiss, badly, the criticism of these thugs by civilized people with an equivalence fallacy.

Old 12-27-2014, 08:53 AM

2,953 posts, read 992,401 times
Quote:
So sick of those who use black double standards when it comes to throwing around slurs. They make the N-word taboo, use it in every other sentence among themselves but they feel completely free to insult rural white people by calling them crackers and rednecks. Yet another one of so many special privileges that too many black Americans demand.

What I see is that most of white America is fed up with the ever increasing demands for black special treatment in a way I didn't see 30 years ago. Wise up before the pendulum swings back on you.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:05 AM

24,469 posts, read 17,211,031 times
Such a stupid waste of 2 lives.
Why do all these protestors carry signs that say "Black lives matter" then the black lives don't mean a thing when it comes to black on black murder. It is all stupid and ignorant.

Black people as a community really need to take a close look at themselves and smarten up because they are really taking a giant step backwards while reinforcing the negative stereotypes that not only whites associate with them.

I thought the election of Barack Obama was a positive step forward but I guess not.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:07 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
A popular sign off on a notorious website I used to visit was as follows:

Meet me on the corner of Fourth and Minna. Bring a baggie for your teef.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
A popular sign off on a notorious website I used to visit was as follows:

Meet me on the corner of Fourth and Minna. Bring a baggie for your teef.
Heh! My office was on the 400 block of Minna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events