Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 07:27 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Dad Eats Daughter's Pot Brownies, Thinks He's Having A Stroke: Cops

While it was dumb to leave them out now this girl will have a drug conviction and can kiss any financial aid for school bye and have a much harder time getting a job. All before she's even an adult. Pretty amazing how our government would rather more people live off welfare than legalize a harmless plant.
I agree. Sounds like a typical reaction from cops in Florida. This plant needs to be legalized already. As much as I am annoyed by potheads, people getting "drug" convictions because of a plant in the catnip family is stupid. Imagine if lavender was illegal because the smell is soothing. Just ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 08:57 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
While I am wholly against marijuana this is a family matter and should be handled that way.. the state should nol pros the case... if it was a stranger then hell yea.. prosecute

If the dad was released medically and he was.. and there wasn't any damage to him.. and there wasn't... no real victim IF it was unintentional...

If she intended to to make him high then I would be on the fence.. but it would still be a juvenile matter

One way or another her case file will be sealed and it is highly unlikely anything will ever come of it to slow down her life...

Old 03-31-2015, 09:29 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,932,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Very stupid of her!!
Her father could have had a bad reaction to the pot!!!!! (Worse than what happend)
Short of a few reports from religious based anti-drug groups, I have never heard or seen anyone have a "bad reaction" to MJ. It is time to legalize it

Old 03-31-2015, 10:17 PM

140 posts, read 188,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
Short of a few reports from religious based anti-drug groups, I have never heard or seen anyone have a "bad reaction" to MJ. It is time to legalize it
You just haven't looked hard enough .

Even this dog was once hard working, until he tried the pot just once.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:28 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Mountain View Post
You just haven't looked hard enough .

Even this dog was once hard working, until he tried the pot just once.
The chick is the face of meth... and while I know some potheads that look like that it is more the gene pool than pot

Anyone who would subject their dog to getting high is a sick puppy all the way around

I dont like drugs.. any drug.. pot included.. it increases my workload... if it becomes legal it will still increase my workload... if it gets taken out of granny 12 plants backyard and taken over by Monsanto it will still increase my workload.. even with all the money that will go to LEO should it become legal.... no way is it good for society.. dopers will still scam the system...

I could get behind it more if potheads would give up social welfare and any health problems that might come from its use... (like we see in our ER's) but they wont.. they want free medical and welfare and get high and zone out too

NO WAY JOSE

Old 03-31-2015, 10:42 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,250,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Not a criminal matter. Stupid, but not criminal.
Wrong. It was a crime. The father stole the daughter's brownies.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:55 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
While I am wholly against marijuana this is a family matter and should be handled that way.. the state should nol pros the case... if it was a stranger then hell yea.. prosecute

If the dad was released medically and he was.. and there wasn't any damage to him.. and there wasn't... no real victim IF it was unintentional...

If she intended to to make him high then I would be on the fence.. but it would still be a juvenile matter

One way or another her case file will be sealed and it is highly unlikely anything will ever come of it to slow down her life...
I agree. Lots of people did stupid things when they were teenagers. And the vast majority grew up, put it behind them and became contributing members of society.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:19 PM

463 posts, read 320,839 times
Quote:
The chick is the face of meth... and while I know some potheads that look like that it is more the gene pool than pot

Anyone who would subject their dog to getting high is a sick puppy all the way around

I dont like drugs.. any drug.. pot included.. it increases my workload... if it becomes legal it will still increase my workload... if it gets taken out of granny 12 plants backyard and taken over by Monsanto it will still increase my workload.. even with all the money that will go to LEO should it become legal.... no way is it good for society.. dopers will still scam the system...

I could get behind it more if potheads would give up social welfare and any health problems that might come from its use... (like we see in our ER's) but they wont.. they want free medical and welfare and get high and zone out too

NO WAY JOSE
You know what? No matter what thread you post this nonsense in, I am not going to let you get away with it.

Quote:
if it becomes legal it will still increase my workload...
That is simply not true. Most of the flimsy reasons you stand on as reasons why prohibition should remain in place will go away when prohibition ends. You are just too biased to see it.

Your "reality" when it comes to cannabis is based solely on the asshats you deal with every day. They are irresponsible people doing irresponsible things. But 90% of all the cannabis users out there are people you never come into contact with, because they are responsible people that use it responsibly. However, you blindly and admittedly lump all of them together, stating that all of them are irresponsible, non-productive citizens who cannot be trusted. You don't know how wrong you are, and actually you are the one being quite irresponsible because you are the one with the gun, the power, and the authority to ruin peoples lives because of your terribly myopic view of all cannabis users.

Quote:
What a load of garbage! Please show where our ER's are getting loaded down with cannabis users. Sorry, but that isn't happening sir, and as is normal for you, you shoot yourself in the foot every time you try to spread such falsehoods.

Also, please show where our social and medical programs are getting overrun by people in poor health because of cannabis use. Sorry again sir. You are making stuff up again, just like you did in the Colorado thread. Remember your comments about counties that supposedly "want nothing to do with cannabis" and that have "banned it altogether"?

Here is a quote made by you from that same Colorado thread:

Quote:
The article states... which is better...and the conclusion....WITH caveats is that mj is the better of the two substances... which I agree with...

Do I want doper behavior or alcoholics surrounding me... no

Which one is more destructive to my community right now.... marijuana by far... alcohol is highly controlled
So you said it yourself. Because alcohol is highly regulated and controlled it is by far the lesser of the two problems. Yet you steadfastly refuse to see that the same benefits from regulation and control apply to cannabis also.

That is your acute myopia rearing its ugly head again...

Old 03-31-2015, 11:28 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,339 times
Quote:
How will legalization increase leo workload? In Colorado, major crime has decreased since legalization. Do you mean that police will no longer be able to pad their arrest rates and will have to focus on arresting real criminals? If so, that benefits society and should boost the moral of the police as they are actually contributing to the betterment of the community that they serve. In any case, I don't see how it would effect you at all except for an improvement in your QOL.

Quote:

NO WAY JOSE
Put down the prohibitionist propaganda brownie. They are much more dangerous than the cannabis kind.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:30 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
I, for one, am happy to foot the bill for this girl's incarceration and her future of food stamps and section 8 housing. As an anti drug social conservative, my tax burden to support these types is as American as apple pie. Or pot brownies as the case may be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events