Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 04:51 PM

723 posts, read 868,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
The courts get away with this stuff because people let them get away with it. If more people took the law into their own hands stuff like this would be far less likely to happen. I could see this ending badly if it happened to me. Let's hope it never does.
I agree, every time there's an outrageously bad ruling I'm wondering why aren't people smashing up the courthouse or whatever? They'll smash up innocent businesses when the wrong person gets shot but when it comes to holding people who actually have influence over real **** responsible...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 07:37 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times
This is common and pathetic.

Me, I will sit in jail before I pay support on a kid that is not mine.

The new debtors prison.........almost exclusively for men!

Old 03-01-2015, 11:25 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
The mom should have to pay, not this guy. We need to change the laws so only biological parents pay (except in adoption cases), but sadly it's getting worse where now they are going after stepparents or even people that were live in situations. It's not fair what happened to this man.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:27 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,316,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpiff View Post
we incarcerate more people than any country on earth, the prison population has exploded in the last 25 years. There is nothing "soft on criminals" about the american justice system
^^^ that.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:39 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
IMO this entire mess is the states fault. They should have had the responsibility of verifying paternity and making sure the man was contacted and full aware of situation and given opportunity in the beginning to state his case.
Many states are now requiring a man sign the birth certificate and acknowledge paternity. Women can no long just write down any guys name as it should be.

I'm not exactly sure why fathers (or not fathers) are held legally responsible for financially supporting their children yet the mother is not. If the mother cant support her children she is eligible for food stamps, WIC, housing and other welfare benefits while the father is incarcerated if he can not find and hold down a job to support his child. If anyone should have to pay back the welfare it should be the mother.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:43 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
This is why DNA tests should be required at birth. With the rate of divorce in modern society and the redefinition of fatherhood as primarily a fiscal obligation that is independent of any actual child rearing role, it is important that the alleged father's biological relation to the child is established beyond any scientific doubt before he is assigned the legal status of father with all of the responsibilities that entails. This will solve any paternity fraud issues from the get go and also prevent the father from trying to deny paternity later on.

It once made sense to presume any child of a marriage was the legitimate and legal child of both participants in the marriage, but now that the science of DNA has advanced as far as it has, and the sanctity of marriage itself has deteriorated as much as it has, that time has passed.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:39 PM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
This is why DNA tests should be required at birth. With the rate of divorce in modern society and the redefinition of fatherhood as primarily a fiscal obligation that is independent of any actual child rearing role, it is important that the alleged father's biological relation to the child is established beyond any scientific doubt before he is assigned the legal status of father with all of the responsibilities that entails. This will solve any paternity fraud issues from the get go and also prevent the father from trying to deny paternity later on.

It once made sense to presume any child of a marriage was the legitimate and legal child of both participants in the marriage, but now that the science of DNA has advanced as far as it has, and the sanctity of marriage itself has deteriorated as much as it has, that time has passed.
If no father is around how are you going to get a DNA test? I think the father should have to sign the birth certificate acknowledging paternity before he can be required to abide by any financial responsibility. If he has doubt he can request a DNA test. If the father is not around the mother should be allowed to petition the court to force him to submit to a test and acknowledge paternity.

Old 03-02-2015, 02:15 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
This is one of the many reasons why you never ever get involved with a single mother and fall into the role of a beta male provider.
I wouldn't take it this far, you just have to be smart about it. 80% of the ones of questionable character can be weeded out on the first date by a guy with the least amount of intuition but most guys think with their genitals.

In the rest of the cases, well you can change your identity or use a firearm, whatever suits you. Bending over and taking it up the butt for 10 years for children that are not yours, forced upon you by the state, is NOT the solution I would take. Some betas do need to grow a pair or at least have a little psychopathic tendencies.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:59 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out
And the Detroit Bar rates this judge as "outstanding".
Yup thats about the gist of it..... PEOPLE THINK CRAP IS GOOD THESE DAYS!!!! (This judge doing BAD/MEAN THINGS looks good in ppls brainwashed minds)

Old 03-02-2015, 04:30 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,485,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If no father is around how are you going to get a DNA test? I think the father should have to sign the birth certificate acknowledging paternity before he can be required to abide by any financial responsibility. If he has doubt he can request a DNA test. If the father is not around the mother should be allowed to petition the court to force him to submit to a test and acknowledge paternity.
Yes, very good point, BUT:
Currently a woman can name any old man as the father, and he can be held responsible, whether he is around or not. DNA tests can prove in court he IS the father, but DNA tests are NOT ALLOWED TO PROVE NOT the father in court currently.
ANd how is the man, without DNA to know if she slept with 15 other men the same week he did? SIgning a birth certificate without DNA testing is a worthless and potentially worngful act.
What if the man she petitions is NOT the father? How much court time and costs will be wasted TRYING TO find the father?

A DNA test will eliminate any man who IS around whom she may claim is the father. If NONE MATCH, then she has to provid the names of potential fathers!
BUT, for now, She can pick the man: she hopes to keep around {her}, claiming he is the father; the one who has money she thinks will support the child; the one she WANTS to be the father, whether he is or not; the one she'd LIKE To be the father; any man she thinks will stay with her if the child is "his"; etc etc. She can name any man she WANTS.
A woman could have claimed Warren Buffett was the father and HE may have to pay child support, even though it is HIGHLY unlikely he'd be fathering a child now.

THIS has GOT TO STOP. Women can sleep with whomever and hold {any}one man responsible, who may not be the father.
Of COurse, MEN need to be carefull playing around to, don't do it if you ain't willing to potentially be named a father and suffer the consequences.

***AT one time On the Maury show {who likes to DNA proof shows}, a young "lady" of 16 came on the show and had like 5 men potential fathers of her child. NONE WERE, SHE was on a subsequent show, and 8 more, NONE WERE. Then the men of the family showed up on a third show and NONE WERE {they did it to prove there wasn't incest}. Fourth show, they bring in EVERY man in the small town out in the middle of nowhere where she was from. Guess what? The ONE MAN who DID impregnated her at the age of 15 was over 18, and was subsequently arrested. This girl OBVIOUSLY GOT AROUND, though, as all the first 13 men had slept with her and who knows of the men remaining on the last show had actually slept with her too?!!.......

My mother always said Grandma always said "keep your dress DOWN girls" to her and sisters, and my mother always told me to "keep it IN my pants"...Hence, I have never been named a father to a child that wasn't mine!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events