Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2015, 11:23 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Yet the good people of Chicago continue to put up with their corrupt leaders and refuse to do anything about it.

Machine politics are alive and well in Chicago. It goes way way back. Now we have a president that grew up politically rubbing elbows with the same people. My FIL was part of the corruption back in the 70's and 80's. He had two patronage jobs in addition to his full time job. That "system" has been in place for decades. The corruption is deep seeded and when you have corruption that powerful it's difficult to resist when you're in office. Maybe our elected officials start out with good intentions maybe they don't. The average person will never know what goes on behind closed doors. Nor can we do anything about but vote with our feet and get the h out of crook county.

On a more refreshing note, it's been quiet in the hood. There hasn't been a shooting in a couple of days now. I've been taking care of a Latin King banger that got shot in the head at work. I've also been involved with multiple shootings in the ER's at the various hospitals I've worked for over the years and I can tell you that the shooting victims come in all colors. I've seen more Hispanic then African American and only a few whites over the years. Go to the inner city hospitals and you will see more shootings of whatever demographic lives in that area.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's not about race, it's about a mentality. It's easy to stereotype it to a certain race and yes it does exist there, but that culture has infiltrated all races. I've also seen the parents of these trauma victims and I have to tell you that I can understand why some of their children chose that pathway. Anyone who thinks that the average person can do anything to promote change is in my opinion naive. Change comes from within and it's the parents that need to change.

I have a friend that was an inner city teacher and she has stories about these parents that would make your toes curl. She was white and was "let go" so that a black teacher could take her place. Yep machine politics at it's finest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 10:45 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,783,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I have no outrage... I'm wondering why the #BlackLivesMatter movement is not outraged
They are waiting for the #whitelivesmatter movement first with the Texas biker gangs

Old 05-26-2015, 11:03 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,122,075 times
^^ The funny thing is that people are still arguing over a media prop.

The media's making millions off of exploiting, not solving our problems.

Old 05-26-2015, 01:23 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
They are waiting for the #whitelivesmatter movement first with the Texas biker gangs
Can you imagine the excrement that would be in the pants of the #BlackLivesMatters supporters if there was a #WhiteLivesMatter movement? That's hilarious.

Last edited by Orlandochuck1; 05-26-2015 at 01:45 PM..

Old 05-26-2015, 01:30 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,950,448 times
Welcome to the jungle!!!

Old 05-26-2015, 05:46 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,000,788 times
Quote:
I have no outrage... I'm wondering why the #BlackLivesMatter movement is not outraged
Because most black people have other things to concern themselves with like going to work and paying bills. The same thing happens here in Philadelphia and I am going outside to protest anything because most of it is gang and drug related.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:09 PM

421 posts, read 410,749 times
Quote:
Can you imagine the excrement that would be in the pants of the #BlackLivesMatters supporters if there was a #WhiteLivesMatter movement? That's hilarious.

That's funny! "white history month" comes to mind...

Old 05-26-2015, 06:12 PM

575 posts, read 615,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Machine politics are alive and well in Chicago. It goes way way back. Now we have a president that grew up politically rubbing elbows with the same people.
Actually, he grew up in Hawaii (and Malaysia).

Old 05-26-2015, 07:05 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,019 times
44 more shot over the holiday weekend.

Old 05-27-2015, 02:04 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
44 more shot over the holiday weekend.
Hmm. So 93 shot in just 2 weekends. Where is the MSM?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events