Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 01:00 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times

Advertisements

This happened in Oct 2013.

Was this terrible event broadcast on the national news and I just happened to miss it?

How could this NOT be a national news story?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 01:14 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
This happened in Oct 2013.

Was this terrible event broadcast on the national news and I just happened to miss it?

How could this NOT be a national news story?
Did you even read the article? Its about the family speaking out now, 2 years later. It's taken that long to put the criminal thugs in jail.

Old 05-14-2015, 01:21 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Did you even read the article? Its about the family speaking out now, 2 years later. It's taken that long to put the criminal thugs in jail.
The article states "...All six were soon arrested and held in custody....".

When a crime of that magnitude occurs, the press jumps on it long before the conviction.

Old 05-14-2015, 01:28 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
The article states "...All six were soon arrested and held in custody....".

When a crime of that magnitude occurs, the press jumps on it long before the conviction.
Do you know that they didn't and why does that even matter?

Old 05-14-2015, 05:09 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
OMG!!!! Are you defending these scumbags?
How do you possibly come up with that interpretation?

Quote:
What does "color" have to do with this story? Why did you even bring it up?
If you have been on this forum long enough (3 days or more), you'd notice that about 80% of the opinions posted concerning this type of crime devolve into "blacks are the problem". The point I was making is that this kind of horrible crime can be perpetrated by a person of any color. A preemptive post, if you will.

This famous case involved a white-on-white attack, with rapes of an adult and a minor and burning victims alive. Cheshire, Connecticut, home invasion murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wichita Massacre involved a black-on-white attack, with gang rapes and execution style murders. Wichita Massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

F-ed up. R.I.P.

Mick

P.S. Watch, I predict that posts that follow this one will be all about how blacks commit crimes more frequently.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:13 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

P.S. Watch, I predict that posts that follow this one will be all about how blacks commit crimes more frequently.
Let me help you out...... They don't ?

Old 05-14-2015, 05:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
As this illustrates once again, a family's safety is a personal responsibility.

Ten years ago, the supreme court ruled that the police have no legal duty to protect the public. Their job is to perform an investigation of some sort and possibly make an arrest sometime in the future.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/po.../28scotus.html

Making your home unattractive to criminals should be a no-brainer. There are a number of low cost measures one can take to achieve that. Allowing one's family to be vulnerable to thuggery is irresponsible. As is blissfully assuming "the police will keep me safe."

Old 05-14-2015, 05:27 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Let me help you out...... They don't ?
Statistically they do. But how is it relevant to this horrific crime exactly? If someone says pedophiles are more often than not white, you'd agree that is relevant to any given child abuse case with a white perpetrator? Makes no sense to me, but it may to y'all.

Mick

Old 05-14-2015, 09:17 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Speechless, I hope they go away for a looooooooooooong time.
I feel the same way. You do the crime, you do the time. Period. No excuses. That home invasion is a despicable act.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:05 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Statistically they do. But how is it relevant to this horrific crime exactly? If someone says pedophiles are more often than not white, you'd agree that is relevant to any given child abuse case with a white perpetrator? Makes no sense to me, but it may to y'all.

Mick
Well, you pose something very important. A story like the Wichita Massacre sometimes gets used by some people to justify their own hatred of Blacks. A story like that gets used in a "see, Blacks are like that" kind of manner. The crime committed is disgusting, and focus on the crime itself should be where the focus is put.

One important question is this. What good is discussing the race of the perps? What positive solutions will come from that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events