Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 06:02 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,502,433 times

Advertisements

Can this be for real? The only stories I can find on this are from reason.com, freethoughtproject, filmingcops, and other anti-cop sites. Can it be true and the media are completely ignoring it? I hope not....

More Police WTF: Alabama Man Shot, Killed by Police While Turning in Stray Cat - Hit & Run : Reason.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 12:25 AM

37,108 posts, read 41,277,178 times
More here from the Dothan newspaper.

Man killed by Dothan cop had violent past - Dothan Eagle: Crime Court

Sounds like another case of someone being unwilling to cooperate with the police and ending up dead. The "victim" was not a nice person.

As far as having to show ID, if I ran a shelter I would want to know the identity of someone dropping off an animal. The "stray" may have been stolen.

Old 01-05-2015, 04:43 AM

21,865 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Run a Google search on sovereign citizen if you really want your brain to hurt. There's been multiple high profile cases involving sovereign citizens across the country who have gotten to various stages in plots to kidnap and execute law enforcement officers. It's not all just crazies who want out of speeding tickets and think they don't have to pay taxes, although that's probably most of them.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:44 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
And...it also seems to me that those who got shot by the police tended to be very angry, or disobedient and have huge chips on their shoulders. If they can get so angry and violent with armed cops, imagine what they can potentially do with unarmed passerby, or their families, or their neighbors etc etc etc. I do not condone police brutality, but it also seems to me that the world is a very dangerous place for these folks in blue uniforms who keep the peace and enforce the law. They have families to live for too, and they have the right to defend their own safety on the line of duty.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:08 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Interesting... These "anti-cop" sites (probably liberal) aren't telling the whole story, yet many liberals dismiss news on conservative sites simply because of the site, without regard to an item's veracity.

So...Which sites are the real "Faux News?"

Old 01-05-2015, 07:37 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Interesting... These "anti-cop" sites (probably liberal) aren't telling the whole story, yet many liberals dismiss news on conservative sites simply because of the site, without regard to an item's veracity.

^ That would be. ... FOX NEWS.

That obvious point aside.... I see no need for them to ask for him for ID. However, I also don't have much empathy for those who assault women. (Much different than Brown who intimidated a man and possibly committed a misdemeanor of petty theft. Not cool but not nearly as despicable.)

I hope the cat is ok.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:17 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

How about stop with the silly names, like "liberal". You clearly don't even know what that means.

Most news channels are all about hype to get more revenue.

This story is silly. Here is a little better description of what happened, but it doesn't provide an agenda for the anti-cop crowd as well.

UDPATE: Suspect in Police-Involved Shooting at Dothan Animal Shelter Passes Away

Old 01-05-2015, 10:39 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,995,615 times
How can some of you even bring politics into this particular topic?

Guy brings in an animal to the shelter.
They ask guy for an ID
Guy argues and became disorderly
Cops are called
Guy argues with cop
Guy gets into a physical altercation with cop
Cop shoots guy during physical altercation
Guy dies

Seems pretty straight forward to me. This has absolutely nothing to do with politics. Some of you are so hellbent on making this political just to fill your own personal agenda for whatever reason and it is sickening.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:38 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,987,904 times
This guy obviously had a history with the locals and a problem with authority and government. Was shooting him the only option? I'd like to see the dash cam. Perhaps officers need to have another gun on them, one that has less lethal rubber bullets.

Strange he would care about a stray cat. Maybe it's a newer thing, but I don't recall places I volunteered ever insisting on getting ID from one that dropped a stray off. That might hinder people with petty warrants and other things from bringing an animal in. There are "lower case people", drug addicts, thieves and so forth that really love animals, but would be leary bringing them into a place that insisted on ID. I think having cameras in place is smarter. Ask for ID, if they refuse, ya have their photo anyway. Shelter folks are usually just thankful they brought a stray into the shelter instead of doing nothing like most people do.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:44 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
That's what you get when you pull a loaded cat on the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events