Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 08:29 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,792,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfish View Post
The stupidity if these rioters never ceases to amaze me. If blacks want to change the way they are perceived they need to stop reacting in this manner. If people act like animals they are going to be treated like animals. All these riots do is breed more racism. If you have a problem with the cops, what does smashing windows, burning cars and looting liquor stores accomplish? Quit feeling entitled, quit acting like animals, try being civil useful members of society, try having some respect for the cities you live in.
The more it happens, the less people notice. It's almost as though it is expected, like news that a terrorist attack took place in the Middle East, or a Malaysian airline went down. People are becoming immune to it. The same morons rioting and looting are the same ones who would do this if their city's basketball team won a championship. Just another excuse to rob, loot, riot and be the animals they portray themselves to be. It's unfortunate that they play to their own stereotype in certain parts of the country. Keep in mind, most black cities don't react this way. The media loves a good riot though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 08:31 PM

581 posts, read 665,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
I'm sitting at home, what do I have to do with this? The riots aren't breeding racism, there was racism before Blacks rioted and it will continue stop the BS LOL. People like you who stereotype, generalize, and make rude remarks breed racism.

For the Gazillionth time, no race is a monolithic group of people. It's not rocket science!
Yep.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:32 PM

45 posts, read 43,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dessertlover View Post
Really? Let's think about this for a moment, Yakfish. Now, when this country experienced the riots over Trayvon Martin's murder, I watched the national news coverage and I saw some *gasp* WHITE people rioting. Are they animas, Yakfish? Or are they not simply because they are white?

I didn't say they are animals. I said they needed to stop acting like animals. The subject at hand isn't "white people rioting". But yeah...White people shouldn't act like animals either.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
The more it happens, the less people notice. It's almost as though it is expected, like news that a terrorist attack took place in the Middle East, or a Malaysian airline went down. People are becoming immune to it. The same morons rioting and looting are the same ones who would do this if their city's basketball team won a championship. Just another excuse to rob, loot, riot and be the animals they portray themselves to be. It's unfortunate that they play to their own stereotype in certain parts of the country. Keep in mind, most black cities don't react this way. The media loves a good riot though.
Black cities? Are there no whites in this part of Baltimore. As I said in a previous posts, were the WHITES that were rioting in the Trayvon incident animals too? Or are all the "animals" black people?

8,851 posts, read 5,885,576 times
It's so counterproductive what these "rioters" are doing. When you act like that, you don't garner any public support and you are ruining your neighborhood. The damage will take years to repair, and nobody will want to invest in the city which will breed less access to goods/services and ultimately more poverty conditions.

What happened to Freddie Gray, regardless of his past, was terrible and they immediately started investigating. Now because of these thugs, nobody is even thinking about Freddie Gray, so the "riots" have the exact opposite effect of what a peaceful protest was trying to achieve.

Quote:
I'm sitting at home, what do I have to do with this? The riots aren't breeding racism, there was racism before Blacks rioted and it will continue stop the BS LOL. People like you who stereotype, generalize, and make rude remarks breed racism.

For the Gazillionth time, no race is a monolithic group of people. It's not rocket science!
We have stereo types for a reason. They don't just come from nowhere...

Old 04-27-2015, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfish View Post
I didn't say they are animals. I said they needed to stop acting like animals. The subject at hand isn't "white people rioting". But yeah...White people shouldn't act like animals either.
As this progresses and gets worse, do you really think that you aren't going to see WHITE people rioting?

Old 04-27-2015, 08:36 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,759,548 times
Quote:
The police incident ignited it, but I agree with you.
Freddie ran and resisted arrest so I would say that he lit the first match.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:37 PM

Why are you so hung up on white people rioting? Rioting, no matter what the color of your skin is counterproductive.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:38 PM

21,157 posts, read 19,748,059 times
This is not a "riot"; it's a African-American Cultural Celebration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events