Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 03:13 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times

Advertisements

Worth a watch for anyone interested in what is really involved with the police using deadly force.

FOX 46 Charlotte - Shoot or Don't Shoot

If you don't care to watch, the reporter would have been killed by the criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 04:35 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,033,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Worth a watch for anyone interested in what is really involved with the police using deadly force.

FOX 46 Charlotte - Shoot or Don't Shoot

If you don't care to watch, the reporter would have been killed by the criminal.
This represents everything that is wrong with police training. I stopped watching at the second one. The group of loud pot smoking teenagers on the porch, when one of them comes out the door shooting. Dumb, dumb, dumb. When has something like that ever happened in history? Give me one example of a pot smoking teenager who has ever shoot at a cop unprovoked like that. This is the type of stupid police training thats going to get some kid killed for no good reason.

That training situation serves no useful purpose other then to make cops paranoid of every single person they encounter. Don't tell me that they need to be prepared for that. Because no matter how trained they are or how good a shot they are there is no defense for somebody coming out a door shooting at you. They would already be shooting at the cop before he knows. If that happens, your only hope is that the bullets will miss you or hit your body armor. Thats what bullet proof vests are for. You don't need have your trigger happy finger on your gun, to break up every pot party.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I stopped watching at the second one.
So you draw conclusion without watching entire video including commentary from reporter and his opinions which are at the end. The impossible scenario that you describe looks very probable in say in rural America. Drugs are not just an inner city problem.

That's being less credible than the video that you don't like.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:56 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,608,234 times
Why Cops In Britain And New Zealand Don't Carry Guns - Business Insider
I can see why officers in these other countries don't carry guns, they don't want the distraction of always worrying that every situation requires deadly force. There is a huge difference in the mindset of our country. Unfortunately, I don't see how we can change it. Quite frankly, we are raised to have gun battles in America. Neither side has much time to think about it.
I doubt we will mature past this but it would be nice if we could cut down on all this violence.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:09 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,826 times
Don't even get me started
Want me to relay all the cases with personal knowledge involving marijuana and violence
Come during harvest time
Go out in our forests and neighborhoods and trespass wander innocently upon or around grows and see how that works put for you
One constant about mj... cultivation.. is criminal behavior and firearms
I have personally experienced one case of a bunch of stoner juvies sitting around armed firing at us when we approached ...

They thought we were "fake" police there to rip them
This scenario has been repeated several times lately with " fake" police ... pretty comical actually

Please... stick to what "you" know and not anti police agendas ...and you know who you are... just so I don't personalize it

When civilians are put through simulators they generally over react and shoot more often and sooner than police ... this has been repeated many times . We offer the simulator to anyone in government.. civic leaders and news media to use to experience first hand the decision making process and restrictive force policies we work under

Old 04-30-2015, 10:21 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,329,154 times
I'm not sure what these "reporter days at the range" is supposed to demonstrate. Are we to assume that the skill level of the walk on reporter is somehow equivalent to a cop who has graduated from the police academy, shown weapon proficiency, and hours of classes on the use of force? I certain hope not.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:07 AM

62 posts, read 70,082 times
The one with the pot smokers was clearly very fast escalation. The reporter should have a holster to start with or start with the gun on his hand.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:04 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,689,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Why Cops In Britain And New Zealand Don't Carry Guns - Business Insider
I can see why officers in these other countries don't carry guns, they don't want the distraction of always worrying that every situation requires deadly force. There is a huge difference in the mindset of our country. Unfortunately, I don't see how we can change it. Quite frankly, we are raised to have gun battles in America. Neither side has much time to think about it.
I doubt we will mature past this but it would be nice if we could cut down on all this violence.

It might be too much of a burden for British cops to worry about carrying guns when they were so preoccupied in "losing" evidence in child sex abuses cases.

Rotherham abuse victim: 'I was raped once a week, every week' - BBC News

Old 04-30-2015, 02:50 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,033,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
One constant about mj... cultivation.. is criminal behavior and firearms
I have personally experienced one case of a bunch of stoner juvies sitting around armed firing at us when we approached ...
That must have been big news, stoner kids shooting at cops. Do you have a news link? No, I don't suppose you do, because it probably never happened.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I'm not sure what these "reporter days at the range" is supposed to demonstrate. Are we to assume that the skill level of the walk on reporter is somehow equivalent to a cop who has graduated from the police academy, shown weapon proficiency, and hours of classes on the use of force? I certain hope not.
You must not have watched that video as he was not at a "range". Surprising that you failed to grasp the concept of why he was there. It certainly wasn't to prove that he was as good as a policeman at using a weapon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events