Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 08:21 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by signalfire View Post
Curiouser and curiouser - the locals have been posting that they have done plumbing work for WM in the past and they NEVER close down the stores - that they'll build new bathrooms before working on the old ones. Also the town officials are reporting that there have been no citations of plumbing issues against these Walmarts, nor have permits been pulled at all to have major or minor work done... and that the stores were stocked to the gills and have been having huge sales to clear them out.

Of course, I got this news from Infowars and the like, so grain of salt and all...
you do realize that bathroom or any plumbing goes beyond the bathroom areas: I take it. Plumbing problems just means sewer problems on their property and responsibility. Could mean they will have to go into the slab the stores are built on; but then its their business as long as work is inspected. I know some who only pulled permits once the extent of work needed was done. Citations are not always given when homeowner discover plumbing problems either. They may even decide to close once the pipe or whatever are dug up on cost basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 08:35 AM

1,154 posts, read 1,425,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Awww, come ON...it was funny and C/D sure can always use a bit of humor!

Old 04-21-2015, 08:55 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
I'm not going to jump to conclusions as to what the real reason for the closure may but I don't believe Walmart's story that the closure is due to "Plumbing problems".

Old 04-21-2015, 09:27 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,416,471 times
I thought it was strange that five stores would be closing for the same reason at the same time. Glad it wasn't the Walmart in my town. It is one of only two grocery stores in town and the other one is very expensive.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:13 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,748,882 times
I am skeptical of most conspiracy theory type claims, but just in case I would like to let it be known that I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:15 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I'm not going to jump to conclusions as to what the real reason for the closure may but I don't believe Walmart's story that the closure is due to "Plumbing problems".
Exactly. And are we to believe that all five of these stores had to be suddenly closed simultaneously due to "plumbing problems?" Really? Seems a bit strange to me.

https://fortune.com/2015/04/20/walma...ings-plumbing/

Walmart accused of closing stores to punish activist workers: Union files NLRB complaint.

Walmart Raises Suspicions After Closing 5 Stores In Same Day For “Plumbing” Problems

Old 04-21-2015, 11:18 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
Why am I hearing cukoo cukoo birds chirping as I read this????? Really????

Old 04-21-2015, 11:19 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Exactly. And are we to believe that all five of these stores had to be suddenly closed simultaneously due to "plumbing problems?" Really? Seems a bit strange to me.

https://fortune.com/2015/04/20/walma...ings-plumbing/

Walmart accused of closing stores to punish activist workers: Union files NLRB complaint.

Walmart Raises Suspicions After Closing 5 Stores In Same Day For “Plumbing” Problems
It is strange. I know that many Walmart stores manage to do complete remodels and expansions without closing for a day. None of the locations have applied for permits and city officials in some of the cities where they are closing have publicly expressed dismay as they have been confused by the news as they have no knowledge regarding any problems. Two plumbing techs who did work at one of the Walmart locations in Florida expressed that the problems they saw at that Walmart were typical and not any more serious then what they dealt with at other area Walmart stores. I don't know the reason for the closure but I do find it to be strange.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:23 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
I'm not saying that the Walmarts are closing because they are going to be used as detention centers or supply centers for a military operation or anything like that. What I'm saying is that it's a bizarre way of doing business and made even more bizarre by the fact that five stores were closed simultaneously with apparently zero warning or even rumors.

It's something I've taken note of and will be following.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:09 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Um guys.....labor groups are now pointing out that those 5 walmarts were the sites of pushes for higher wages or unionization. It's basically an excuse to break the back of any labor protests\unionization and to serve as a warning to other stores.

This sounds pretty much like the Walmart we all know....no secret moon bases required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events