Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2015, 03:32 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I'm not stupid. It's something you'll never be involved in and something you can't stop.
I've no interest in stopping your fantasies and daydreams. I only point out that the rest of us here simply don't believe you that it really exists beyond your delusion. You have offered not one shred of real proof. It's like the child who invents an imaginary friend to feel special.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 06:08 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,411,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I'm tired of hearing people point to black on black crime, without addressing the issues that have caused the high crime rates.

The fact of the matter is they don't want to admit they are wrong. Wrong on the war on drugs and wrong with many of their policies.

Things aren't much different now in inner cities than they were when it was the Italians and Irish in the 30's.

People need to learn from history.

By the way, I'm a Caucasian male of Jewish background and a senior now (if it matters to know who is making this statement):

I've thought about so-called "black-on-black crime" and think that is is likely an incorrect concept. I tend to think that the blacks that perpetrate the crimes spoken of are not doing these deeds in terms of willfully and consciously choosing to victimize other blacks but rather than they just happen to victimize those who just happen to be most proximate to them locationally-speaking and whom they have some type of less-than-positive relations or interactions with . . . whom just happen to live and/or hang out in the same neighborhoods and areas as the crime perpetrators. And therefore, in neighborhoods which are majority black, who is around them? Other blacks. So hence, they victimize those who are most proximate to them or, if their victims are not living in their immediate area, then they may have traveled to their area to or through their area for whatever reason(s) (e.g., visiting family or friends, going shopping, engaging in drug dealing, settling gang disputes and wars). If it was a mixed neighborhood they lived in, their victims would likely be a whole mix of different types of persons . . . and/or they may become victims themselves of some other type of person(s) (even of non-blacks) in a more mixed environment.

In summary, they most often are not victimizing others because they are black but because their victims just happen to be proximate to them locationally or simply cross paths with them wherever they are at that point in time. If whites or Hispanics or Asians or Martians lived or traveled through their area, they may victiimize them too or become victims themselves.

Last edited by UsAll; 05-19-2015 at 06:42 PM..

Old 05-19-2015, 06:17 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
By the way, I'm a Caucasian male of Jewish background and a senior now (if it matters to know who is making this statement):

I've thought about so-called "black-on-black crime" and think that is is likely an incorrect concept. I tend to think that the blacks that perpetrate the crimes spoken of are not doing willfully and conscioulsy choosing to victimize other blacks but rather than they just happen to victimize those who just happen to be most proximate to them locationally-speaking and whom they have some type of less-than-positive relations or interactions with . . . whom just happen to live and/or hang out in the same neighborhoods and areas as the crime perpetrators. And therefore, in neighborhoods which are majority black, who is around them? Other blacks. So hence, they victimize those who are most proximate to them or, if their victims are not living in their immediate area, then they may have traveled to their area to or through their area for whatever reason(s) (e.g., visiting family or friends, going shopping, engaging in drug dealing, settling gang disputes and wars). If it was a mixed neighborhood they lived in, their victims would likely be a whole mix of different types of persons . . . and/or they may become victims themselves of some other type of person(s) (even of non-blacks) in a more mixed environment.

In summary, they most often are not victimizing others because they are black but because their victims just happen to be proximate to them locationally or simply cross paths with them wherever they are at that point in time. If whites or Hispanics or Asians or Martians lived or traveled through their area, they may victiimize them too or become victims themselves.
I agree, these heartless black thugs would just as soon kill white people as anyone else. They have no respect for human life.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:24 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,625 times
Quote:

I've thought about so-called "black-on-black crime" and think that is is likely an incorrect concept. I tend to think that the blacks that perpetrate the crimes spoken of are not doing willfully and conscioulsy choosing to victimize other blacks but rather than they just happen to victimize those who just happen to be most proximate to them locationally-speaking and whom they have some type of less-than-positive relations or interactions with . . . whom just happen to live and/or hang out in the same neighborhoods and areas as the crime perpetrators. And therefore, in neighborhoods which are majority black, who is around them? Other blacks. So hence, they victimize those who are most proximate to them or, if their victims are not living in their immediate area, then they may have traveled to their area to or through their area for whatever reason(s) (e.g., visiting family or friends, going shopping, engaging in drug dealing, settling gang disputes and wars). If it was a mixed neighborhood they lived in, their victims would likely be a whole mix of different types of persons . . . and/or they may become victims themselves of some other type of person(s) (even of non-blacks) in a more mixed environment.

The data proves your statement too. The majority of White homicide victims were murdered by White criminals I don't know why this is such a hard concept for some people to understand.

Good post.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I agree, these heartless black thugs would just as soon kill white people as anyone else. They have no respect for human life.

Well. my point wasn't to focus on heartless black "thugs". Unempathetic, heartless and criminally-minded Italians will victimize their own or anyone else for that matter . . . and so will unempathetic, heartless and criminally-minded Jews, Irish, Germans, Brits, Scots, Russians, Chinese, Koreans, Asian Indians, American Indians, Arabs, . . . etc. etc. etc. ad infinitum. I'm Jewish and I can name you well-known and lesser-known Jewish serial killers and mass murderers, Jewish gangsters/thugs, Jewish common criminals, and the like and can do the same for many other ethnicities/races/nationalities. I myself even knew a woman whom I helped out and housed for a bit in 1980 who, years later, became a victim of a Jewish serial killer. So, if she were Jewish, should we call that "Jewish-on-Jewish crime"? No, she just happened to be available and nearby and got victimized/murdered/dismembered by him (along with at least 16 other known female victims of him).

Your focus or preoccupation seems to be fixated on race (in particular, the black race). Many many many persons over the past two centuries have as well been victims of crimes by those affilicated with the Italian Mafia/Cosa Nostra. And a goodly number of their victims just happened to be other Italians. Shall we have story after story after story in the media over the course of time about "Italian-on-Italian crime"? And yet some of the most wonderful, decent people I've known in my life over my many decades have been Italian. I don't look to generalize the behaviors of some individuals of whatever race or ethnicity or nationality to be representative of that entire race or ethnicity. That kind of thinking or perspective is just reflective of the simplistic, unsophisticated mind of a young child who doesn't know any better. People of greater intelligence, maturity and discernment can see the fine shades and nuances of gray and even of color with life's issues (i.e., realizing that everything in life isn't always so black-and-white).

Last edited by UsAll; 05-19-2015 at 06:55 PM..

Old 05-19-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Well. my point wasn't to focus on heartless black "thugs". Unempathetic, heartless and criminally-minded Italians will victimize their own or anyone else for that matter . . . and so will unempathetic, heartless and criminally-minded Jews, Irish, Germans, Brits, Scots, Russians, Chinese, Koreans, Asian Indians, American Indians, Arabs, . . . etc. etc. etc. ad infinitum. I'm Jewish and I can name you well-known and lesser-known Jewish serial killers and mass murderers, Jewish gangsters/thugs, Jewish common criminals, and the like and can do the same for many other ethnicities/races/nationalities. I myself even knew a woman whom I helped out and housed for a bit in 1980 who, years later, became a victim of a Jewish serial killer. So, if she were Jewish, should we call that "Jewish-on-Jewish crime"? No, she just happened to be available and nearby and got victimized/murdered/dismembered by him (along with at least 16 other known female victims of him).

Your focus or preoccupation seems to be fixated on race (in particular, the black race). Many many many persons over the past two centuries have as well been victims of crimes by those affilicated with the Italian Mafia/Cosa Nostra. And a goodly number of their victims just happened to be other Italians. Shall we have story after story after story in the media over the course of time about "Italian-on-Italian crime"? And yet some of the most wonderful, decent people I've known in my life over my many decades have been Italian. I don't look to generalize the behaviors of some individuals of whatever race or ethnicity or nationality to be representative of that entire race or ethnicity. That kind of thinking or perspective is just reflective of the simplistic, unsophisticated mind of a young child who doesn't know any better. People of greater intelligence, maturity and discernment can see the fine shades and nuances of gray and even of color with life's issues (i.e., realizing that everything in life isn't always so black-and-white).
The topic of this thread is about the Chicago gang bangers that are eliminating each other and innocents caught in the crossfire, all over drug and turf wars. They have no regard for human life. They are scum. This particular topic of 49 people shot in a weekend is entirely the doings of one demographic.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:48 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,620,530 times
Quote:
This particular topic of 49 people shot in a weekend is entirely the doings of one demographic.
Are you sure about that? I lived in Chicago for a while fairly recently and I can recall several races involved in shootings. Are poor inner-city blacks responsible for a lot of this crime? We all know the answer. Do you have any solutions or suggestions? I didn't think so.

It's quite clear that this whole thread was started so you can bash blacks. Give us a little credit.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
The topic of this thread is about the Chicago gang bangers that are eliminating each other and innocents caught in the crossfire, all over drug and turf wars. They have no regard for human life. They are scum. This particular topic of 49 people shot in a weekend is entirely the doings of one demographic.

No doubt that they are scum. They are worse than scum. They are not worthy of living amongst the rest of civilized society and need to be taken out-of-commission. My views on how to deal with criminality in society-at-large on anyone's part (the kind of criminality that victimize and violates others . . . not "criminality" like exceeding a posted speed limit by a bit or spitting on the sidewalk) would make so many of the arch-conservative firebrands in society look and sound like a bunch of liberals and even radiclibs in comparison. I support an iron-fisted, no-nonsense approach to true criminality (which is not the same as mindless and uncalled-for indiscrimate actions on the part of police and law enforcement that we sometimes see in the news).

The point, though, is that it is rather apparent by the tone and language of the web article you cited that it is a website devoted to ethnic/racial/political demagoguery and a constant dichotmous focus on "liberal vs. conservative" or "us versus them". Their reporting and what kinds of news they choose to propagate and how they phrase and couch their writings indicate clearly that they have a "racial agenda" or "us versus them" agenda to advance. I don't care AT ALL about whomever's race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, socioeconomic class, et al. All I care about is how each single individual chooses to behave himself or herself as individuals. Gangs (criminal syndicates) of any persuasion are a menace to society (why, just this past few days in the national and international media, there was reported a major brawl and mass murder spree amongst multiple white biker gangs meeting up with one another in Waco, Texas to war with one another and that left behind many dead and many injured, for instance . . . and it was over drug wars and turf). I am just as appalled by this element running amok in our society as I am of black gangsters, Italian gangsters, Latin American gangsters, Chinese triad gangs, the Russian mob, the human traffickers and enslavers running amok in our nation and around the world, et al . . . as well as the bullies in schools and in cyberspace who torment others, the white-collar criminals, and so on.

It isn't always necessary to frame everything in a liberal versus conservative vs. libertarian versus radical frame-of-reference. Over the course of time, we can write up articles on many of the different sub-groupings or demographic groups in our nation and what acts of depravity and criminality individuals or collections-of-individuals of those groupings have fostered (and not just individuals but criminal syndicates and gangs consisting exclusively or mostly of members of those cohorts). If the media did that with the same continuity that they devote to this constant focusing on what they call "black-on-black crime", many would come to have a jaded view of Italians, Irish, East Asians, South Asians, and Slavs and Eastern Europeans as well . . . and well as a host of others. They would come to more-or-less rival the crimes perpetrated by blacks against whomever. That is just plain intellectual honesty. The plain truth is that I have no agenda to advance other than civility in society on everyone's part. No group is sacred to me (including my own -- the Jews). A violent criminal is a violent criminal is a violent criminal and they should be dealt with the same way . . . with an iron fist. A Jewish gangster/thug or an Italian gangster/thug or an Irish gangster/thug or an Hispanic/Latin American gangster/thug or a Chinese gangster/thug is no better than a black gangster/thug and no less worthy of the continual preoccupation of our attention span and our condemnation.

Last edited by UsAll; 05-19-2015 at 08:22 PM..

Old 05-19-2015, 08:06 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:

I've thought about so-called "black-on-black crime" and think that is is likely an incorrect concept. I tend to think that the blacks that perpetrate the crimes spoken of are not doing these deeds in terms of willfully and consciously choosing to victimize other blacks but rather than they just happen to victimize those who just happen to be most proximate to them locationally-speaking and whom they have some type of less-than-positive relations or interactions with . . . whom just happen to live and/or hang out in the same neighborhoods and areas as the crime perpetrators. And therefore, in neighborhoods which are majority black, who is around them? Other blacks. So hence, they victimize those who are most proximate to them or, if their victims are not living in their immediate area, then they may have traveled to their area to or through their area for whatever reason(s) (e.g., visiting family or friends, going shopping, engaging in drug dealing, settling gang disputes and wars). If it was a mixed neighborhood they lived in, their victims would likely be a whole mix of different types of persons . . . and/or they may become victims themselves of some other type of person(s) (even of non-blacks) in a more mixed environment.

Definitely agree with what your saying.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Are you sure about that? I lived in Chicago for a while fairly recently and I can recall several races involved in shootings. Are poor inner-city blacks responsible for a lot of this crime? We all know the answer. Do you have any solutions or suggestions? I didn't think so.

It's quite clear that this whole thread was started so you can bash blacks. Give us a little credit.
I'm not bashing blacks. I'm bashing gang bangers. If they want to kill each other, that fine with me. I do however have empathy for the innocents that are caught in the crossfire.

My real problem with bangers killing each other is that for every lowlife that gets shot, he inflates our gun violence statistics. The FBI says that up to sixty percent of our gun violence stats are due to gang drug wars. Even when a cop must shoot an armed gang member, it becomes part of the gun violence stats. The anti gun folks then use these statistics to further their agenda. I, as a firearm safety/CCW instructor, and national competition shooter, am constantly defending honest, legal, firearm use.
Anti gun folks can't seem to distinguish between criminal firearm use and legal owners. They tend to lump us all together. They want to pass laws in an effort to lower these statistics, but any legislation only effects the law abiding, and the criminal will go about their business as usual, and the victims will be left vulnerable. So..... yes, I'm bashing, just not the people you think that I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events