Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 11:38 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,424,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Dad Eats Daughter's Pot Brownies, Thinks He's Having A Stroke: Cops

While it was dumb to leave them out now this girl will have a drug conviction and can kiss any financial aid for school bye and have a much harder time getting a job. All before she's even an adult. Pretty amazing how our government would rather more people live off welfare than legalize a harmless plant.
It doesn't sound harmless to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 11:41 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,125,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
Short of a few reports from religious based anti-drug groups, I have never heard or seen anyone have a "bad reaction" to MJ. It is time to legalize it
There have been a few bad reactions to pot, and they mostly revolve around edibles and people who eat too many of the edibles.

-- Richard Kirk killed his wife after eating marijuana edibles.

-- A Wyoming man committed suicide after consuming marijuana edibles.

-- An Oklahoma man committed suicide after too many marijuana edibles.

-- Two CU-Boulder students sent their professor and several students to the hospital by giving them pot brownies and not telling them.

-- There has been an increase in kids coming to ERs because they accidentally ingested edibles.

Marijuana reactions may not kill you, but they are not always harmless.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:42 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,305,335 times
Why don't I ever stumble upon random pot brownies? The dad should of called off work, turned on some pink Floyd, and considered himself lucky!

Old 03-31-2015, 11:48 PM

463 posts, read 320,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
It doesn't sound harmless to me.
That is because almost everything you have been taught about the plant has been propaganda, with its roots based in corruption.

Please don't throw your hands up and say "oh great! Another pothead spreading HIS propaganda!". DO THE RESEARCH.

Here's a post, courtesy of Sonic_Spork, that sums it up quite well. Sonic_Spork is someone who has not only researched it, but she actually wrote college papers about the subject:

Quote:
I've actually written a few college papers on the history of pot prohibition. It's interesting stuff. A true tale of "follow the money" and sensationalist propaganda...and the American people bought it hook, line and sinker. Except those that had the personal experience to know better, I guess.

The drug itself has little to do with why it's illegal actually.

It was about the revenue streams of W.R. Hearst's timber and paper industry in the Pacific NW and Dupont's new product, nylon. You know...the same nylon that is in all of your clothing now? The same nylon that a large percentage of rope you can buy is also made of? There were competing interests developing more efficient ways of processing hemp fibers that would have revolutionized the textile industries. Highly sustainable and renewable resources that could fill all of our needs for the traditional hemp rope as well as paper, fabrics, eventually even building materials and so much more. But this would have rocked the financial foundations of some very powerful leaders of industry.

How to get rid of hemp?

Demonize cannabis. All of it.

They did not just use the crazy assertions contained in Reefer Madness like violence and insanity...many of the claims were straight up racist as heck. When a man is allowed to stand on the floor of Congress and explain that "marihuana" will make their respectable white wives and daughters run off with Mexicans and black jazz musicians...and that is exactly the kind of crazy talk that pushed fear of this drug and the first laws against it.

Of course in recent years all too many industries stand to profit from prohibition. The for-profit prison system for starters, as well as all of the same textile industries that would no longer be needed, alcohol, pharma (and that one is HUGE) all the way down to reduction of asset forfeiture by your local cop shop and less reason to do things like "stop and frisk" of young black men.

Practically every reason for MJ prohibition is rooted in corruption at some very high levels of society. And almost nothing to do with it being a "bad scary drug that dopers will get all dopetastic on--to the detriment of THE CHILDREN." People who think that are still happily being led down the garden path by big gov and big biz.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:51 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times
As an avid pot smoker I can comfortably say that the dad is a square and these police/prosecutors are asshats.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:54 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
Why don't I ever stumble upon random pot brownies? The dad should of called off work, turned on some pink Floyd, and considered himself lucky!
The girl comes home and Dad's on the couch singing

I have become
comfortably numb...

Old 04-01-2015, 04:03 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Ummm. They don't appear to have been that harmless. They made dad sick. If dad had been drug tested at work, he could have lost his job for a drug he unknowingly took.The daughter did something illegal. There will be consequences as there should be.
They "made dad sick" because he had no idea they were filled with weed. I've smoked and eaten my share of edibles, but if someone just threw THC in my cereal one morning and I had no idea, you can bet your ass that I'd be flipping out!

You're right, the law is the law. But the law is archaic and needs to change. Too bad that didn't happen soon enough for this girl and her dad. She is screwed over a law against nature.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:05 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The girl comes home and Dad's on the couch singing
Indeed....

MARY JANE

Old 04-01-2015, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
The chick is the face of meth... and while I know some potheads that look like that it is more the gene pool than pot

Anyone who would subject their dog to getting high is a sick puppy all the way around

I dont like drugs.. any drug.. pot included.. it increases my workload... if it becomes legal it will still increase my workload... if it gets taken out of granny 12 plants backyard and taken over by Monsanto it will still increase my workload.. even with all the money that will go to LEO should it become legal.... no way is it good for society.. dopers will still scam the system...

I could get behind it more if potheads would give up social welfare and any health problems that might come from its use... (like we see in our ER's) but they wont.. they want free medical and welfare and get high and zone out too

NO WAY JOSE

"Health problems that might come from its use" (?!) After working in "our ERs" for over a decade, i can assure you that it does not send people to the hospital. Unless, um.... you know, you eat the wrong brownies.

Just because most substance abusers' tox screens are positive for THC doesn't mean that THC is in itself "bad." As many addict of heroin and/or cocaine that you can find me who are positive for THC, I can find you the same amount of "high functioning" individuals who work with such addicts who would also have a THC positive tox screen- nurses, doctors, social workers and even (gasp) COPS!

Decriminalization plus taxation!

Old 04-01-2015, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I, for one, am happy to foot the bill for this girl's incarceration and her future of food stamps and section 8 housing. As an anti drug social conservative, my tax burden to support these types is as American as apple pie. Or pot brownies as the case may be.
Is this a joke? I hope so. Are there really people who would rather pay money to incarcerate as opposed to save billions in decriminalization?!

Daaaaaamn.... I hope these aren't the same peeps complaining that we are supporting "takers" on welfare because this girl seems headed that way. Do you know how much arrests like this cost taxpayers? Not to mention number of lives ruined?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events